BJs wholesale clib

Closed Thread
Old 07-22-2021, 01:02 PM
Default BJs wholesale clib

Any news on the BJs that was to be built on 27 in the Villages?
Old 07-22-2021, 01:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Under construction......Don Wiley included the progress in his latest drone video along with other progress updates throughout The Villages. Look for Goldwingnut on YouTube.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 07-22-2021, 03:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,020 Times in 5,321 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Under construction......Don Wiley included the progress in his latest drone video along with other progress updates throughout The Villages. Look for Goldwingnut on YouTube.
Not very far along
Old 07-22-2021, 10:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

There is a substantial amount of underground utility work that has been started. It looks like it's going to be a real beauty when they are done.

BJ'S is a great store. It blows Sams and Costco off the map. It's really gonna beat up Sam's. They deserve the beating.
Old 07-22-2021, 11:08 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

I would love a BJs but I heard they were not coming. The lot next to Lowe’s where we though they were going is a residential development. Is there a different location mentioned.
Old 07-23-2021, 06:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

BJ's is great but all of these buying clubs have different size stores with great selection depending on the location. The Sam's Club in The Villages is tiny compared to those located near large metropolitan areas.

I'm hoping the BJ's is a larger store but I wouldn't be surprised to see smaller store here.

The fact that The Villages is located so far from a major highway is one of the reason's that companies build smaller stores here.

The Villages is larger than Leesburg, Fruitland Park, Summerfield, Bellevue and Ocala combined, but the Sam's Club in Ocala is much larger than the one in Lady Lake. The reason is that the Ocala store is two minuted from I-75 which means that it is accessible to far more people.

I find the 441-27 location a bit strange for BJ's. 466A would be a more central location and with a bit of forward thinking route 44 will eventually be the center of The Villages and the area to the south is much closer to both I-75 and the turnpike than the northern area.

But I'm sure that BJ's corporate offices did all of the demographic studies and determined 441-17 to be a good location.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.

Last edited by Dr Winston O Boogie jr; 07-23-2021 at 06:37 AM.
Old 07-23-2021, 06:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,245 Times in 4,280 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
There is a substantial amount of underground utility work that has been started. It looks like it's going to be a real beauty when they are done.

BJ'S is a great store. It blows Sams and Costco off the map. It's really gonna beat up Sam's. They deserve the beating.
Funny, the BJs near me is awful and the Costco and Sam's Club are far superior...

I've no problem with the Sam's in TV, either...

I guess that's why there's chocolate and vanilla ice cream... Everyone has different tastes...

-Tom Petty
Old 07-23-2021, 08:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,020 Times in 5,321 Posts

We like the BJ deli counter for the few times we have been there and plan to join BJ in addition to the Sams membership we have had for many years.

Find Sams to be larger than the one we belonged to in Va.
Old 07-23-2021, 12:17 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Funny, the BJs near me is awful and the Costco and Sam's Club are far superior...

I've no problem with the Sam's in TV, either...

I guess that's why there's chocolate and vanilla ice cream... Everyone has different tastes...
Agreed. Every BJ's I've been to rates a distant 3rd behind Costco and Sams. They try to build membership by handing out free 90-day passes. Not worth it even then IMHO.
Old 07-23-2021, 12:31 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,307 Times in 541 Posts

The one BJ’S that we went with friends didn’t impress me. It was near Ft. Lauderdale. Sam’s club in Illinois and TV is cleaner and better IMHO. That said, perhaps they are building bigger and better today.
Old 07-23-2021, 03:59 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,511 Times in 710 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garywt View Post
I would love a BJs but I heard they were not coming. The lot next to Lowe’s where we though they were going is a residential development. Is there a different location mentioned.
All the active permits are still for BJs. I wouldn’t listen to the people at Sam’s Club, they may have a hidden agenda.
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 07-23-2021, 06:08 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
All the active permits are still for BJs. I wouldn’t listen to the people at Sam’s Club, they may have a hidden agenda.
I hope I am wrong as we love BJs but last time I drove by in the golf cart all the signs were for a housing development. I never go to Sams Club.
Old 07-24-2021, 09:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post

We've shopped at BJ's for decades, love their meat selection/department. Costco quantities were too large for us, BJ's is just right. Never have been to a Sam's Club

Looking forward to this new BJ's location, presently we travel down to the one in Clermont
Closed Thread

Tags
bjs, wholesale, clib, news, built

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.