BJ's ?

Closed Thread
Old 05-13-2022, 03:19 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,132 Times in 812 Posts
Default BJ's ?

So the ones that went today, what'a think?
Old 05-13-2022, 03:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

We were in the area for a doctor visit and thought we would drop it, what a horror show. Parking lot was mobbed, cars coming out in a steady stream and could not get out of Lowes parking area to cross 441. Will be a while before we go back.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 05-13-2022, 03:53 PM

Agree. Was very crowded. I was able to get a spot, bought a few items I needed. I tend to find BJ's will have items Sam's wont and vice versa. BJ's gives a military discount on membership so they get me to renew annually that way The "scan and go" function of the BJ's app was malfunctioning today. They said it was due to a systemic issue from too many shoppers.
Old 05-13-2022, 03:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

Walked inside - almost got run over countless times in 5 minutes by mobility scooters. Wall to wall people. Large portion of the crowd pretending like they were the only ones there. Total rudeness not by the staff but by seniors. Then I realized what the "H" am I doing - this is a superspreader event. FYI - I was not impressed by the prices I observed in the short time I was there.
Old 05-13-2022, 03:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
Walked inside - almost got run over countless times in 5 minutes by mobility scooters. Wall to wall people. Large portion of the crowd pretending like they were the only ones there. Total rudeness not by the staff but by seniors. Then I realized what the "H" am I doing - this is a superspreader event. FYI - I was not impressed by the prices I observed in the short time I was there.
No offense, but I can't imagine anyone in their right mind going there on opening day.
Old 05-13-2022, 04:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
No offense, but I can't imagine anyone in their right mind going there on opening day.
My thought exactly!
Old 05-13-2022, 04:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,045 Times in 5,336 Posts

Wife wanted to go but luckily my view prevailed for a change/
Old 05-13-2022, 04:34 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Butler View Post
BJ's gives a military discount on membership so they get me to renew annually that way
Sam's Club also has a military discount - $10 gift card on renewals.
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Old 05-13-2022, 05:21 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,247 Times in 362 Posts

I was there about 10. Crowded but not crazy. Basically the same as Sams. Higher on some stuff lower on others. Newer and better organized of course. More convenient for me because I can get there by golf cart in about 10 minutes.

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
Old 05-13-2022, 06:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

First Day!!!! For What?

I made almost $7000.00 collecting tolls at the gate. The gate motor was overheating today!
Old 05-13-2022, 06:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
My thought exactly!
It was a very dumb thing to do but I did get an education:

1 Don't go to a venue on opening day
2 Is it our generation they call the "me" generation ? If it is I understand it now.
Old 05-13-2022, 07:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,511 Times in 3,104 Posts

Quote:
I'm a leftie, so I'm always in my right mind.

As such, I went today. I went mostly for the ceremony of being there for an opening of a store. Didn't buy anything, but wanted to see how it was set up. It's exactly the way the one I used to go to up north was set up, so I'm so glad about that! There was another one a town away that was slightly different, but this was an exact duplicate.

I'll have no problem finding things in the aisles.

Having gas at a lower cost is a nice savings, considering we have two golf carts, a car, and a pickup truck to feed every month or two.

I got the coupon book they gave us when we signed up for our $25/year membership. Combined with manufacturers' coupons and the gas savings and I'll recoup that $25 expense in the first three months.

I was actually thrilled to see that they carry Poland Springs water, since that's all I used to drink up north and Staples is the only other place around here that sells it. There's a coupon for that too, so I'll end up getting a case of 40 for less per bottle than I was paying for a case of 28 in Staples. Huzzah.

That, plus shampoo/conditioner (with coupons), random Berkley & Jensen products from time to time, and (if they carry it still, I didn't check) their unscented store brand kitty litter, is really all I ever buy there anyway.

But it's a fun store to poke around in, sometimes you find things you didn't realize you wanted til you see it. And sampling - is always a good thing!

Last edited by OrangeBlossomBaby; 05-13-2022 at 07:09 PM.
Old 05-13-2022, 07:58 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,132 Times in 812 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post

Having gas at a lower cost is a nice savings, considering we have two golf carts, a car, and a pickup truck to feed every month or two.

I got the coupon book they gave us when we signed up for our $25/year membership. Combined with manufacturers' coupons and the gas savings and I'll recoup that $25 expense in the first three months.
You can save even more on gas if you get their charge card, that's how they get you.
Otherwise, without BJ's charge card, gas is cheaper at Sam's club.
Old 05-13-2022, 08:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,511 Times in 3,104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael G. View Post
You can save even more on gas if you get their charge card, that's how they get you.
I can't get gas for my golf carts at Sam's. BJ's is only 4 minutes from my house by cart or car.

Depending on traffic, Sam's is between 8-15 minutes away by car, and not accessible at all by golf cart.

I have a better deal with my own credit card, so I wouldn't get a BJ's card anyway.
Old 05-13-2022, 10:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael G. View Post
I'd rather pay 20c/gallon more for gas than wait in line at Sam's (and I assume for BJ too). SAM's is insane with people jockeying for "position" and sides of the pump. Constant horns blowing. Is waiting in line for 20+ minutes worth saving $3 or $4 or $5? For ME, NO. I'm far from financially loaded but sometimes saving a few bucks just doesn't make much sense TO ME. Of course YMMV. I just have no patience for that or any lines for that matter.
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Closed Thread

Tags
bjs, today, whata

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.