Bird at the Walmart

Closed Thread
Old 02-09-2020, 12:48 PM

Yes I've seen it many times at Fresh Market.
Old 02-09-2020, 12:52 PM

I won't be going in there anymore. It's always so busy.
Old 02-09-2020, 01:06 PM

Animals are better than most people. I hope she used the sanitary wipes b4 setting the cage in place.
Old 02-09-2020, 10:26 PM
Thumbs down Oh dear, dear, dear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces4 View Post
Oh, did the bird have a diaper on it’s bottom? I am so very tired of the comparison of a child, a human being and the future of our country, being compared to animals. If one can’t see the problem with toting animals of all species through groceries stores, one may want to move to India.
You're certainly not helping the situation.
Old 02-09-2020, 11:48 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Nothing tops the grazers, who descend on the salad bar @ Fresh Market & taste everything & double dip--its their free buffet, or reach into the candy bins, yuk
Well that action needs to be reported on the spot.. that is a health hazard.
Old 02-09-2020, 11:57 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassfish View Post
Yes I've seen it many times at Fresh Market.
Seen what many times at Fresh Market?
Old 02-10-2020, 05:48 AM
Default pets in stores

Many of the stores here have gone to the dogs, now Walmart has gone to the birds. Why do people think it is OK to bring their pet to a grocery store? This was never allowed in the past.
Old 02-10-2020, 07:52 AM

We need laws against bringing animals to public places.... I'm allergic to dogs and cats...
Old 02-10-2020, 08:08 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,103 Times in 1,336 Posts

You can see it all t Walmart.
Old 02-10-2020, 09:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,159 Times in 1,921 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Here is a link to frequent questions about service animals and the Federal ADA law.

Frequently Asked Questions about Service Animals and the ADA

Service animals, especially dogs, are allowed to be almost everywhere, including grocery stores and restaurants. Only Congress can change that because it is the Federal law. It don't think the Health Department can ban service animals from public places.
Service animals are properly trained and those who need service animals would never place them in a grocery store shopping cart. Those folks know better.

The emotional support animals and their owners are the ones in question, IMHO. Most of it is a bunch of malarkey. I don't buy it.
Old 02-10-2020, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
1. humans are members of the animal kingdom. By definition, we ARE animals.
2. I know dogs who behave better than some people. Humans are not immune to bad habits, poor behavior, and bad hygiene.
3. Bird cages usually have a solid bottom and are lined with paper for easy cleaning. Birds don't often poop beyond the confines of their cages. The same cannot be said about some kids and the confines of their diapers.
1. Humans have money which they might like to use to buy things. Animals do not.
2. Many canine (dog) illnesses are transmittable to humans via fecal-oral route. No human is allowed to sit in a grocery cart without pants like dogs do. Dogs often lick their butts and eat poop. When was the last time you licked your butt or ate poop? Their mouths are full of disgusting pathogens.
3. Bird cages are disgusting, filthy breeding grounds for illness. They do not belong in any grocery shopping cart.

If you like to roll the dice with shopping amongst all of God’s creatures, you might like China, India, or your choice of third-world country. (BTW what qualities do you think differentiate US from a “3rd World country?”)

Americans have learned that storing food with live or wild-caught animals is a recipe for disaster. If only China would learn too.
Old 02-10-2020, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Service animals are properly trained and those who need service animals would never place them in a grocery store shopping cart. Those folks know better.

The emotional support animals and their owners are the ones in question, IMHO. Most of it is a bunch of malarkey. I don't buy it.
Precisely. Well said.
Old 02-10-2020, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
It's no more disgusting to me than families who put their babies with dirty diapers in the front of the carriage, or people who are sick with contagious illnesses put their hands on the carriages after sneezing into their hands, or kids IN the carriage with their dirty shoes on the side walls, or people who CARRY their dogs into stores that have open food (buffets, produce sections, salad bars, etc) to ensure maximum pup-droolage in the tomato bin.
Are you proposing a ban on babies? We can all Kiss our Social Security and Medicare goodbye without those germy future cash cows.
Old 02-10-2020, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill1701 View Post
Many of the stores here have gone to the dogs, now Walmart has gone to the birds. Why do people think it is OK to bring their pet to a grocery store? This was never allowed in the past.
It’s the result of the slippery slope. When hit the bottom I hope we don’t grab a shovel & start digging.
Old 02-10-2020, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUFAN View Post
IT is aggravating and is to the point it involves health issues. Restaurants and stores where the public frequents, in my opinion is no place for animals of any kind. Such examples, when I was in Home Depot there was two chocolate labs in the shopping cart slobbering all over the cart. I am for people that love animals but, to take them into a restaurant where I am eating is not gonna work for me. There is a first watch up in Ocala that experienced somebody bringing a pony into the restaurant and said it was for her emotional support. I'm sorry we need to get real about this. I would have walked out of the place not caring what stage I was in the meal and never to come back.
Maybe if our lawmakers weren’t so BUSY they could make laws to actually protect the public from harm. Imagine, if they would carefully craft protections for us like they carefully crafted their coop attempts. What a great place this would be!
Closed Thread

Tags
store, week, bird, walmart, neighborhood

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.