Bird at the Walmart

Closed Thread
Old 02-08-2020, 11:40 AM
Default Bird at the Walmart

I thought I had seen it all at the Walmart Neighborhood Store but this week topped them all. I've seen more animals in this store than live on my street. This week a woman brought a bird in a cage and put it in the grocery basket. At that point I walked out. That is gross.
Old 02-08-2020, 12:29 PM

You wouldn't like living in Suriname. Everyone walks around with little songbirds in cages. I rode on a bus sitting next to a village woman with 2 live chickens in a pillow case. She doesn't have electricity and can transport and store live chickens for sunday dinner easier and safer than a cut up grocery store chicken.
I guess its all a matter of what you get used to ...
Old 02-08-2020, 12:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassfish View Post
I thought I had seen it all at the Walmart Neighborhood Store but this week topped them all. I've seen more animals in this store than live on my street. This week a woman brought a bird in a cage and put it in the grocery basket. At that point I walked out. That is gross.
Oh, Good Grief! Maybe the bird just had surgery at the vet hospital up the street and they stopped at WalMart on the way home to pick up a pain script.
Old 02-08-2020, 01:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
AWWW How mean Its a support animal
Can't you recognize a kuku bird when you see one
Old 02-08-2020, 04:37 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,252 Times in 424 Posts

Quote:
I shop at that Walmart and this is beyond ridiculous. Something should be done about this nonsense.
Old 02-08-2020, 04:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,453 Times in 3,084 Posts

It's no more disgusting to me than families who put their babies with dirty diapers in the front of the carriage, or people who are sick with contagious illnesses put their hands on the carriages after sneezing into their hands, or kids IN the carriage with their dirty shoes on the side walls, or people who CARRY their dogs into stores that have open food (buffets, produce sections, salad bars, etc) to ensure maximum pup-droolage in the tomato bin.
Old 02-08-2020, 05:04 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,780 Times in 728 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
It's no more disgusting to me than families who put their babies with dirty diapers in the front of the carriage, or people who are sick with contagious illnesses put their hands on the carriages after sneezing into their hands, or kids IN the carriage with their dirty shoes on the side walls, or people who CARRY their dogs into stores that have open food (buffets, produce sections, salad bars, etc) to ensure maximum pup-droolage in the tomato bin.
Oh, did the bird have a diaper on it’s bottom? I am so very tired of the comparison of a child, a human being and the future of our country, being compared to animals. If one can’t see the problem with toting animals of all species through groceries stores, one may want to move to India.
Old 02-08-2020, 05:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,453 Times in 3,084 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces4 View Post
Oh, did the bird have a diaper on it’s bottom? I am so very tired of the comparison of a child, a human being and the future of our country, being compared to animals. If one can’t see the problem with toting animals of all species through groceries stores, one may want to move to India.
1. humans are members of the animal kingdom. By definition, we ARE animals.
2. I know dogs who behave better than some people. Humans are not immune to bad habits, poor behavior, and bad hygiene.
3. Bird cages usually have a solid bottom and are lined with paper for easy cleaning. Birds don't often poop beyond the confines of their cages. The same cannot be said about some kids and the confines of their diapers.
Old 02-08-2020, 05:48 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,780 Times in 728 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
1. humans are members of the animal kingdom. By definition, we ARE animals.
2. I know dogs who behave better than some people. Humans are not immune to bad habits, poor behavior, and bad hygiene.
3. Bird cages usually have a solid bottom and are lined with paper for easy cleaning. Birds don't often poop beyond the confines of their cages. The same cannot be said about some kids and the confines of their diapers.
Thanks for the laugh of the day.
Old 02-08-2020, 08:40 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default The Bird

Somebody tried to give me the bird once----didn't go well for him.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 02-08-2020, 11:53 PM
Gold member

Lots of wacky people out there & I think Walmart ought to be ashamed.
Old 02-09-2020, 12:29 AM
Sage

Nothing tops the grazers, who descend on the salad bar @ Fresh Market & taste everything & double dip--its their free buffet, or reach into the candy bins, yuk
Old 02-09-2020, 06:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Don't shop ANYWHERE!!!!!!!! Grow your own food. Animals are everywhere. I'm surprised we're all still alive.
Old 02-09-2020, 07:26 AM
Veteran member

I was at Ruby Tuesday last week and as I was leaving I noticed a woman in the waiting area with TWO service dogs. Both had the same “service dog” vest on, but isn’t that taking it a bit far?
Old 02-09-2020, 07:31 AM
Default Dog at the Dentist

They say that top gold out part of the grocery cart is very dirty.
I was at my dentist and a patient had her dog sitting up on the chair. Yuk!!! I left.
Not returning. QUOTE=OrangeBlossomBaby;1716531]It's no more disgusting to me than families who put their babies with dirty diapers in the front of the carriage, or people who are sick with contagious illnesses put their hands on the carriages after sneezing into their hands, or kids IN the carriage with their dirty shoes on the side walls, or people who CARRY their dogs into stores that have open food (buffets, produce sections, salad bars, etc) to ensure maximum pup-droolage in the tomato bin.[/QUOTE]
Closed Thread

Tags
store, week, bird, walmart, neighborhood

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.