Bird poop falling through screens

Closed Thread
Old 07-04-2019, 02:50 PM
Default Bird poop falling through screens

We got tired of cleaning bird poop from the top of our hot tub. After we built a pool, we searched for someone to install something to keep birds away. Enter Chris Prunty (352-434-2402), who installed an owl, spikes, and shiny discs. As a result, we haven't had to hose down any more bird droppings, and our pool is spotless. ( I have photos, but can't get this site to let me download them.)
Old 07-05-2019, 12:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,159 Times in 1,921 Posts

Gee....I've never seen bird poop on my lanai floor below the screen. I've never noticed bird poop on top of the screen either. I hear the birds in the morning as they seem to be plentiful and happily chirping away. We have owned this home since 2013 and were seasonal until 2016 when we moved here full time.
Old 07-05-2019, 03:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,028 Times in 2,726 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Gee....I've never seen bird poop on my lanai floor below the screen. I've never noticed bird poop on top of the screen either. I hear the birds in the morning as they seem to be plentiful and happily chirping away. We have owned this home since 2013 and were seasonal until 2016 when we moved here full time.
Maybe the OP is mistaking it as bird poop when it is actually those horrible and irresponsible dog owners that let their little furry companions crawl up on top of peoples birdcages and do their business??
Old 07-05-2019, 04:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Maybe the OP is mistaking it as bird poop when it is actually those horrible and irresponsible dog owners that let their little furry companions crawl up on top of peoples birdcages and do their business??
Old 07-08-2019, 03:16 PM
Default You must not live near a lake or pond

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
You must not live near a lake or pond. The large birds (storks, herons, etc) sit on screens while they watch for fish and, when they fly away, they often leave a white mess that has, on occasion, covered our hot tub.
Old 07-08-2019, 03:19 PM
Default Bird Poop and dog poop are easily distinguishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Surely you are not suggesting that I don't know the difference between white bird droppings and brown dog poop!
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Stork on a cage.jpg
Views:	955
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	80105  
Old 07-09-2019, 10:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,879 Times in 2,425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanFranDianne View Post
Surely you are not suggesting that I don't know the difference between white bird droppings and brown dog poop!
No, trying to be funny and sarcastic, like I said, trying LOL
Old 07-10-2019, 11:50 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

OP is trying to be helpful giving us info on a product to keep birds off of her pool area. Instead got crap (pun intended) posts.

We have the same problem with large bird sitting on the top of our birdcage watching the pond for their next meal.
It’s a pain to clean up, sometimes on a daily basis, to hose down And have to cover all the furniture when not in use.
Thanks for the info, will give him a call in hopes that it will allow us to use our birdcage without have to clean it before every use.
Old 07-11-2019, 10:35 AM
Default OP trying to be helpful.....

Congratulations on writing a response to the OP that was not rude or insulting,,,,,, only took 8 posts ..... sometimes I just don't understand people.
Old 07-11-2019, 04:58 PM

I just noticed that in our screened area. I was thinking it was from the squirrels who love to sit on top and torture the dog. Interesting solution. Thanks!
Old 07-11-2019, 05:11 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimom View Post
I just noticed that in our screened area. I was thinking it was from the squirrels who love to sit on top and torture the dog. Interesting solution. Thanks!
Our squirrel runs up the birdcage in the back of the house, across the roof then climbs down the screen on our vestibule. Our cat waits in birdcage, runs from the birdcage, looks out the dining area window for a minute, realizes no squirrel, then goes as fast as she can to the front door. Still confusing the cat on how squirrel gets from point A to point B without going past window.
Old 07-18-2019, 09:55 AM

I have found that a good monthly pressure washing is the only way to effectively keep my screens clean. Also, it helps get rid of the green algae that like to accumulate over time.
Old 07-20-2019, 03:45 AM
Default Bird Poop and Squirrels

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimom View Post
My husband pointed out to me yesterday that we haven't seen squirrels (who tortured our dog) since we got the anti-bird devices. However, our dog now barks at least once daily at the plastic owl.
Old 07-20-2019, 07:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
My husband pointed out to me yesterday that we haven't seen squirrels (who tortured our dog) since we got the anti-bird devices. However, our dog now barks at least once daily at the plastic owl.
Ha ha! Dogs are so funny.

Our dog barked at the flamingo inner tube at a pool in the Keys. It had the nerve to drift.
Old 07-20-2019, 01:10 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
So if I get the anti bird device our 4 pound Himalayan cat will just sit there and stare at it in the birdcage, even more confused, then how the squirrel gets from back of house to front without going past window.
Closed Thread

Tags
bird, pool, poop, hose, result

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.