Black Bear

Closed Thread
Old 05-31-2019, 11:46 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post

I love the way they look all day and sometimes the next day as well. Especially when laying on there side at the curb.
I have to agree with you on this. I have also seen them in the middle of the road on a windy day with the cover blown into a neighbors yard.
Old 05-31-2019, 01:33 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,299 Times in 536 Posts

The Bear has been sighted in Sanibel, Charlotte, Hemingway, and Pine Ridge. So he/she is on the move and for one I don’t plan to get close enough to find out the sex. There are photos and videos of this Bear unlike a supposed sighting of one in Winfred several years ago. Let’s hope he doesn’t injure someone or doesn’t get hurt before he returns to his home or is transported by a trapper to a safe place outside of The Villages.
Old 05-31-2019, 04:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

It's bear mating season and mom told JR time to go, so go find your way so that I can get to business
Unfortunately he or she made it here
Old 05-31-2019, 04:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Cowgirl View Post
Those tasty snacks definitely have something to do with it!
I will never understand why residents put garbage in the trash when a garbage disposal is equipped in every single home in TV.

And I won't mention that these thousands of plastic bags twice a week in the landfill don't disintegrate. NO, I won't mention it!

Let's poison the environment and let it be the next generation's problem. And the next generation, and the next generation, and the . . . . . . .
You must know that there are quite a few thing you can’t safely put in the garbage disposal. Unless you plan on replacing it every few days
It can handle only small bones, like chicken bones
Any kind of grease wil clog it up
Some very small things, like rice will just rattle around and clog up the works
Really shouldn’t por hot liquids into it
Etc,etc
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 05-31-2019, 04:35 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,232 Times in 419 Posts

I put as little as possible down my garbage disposal. Don't like the thought of pipes clogging and roto rooter.
Old 05-31-2019, 04:44 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
I put as little as possible down my garbage disposal. Don't like the thought of pipes clogging and roto rooter.
I don't have one.
Steve
Old 05-31-2019, 05:01 PM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothersteve View Post
I don't have one.
Steve
I don’t either
Old 05-31-2019, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
The Bear has been sighted in Sanibel, Charlotte, Hemingway, and Pine Ridge. So he/she is on the move and for one I don’t plan to get close enough to find out the sex. There are photos and videos of this Bear unlike a supposed sighting of one in Winfred several years ago. Let’s hope he doesn’t injure someone or doesn’t get hurt before he returns to his home or is transported by a trapper to a safe place outside of The Villages.
Probably looking for AC or pool.
Old 05-31-2019, 05:34 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I have had a garbage disposal for 30 + years and rarely had a problem and never one that required a plumber. If you use it properly and per the instructions you will have few problems. Don’t put corn husk in. Lol
Old 05-31-2019, 07:47 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aninjamom View Post
Actually, I was surprised at the way TV collects garbage; in many "upscale" communities in FL, you are required to have a specified garbage can in the "community color" that is designed so that a truck can just pick it up and dump it mechanically.
Time for TV to get a little class.
It would also make life a little harder for the critters like rats, coyotes, raccoons, possums and bears to get to the trash. Not to mention the neighbors that let their dogs check out and pee on the bags.
Oh yeah, I so wish TV would get with the program & give us some of those fancy, special, upscale garbage cans. The ones that some folks leave at the curb practically all the time, while others leave them out on the driveway in front of the garage, and then some think they look great parked on the grass next to the broken down car. They really add a lot to the appearance of a neighborhood and would most definitely lend an upscale feel to TV. SMH

east central Illinois, St. Louis, Baton Rouge, Houston, Atlanta, Birmingham, AL
Old 05-31-2019, 07:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrjojo View Post
I have had a garbage disposal for 30 + years and rarely had a problem and never one that required a plumber. If you use it properly and per the instructions you will have few problems. Don’t put corn husk in. Lol
Same here, they're not that complicated (or expensive)...to install.

It can be a pain replacing one by yourself though, particularly if it's a larger one and you're holding it with one hand...while 'turning & locking it' with a large screwdriver in the other hand.
Old 05-31-2019, 08:05 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
When was the last time anyone saw torn up bags scattered around due to critters?

We have seen alligators, cayotes, possum, rodents, squirrels (in the hundreds), snakes...etc.....

15 years and not a torn bag or trash critter intervention!!!

Yes we have invaded their habitat.....for the past 20+ years and continue to do so.
I have had 2 in the past month. I think it was probably done by a dog or coyote but I have no idea
Old 05-31-2019, 08:11 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Cowgirl View Post
Those tasty snacks definitely have something to do with it!
I will never understand why residents put garbage in the trash when a garbage disposal is equipped in every single home in TV.

Can't really put thinks like bones, fat etc etc down the garbage disposal unless you have one like Tim the Toolman Taylor put in

Tim Allen and Trash slasher - VideoRuclip
Old 05-31-2019, 08:33 PM
TOTV Moderator

This thread has strayed far from the topic. It is now closed. If you wish to start a thread about garbage disposals or trash bags/containers, feel free to do so.

Closed Thread

Tags
bear, black, place, roadway, life

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.