Bird poop falling through screens

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 07-04-2019, 02:50 PM

Default Bird poop falling through screens

We got tired of cleaning bird poop from the top of our hot tub. After we built a pool, we searched for someone to install something to keep birds away. Enter Chris Prunty (352-434-2402), who installed an owl, spikes, and shiny discs. As a result, we haven't had to hose down any more bird droppings, and our pool is spotless. ( I have photos, but can't get this site to let me download them.)

Old 07-05-2019, 12:57 PM
Gold member

Gee....I've never seen bird poop on my lanai floor below the screen. I've never noticed bird poop on top of the screen either. I hear the birds in the morning as they seem to be plentiful and happily chirping away. We have owned this home since 2013 and were seasonal until 2016 when we moved here full time.
Old 07-05-2019, 03:57 PM
Veteran member

Location: The Berkshires of Western Massachusetts and the Villages

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Gee....I've never seen bird poop on my lanai floor below the screen. I've never noticed bird poop on top of the screen either. I hear the birds in the morning as they seem to be plentiful and happily chirping away. We have owned this home since 2013 and were seasonal until 2016 when we moved here full time.
Maybe the OP is mistaking it as bird poop when it is actually those horrible and irresponsible dog owners that let their little furry companions crawl up on top of peoples birdcages and do their business??
Old 07-05-2019, 04:20 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Maybe the OP is mistaking it as bird poop when it is actually those horrible and irresponsible dog owners that let their little furry companions crawl up on top of peoples birdcages and do their business??
Old 07-08-2019, 03:16 PM

Default You must not live near a lake or pond

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
You must not live near a lake or pond. The large birds (storks, herons, etc) sit on screens while they watch for fish and, when they fly away, they often leave a white mess that has, on occasion, covered our hot tub.
Bird Poop and dog poop are easily distinguishable
Old 07-08-2019, 03:19 PM

Default Bird Poop and dog poop are easily distinguishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Surely you are not suggesting that I don't know the difference between white bird droppings and brown dog poop!
Attached Thumbnails
stork-cage-jpg  
Old 07-09-2019, 10:27 PM
Sage

Location: Oregon Mo. St Joesph mo, ft worth tx, Omaha neb., upper heyford UK, Clovis NM, OKC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanFranDianne View Post
Surely you are not suggesting that I don't know the difference between white bird droppings and brown dog poop!
No, trying to be funny and sarcastic, like I said, trying LOL
Old 07-10-2019, 11:50 PM
Veteran member

Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina /One Retired in Duval

OP is trying to be helpful giving us info on a product to keep birds off of her pool area. Instead got crap (pun intended) posts.

We have the same problem with large bird sitting on the top of our birdcage watching the pond for their next meal.
It’s a pain to clean up, sometimes on a daily basis, to hose down And have to cover all the furniture when not in use.
Thanks for the info, will give him a call in hopes that it will allow us to use our birdcage without have to clean it before every use.
OP trying to be helpful.....
Old 07-11-2019, 10:35 AM

Default OP trying to be helpful.....

Congratulations on writing a response to the OP that was not rude or insulting,,,,,, only took 8 posts ..... sometimes I just don't understand people.
Old 07-11-2019, 04:58 PM

I just noticed that in our screened area. I was thinking it was from the squirrels who love to sit on top and torture the dog. Interesting solution. Thanks!

Tags
bird, pool, poop, hose, result