BJ's ?

Closed Thread
Old 05-13-2022, 10:30 PM
Gold member

I happen to go around 1:00. Why you ask on opening day? Because I wanted to! Got a parking spot directly in front of the main entrance next to the golf cart only parking. Yes it was quite busy in the store however I managed to accomplish what I set out to do. I found every one who I encountered to be considerate and mindful to keeping the flow of shoppers moving along. The staff were extremely helpful & pleasant. Came time to cash out and I was directed to a cashier that had no one in line. So my going to BJ’s on opening day was very satisfying!
Old 05-14-2022, 04:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
No offense, but I can't imagine anyone in their right mind going there on opening day.
We were there when BJs opened. Easy peasy in and out. We MUCH prefer Costco and will keep Sam's membership as out local warehouse due to them carrying items that BJs did not have.

Sorry, but won't be keeping BJs membership after it expires as we do not want three warehouse memberships. Two is enough. I hope BJs does well in the long run. I don't like to see any business fail. Just wish it were Costco that opened up in this location.
Old 05-14-2022, 04:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
I'd rather pay 20c/gallon more for gas than wait in line at Sam's (and I assume for BJ too). SAM's is insane with people jockeying for "position" and sides of the pump. Constant horns blowing. Is waiting in line for 20+ minutes worth saving $3 or $4 or $5? For ME, NO. I'm far from financially loaded but sometimes saving a few bucks just doesn't make much sense TO ME. Of course YMMV. I just have no patience for that or any lines for that matter.
We gas up at Sam's all the time but have never heard one horn. Admit, sometimes there is a wait but it has never been more than five minutes. I guess we go at a good time and would never wait more than five minutes for gas anyway.

Well, there was one time when a woman yelled out of her window for my husband to "learn how to drive" when he politely and safely waited for the main road to clear before he "blocked the box" to get into the parking lot. She made me laugh out loud.
Old 05-14-2022, 07:27 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,176 Times in 757 Posts

When a new store opens, I won't go there for at least a month . Opening days are worse than black Friday used to be.
Old 05-14-2022, 07:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
We gas up at Sam's all the time but have never heard one horn. Admit, sometimes there is a wait but it has never been more than five minutes. I guess we go at a good time and would never wait more than five minutes for gas anyway..
You "never waited more than 5 minutes at SAMs gas" ?????????? I find that hard to believe. If there is only ONE CAR in front it takes more than 5 minutes to put in the 2 cards, fill on a low average of maybe 8 gals gallons gas and pay. We have never been there (especially recently with high gas prices) when there are at minimum 5 or 6 cars in each of the 4 (or 6?) lines. We are usually there mid-day which might not be the best time but still. If any gas station is totally empty it has to take more than 5 minutes for the entire process. Maybe time flies when you're having fun!
"If one has no sense of humor, one is in trouble."
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 05-14-2022, 08:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,357 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
It was a very dumb thing to do but I did get an education:

1 Don't go to a venue on opening day
2 Is it our generation they call the "me" generation ? If it is I understand it now.
Did you get a free mug?
Old 05-14-2022, 08:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,026 Times in 5,325 Posts

Quote:
You "never waited more than 5 minutes at SAMs gas" ?????????? I find that hard to believe. If there is only ONE CAR in front it takes more than 5 minutes to put in the 2 cards, fill on a low average of maybe 8 gals gallons gas and pay. We have never been there (especially recently with high gas prices) when there are at minimum 5 or 6 cars in each of the 4 (or 6?) lines. We are usually there mid-day which might not be the best time but still. If any gas station is totally empty it has to take more than 5 minutes for the entire process. Maybe time flies when you're having fun!
Agree wait is usually more than 5 at least 10 minutes
Old 05-14-2022, 08:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

So, after reading through this thread, it is really all good. Good for Lady Lake to have the taxes, good for people to have more options to shop, good for Lowes will bring more people into their area, all good.

Now all we need is for Costco's to get their act together and find a piece of land and build their store, although they are leaving it a bit late!

Personally, I have been very surprised that their management has missed the boat on TV.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 05-14-2022, 09:07 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 557 Posts

I sure wish it were a Costco instead, but even then - I wouldn't fight the mobs on the first day. lol
Old 05-14-2022, 09:44 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,131 Times in 811 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFlorida View Post
When a new store opens, I won't go there for at least a month . Opening days are worse than black Friday used to be.
Good thing we still live in a country were we can make choices.

I agree with you, BUT if other people decide to go there on opening day, that's their decision and their decision only.

Image if one of our golf courses would offer free golf for one day, would you go then??
Old 05-14-2022, 09:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael G. View Post
Good thing we still live in a country were we can make choices.

I agree with you, BUT if other people decide to go there on opening day, that's their decision and their decision only.

Image if one of our golf courses would offer free golf for one day, would you go then??

"Image if one of our golf courses would offer free golf for one day, would you go then??"

You mean like Christmas Day at the Champ courses here? No!
Old 05-14-2022, 09:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 820 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
"Image if one of our golf courses would offer free golf for one day, would you go then??"

You mean like Christmas Day at the Champ courses here? No!
Here comes the carnage speeches.
Old 05-14-2022, 09:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
Here comes the carnage speeches.
So true!
Old 05-14-2022, 12:14 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Usually only one car in each lane when I get gas at Sams, about 30 minutes before they close, plus nobody in the store either
Old 05-14-2022, 12:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,026 Times in 5,325 Posts

Went to BJ this morning.

Took a few minutes to convert our membership to a card. Store was crowded but people well behaved.

Store well layed out and obviously everything very fresh.

Employees very helpful especially in the deli.

We will continue going back and forth to Sams and BJ.
Closed Thread

Tags
bjs, today, whata

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.