Bird at the Walmart

Closed Thread
Old 02-10-2020, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prntxpresn View Post
Animals are better than most people. I hope she used the sanitary wipes b4 setting the cage in place.
The virtue of the creature does not correlate to its pathogenic health hazards.

Did you see the recent reminder issued by the FDA to the manufacturer about the lack of effectiveness of its hand ‘sanitizing’ alcohol gel? Better not rely on those for illness control.
Old 02-10-2020, 08:01 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by prntxpresn View Post
Animals are better than most people. I hope she used the sanitary wipes b4 setting the cage in place.
Baloney.
Old 02-11-2020, 08:05 AM
Red face Simple

As long as you want to have a pet - we are happy for you - and if you want to go live in a Kennel - it's your choice - but don't impose your choice on the one's of us that decide not to have a pet because of the inconveniences. I have observed - people with pets - many are looking for attention by bringing their pet. Service animals - with papers - YES - all other's - NO
Some of us are allergic to animals and the unsantitary nature is awful. We cannot leave children home - big difference. Where did common sense go?
[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]
Old 02-11-2020, 08:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,496 Times in 3,100 Posts

The rule should be universal: four on the floor, face away from the product.

If the dog is anywhere OTHER than on the floor, with both feet down or sitting quietly by his handler's side, then it needs to be out of the store. Period.

No animal should be in a shopping cart. None. Babies should be in carriers or sanitary "cart pads" made to fit on the top of those carts, and not IN the carts themselves without a barrier between themselves and the cart. Putting a kid in diapers on that cart seat and pulling his legs through the holes - where toddlers are usually put - puts everyone at risk of cross-contamination for any customer who puts food up in that part of the shopping cart.

Toddlers also shouldn't be put in those seats, because they stand on the seats with their shoes before their legs slide into those holes. And they stand again when mom takes the kid out.

Barriers should be required in order to put anyone in that section.

If you've ever taken a cart out of the corral, and pulled up the plastic thing on those toddler areas, and seen rust on the metal underneath it - it's because of uric acid eating through the metal. And now you want to put your food down there?

And you're complaining about a bird - in a cage - probably with a liner under the cage -

Sorry I'm just not convinced that a bird, caged, with a liner in the cage, is any more disgusting than a kid in the top of the cart.
Old 02-11-2020, 09:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
The rule should be universal: four on the floor, face away from the product.

If the dog is anywhere OTHER than on the floor, with both feet down or sitting quietly by his handler's side, then it needs to be out of the store. Period.

No animal should be in a shopping cart. None. Babies should be in carriers or sanitary "cart pads" made to fit on the top of those carts, and not IN the carts themselves without a barrier between themselves and the cart. Putting a kid in diapers on that cart seat and pulling his legs through the holes - where toddlers are usually put - puts everyone at risk of cross-contamination for any customer who puts food up in that part of the shopping cart.

Toddlers also shouldn't be put in those seats, because they stand on the seats with their shoes before their legs slide into those holes. And they stand again when mom takes the kid out.

Barriers should be required in order to put anyone in that section.

If you've ever taken a cart out of the corral, and pulled up the plastic thing on those toddler areas, and seen rust on the metal underneath it - it's because of uric acid eating through the metal. And now you want to put your food down there?

And you're complaining about a bird - in a cage - probably with a liner under the cage -

Sorry I'm just not convinced that a bird, caged, with a liner in the cage, is any more disgusting than a kid in the top of the cart.
Shouda Coulda Woulda.

Our views. Only. When I see "should", I see a sermon coming.

I think that the "looking under the plastic thing and seeing rust that is uric acid eating up metal" is a reach. I am not supporting animals visiting grocery stores at all. But I am not ouchy about babies sitting in the seats at grocery stores and unless and until my immune system is compromised I will not use wipes. First of all it is a waste of time and second, most of us have OUR LITTLE SOLDIERS in our immune system get stronger from meeting the enemy.

Some people don't enjoy animals and I understand that. I do like animals, except for snakes, but I draw the line at ridiculous which is saying oh hum when I see a bird riding around the grocery store.

Let's just all use our common sense.

Do ANY OF US REALLY LOOK AT THIS AS A TREND?

I think if we all just continue to glare at people who abuse the privilege of taking their animals where they are not wanted, we will get the message across.
Old 02-11-2020, 09:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,369 Times in 2,516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmtruax View Post
Walmart ? Why are you waiting your time. What else would you expect shopping there.
I know. There is a much better class of animal in Publix carts!
Closed Thread

Tags
store, week, bird, walmart, neighborhood

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.