Bird at the Walmart

Closed Thread
Old 02-09-2020, 07:42 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by noslices1 View Post
I was at Ruby Tuesday last week and as I was leaving I noticed a woman in the waiting area with TWO service dogs. Both had the same “service dog” vest on, but isn’t that taking it a bit far?
Maybe she’s a nympho!
Old 02-09-2020, 07:49 AM

IT is aggravating and is to the point it involves health issues. Restaurants and stores where the public frequents, in my opinion is no place for animals of any kind. Such examples, when I was in Home Depot there was two chocolate labs in the shopping cart slobbering all over the cart. I am for people that love animals but, to take them into a restaurant where I am eating is not gonna work for me. There is a first watch up in Ocala that experienced somebody bringing a pony into the restaurant and said it was for her emotional support. I'm sorry we need to get real about this. I would have walked out of the place not caring what stage I was in the meal and never to come back.
Old 02-09-2020, 08:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUFAN View Post
IT is aggravating and is to the point it involves health issues. Restaurants and stores where the public frequents, in my opinion is no place for animals of any kind. Such examples, when I was in Home Depot there was two chocolate labs in the shopping cart slobbering all over the cart. I am for people that love animals but, to take them into a restaurant where I am eating is not gonna work for me. There is a first watch up in Ocala that experienced somebody bringing a pony into the restaurant and said it was for her emotional support. I'm sorry we need to get real about this. I would have walked out of the place not caring what stage I was in the meal and never to come back.
Emotional support animals do NOT have protected status under the law. No business is required to allow them to stay.

Rule is:
You can ask IF the animal is a service animal.
You can ask what services that animal is trained to perform.

You can't ask what it is trained to do "for you." Just what it's trained to do, as part of them being a service animal.

If the owner says "emotional support" then you can toss them out.

If the owner says "it is trained to detect oncoming seizures" you can't toss them out.
Old 02-09-2020, 08:29 AM
theruizs

People who choose to have pets should not be inflicting them on those of us who choose not to. If it is inconvenient for you to take your pet home before going to the grocery store for whatever it is you need, remember, you are the one who choose to have a pet. Also, please do not let your pet use my yard as a toilet. If you think pets and kids are so similar, would you really just watch if your neighbor brought his/her grandkids over to pee and poop in your yard? Of course you will have all kinds of excuses for your behavior, but the bottom line it is because it is what is easy and convenient for you, without regard for the feelings of others.
Old 02-09-2020, 08:35 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
It is aggravating and is to the point it involves health issues. Restaurants and stores where the public frequents, in my opinion is no place for animals of any kind. Such examples, when I was in Home Depot there was two chocolate labs in the shopping cart slobbering all over the cart. I am for people that love animals but, to take them into a restaurant where I am eating is not gonna work for me. There is a first watch up in Ocala that experienced somebody bringing a pony into the restaurant and said it was for her emotional support. I'm sorry we need to get real about this. I would have walked out of the place not caring what stage I was in the meal and never to come back.

I agree this is a health issue. I have seen dogs eating right off the tables in restaurants and the dog owners actually feeding them on top of the table. The table is cleaned with a wipe rag that is used on other tables as well.
I also saw a dog in a cart in the grocery store licking the food area at the salad bar.
In a recent flight I woke up to a dog in the lap of the man next to me and the dog was licking my arm.
This all needs to STOP.
Old 02-09-2020, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassfish View Post
I thought I had seen it all at the Walmart Neighborhood Store but this week topped them all. I've seen more animals in this store than live on my street. This week a woman brought a bird in a cage and put it in the grocery basket. At that point I walked out. That is gross.
Wow! Don’t get me wrong... I love animals, but it’s not sanitary to have them in a store where there are human food products! It’s actually against the law unless its a service animal.
Old 02-09-2020, 08:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I didn't read this for a couple of days because I thought someone had noted a local bird was flying around in the eaves at Walmart. BUT

I am not appalled by either babies bottoms or humans with germy hands on my shopping cart.

I don't think neighbors cats are out to get our kitties. (I have never, ever seen a cat out in our neighborhood in all the years living here)

I haven't ever seen a bird in a cage being taken to the grocery store. WOW.

This forum is so enlightening. You can tell who'd you like to know better and who you wouldn't.
Old 02-09-2020, 09:31 AM

Same in Hong Kong. Little old men & women walk everywhere with their little birds in little bamboo cages.
Old 02-09-2020, 09:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Local reporter; Excuse me, Mr. Mz. bird...why are you being pushed around in a cart at Walmart?

Bird; I couldn't find a handicapped scooter with bird controls.

Local reporter; No seriously, who is this person pushing you???

Bird; I don't know, I picked her up in the parking lot.

Local reporter; Many people are offended by you because of your throwing bird seeds and all the bird poop.

Bird; Well everybody eats and poops. Have YOU used the restrooms here????

Local reporter.;Seriously now, don't you think being at Walmart is a bit much???

Bird; Well, I do prefer Costco or B.J.s or Wegmanns or Trader Joes, but the developer is greedy and self serving.

Local reporter; You are offending many many people and people don't like you.

Bird; Excuse me, I see a friend I need to catch up with;
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	animal in shopping cart..jpg
Views:	457
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	82834  

Last edited by graciegirl; 02-09-2020 at 10:09 AM.
Old 02-09-2020, 10:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,008 Times in 1,003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla B View Post
Oh, Good Grief! Maybe the bird just had surgery at the vet hospital up the street and they stopped at WalMart on the way home to pick up a pain script.
Good Answer! i once had my entire apartment painted & needed to keep my dobie with me all day. granted, he didnt fit in a bird cage, but was more well-behaved than most kids were, lol
Old 02-09-2020, 10:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Don't shop ANYWHERE!!!!!!!! Grow your own food. Animals are everywhere. I'm surprised we're all still alive.

Just wait till The Corona virus hits here
Population will drop off sharply
Old 02-09-2020, 10:48 AM
Default Bye bye birdie

I love animals.
The bird has to go.
We need a legal certification card
for service animals.
I have a service dog and carry his certification papers on my phone, along with training exercises.
Too many people pass off animal as service or emotional pet.
The animal has specific tasks to do. What is he birds job?
Old 02-09-2020, 10:49 AM
Default Birds at walmart

There are those making jokes of this posting. This post is looking at a health issue with animals being brought into places where food is sold or served. I understand a service dog which is trained and not jumping around or sitting in shopping carriages or at tables being fed. I've seen a woman with a monkey in Winn Dixie feeding it grapes from produce. Another time a woman with a large lizard feeding it lettuce. Another time dog lifted it's leg and peed on can goods. It's up to the health department to take issue with this. They go around to restaurants and other food business looking for health violations. Think they need to address health issues with animals. Maybe you need to bring home fleas or ticks to take note.
Old 02-09-2020, 12:30 PM

Walmart ? Why are you waiting your time. What else would you expect shopping there.
Old 02-09-2020, 12:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,416 Times in 5,107 Posts

Here is a link to frequent questions about service animals and the Federal ADA law.

Frequently Asked Questions about Service Animals and the ADA

Service animals, especially dogs, are allowed to be almost everywhere, including grocery stores and restaurants. Only Congress can change that because it is the Federal law. It don't think the Health Department can ban service animals from public places.
Closed Thread

Tags
store, week, bird, walmart, neighborhood

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.