Blue light to show support of police everywhere

Closed Thread
Old 01-08-2015, 07:01 PM
Default Blue light to show support of police everywhere

A little while ago, I read about putting a blue bulb in our post lights to show support for the men and women in blue. Does anyone out there know about when this starts and when it finishes; hopefully not already finished. With the events of these past few months, they need every form of support we can demonstrate. I hope this takes off like the yellow ribbons of days gone by.
Old 01-08-2015, 08:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Plan to locate a blue bulb tomorrow.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think I read on the online news source that there will be a gathering in support of all law enforcement everywhere at Lake Sumter Landing town square on January 21....but I don't know what time.
Old 01-08-2015, 09:30 PM

The organization "Concerns of Police Survivors ( C.O.P.S.)" and many law enforcement organizations have designated Friday, Jan 9th as Law Enforcement Appreceation Day, a day to show support for the police officers around the nation. One of the things they ask is for supporters to participate in Project Blue Light. Project blue light is a grass root type of thing where police supporters place a blue light in a window or replace their porch light with a blue one in honer of officers fallen in the line of duty. As a side note. In 1962 JFK signed a proclamation that March 15th and the following week were to be declared Peace Officers Memorial Day and the week.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.