Boats in car port

Closed Thread
Old 03-08-2008, 03:04 PM
Default Boats in car port

What is the rules about parking your bass boat in your carport? It will be used 2 or3 times a week or more.
Old 03-08-2008, 08:01 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Re: Boats in car port

there is a secured area to park boats and RV'S
Old 03-08-2008, 09:54 PM

I know there is outside storage, but I would hope the it would OK to keep your Bass Boat in your carport, especially if used several times a week, because you must charge your bateries and things like that, it would be very inconvenient to have to store my boat in another location, besides sometimes I like to just play around with my boat, and fishing gear.
Old 03-10-2008, 12:05 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUC
I know there is outside storage, but I would hope the it would OK to keep your Bass Boat in your carport, especially if used several times a week, because you must charge your bateries and things like that, it would be very inconvenient to have to store my boat in another location, besides sometimes I like to just play around with my boat, and fishing gear.
Buc maybe you may need to purchase an extension cord, albeit .7 mile long. And gee I'm sure glad I never sit in my boat for hours in the garage and play with tackle. How boring would that be? At least not until the 1st bass tournament in 2 weeks. :hot: 040 crap
Old 03-13-2008, 05:06 PM
Veteran member

This would depend on the covenants and restrictions for the area of The Villages where you reside. Since The Villages are in three counties and the Villages were built over different time periods I would suspect the restrictions are not uniform. This is just a guess on my part. This got me curious and I looked over my document " Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions for The Villages of Sumter Holly Hills Villas" , an 8 page document that I signed. The article (on page 7) on parking restrictions for my area states " No owner of a Homesite shall park, store, or keep any vehicle except wholly within his driveway or garage. No trucks in excess of 3/4 ton, camper, boat, trailer or aircraft, or any vehicle other than a private non-commercial vehicle may be parked in a parking space except a boat may be kept in the garage with the garage door closed."

This is in the newer area of The Villages. In the Historic areas where there are carports boats may be allowable. It might take a little investigation to see what the covenants are in the different areas.
Old 03-13-2008, 05:12 PM

Thank you, Dicky, I hope to going fishing with one day.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:53 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I noticed someone had a boat in their carport this morning, so I stopped and talked to him. He said it was okay so long as it was not visible from the street. To make sure it wasn't, he had the white screen (almost opaque) around the carport with the white sliding screen door on the front. He did say to make sure your carport was long enough to hold all of the boat so you could do this. He's had no problems since he put the white screen around it (big issues with the regular screening previously, though). Just thought you'd like to know.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 03-20-2008, 12:08 PM

Thank you, that's really nice of you to take the time.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:03 PM

The nature of boats and their usage means that they need regular cleaning and detailing,.I have read some important points about this in this forum it is valuable information.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacbrrownn View Post
The nature of boats and their usage means that they need regular cleaning and detailing,.I have read some important points about this in this forum it is valuable information.
This thread from 2008 had to do with rules for parking a boat in a carport. Cleaning of boats might warrant its own thread.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:27 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Is there such a restriction of small boats under a carport ? Is it for certain villages and not others? A week ago we were in the villages for a week house hunting and seen at least 5 bass boats under a carport. The village we put an offer on a house of course do not have carports.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
Is there such a restriction of small boats under a carport ? Is it for certain villages and not others? A week ago we were in the villages for a week house hunting and seen at least 5 bass boats under a carport. The village we put an offer on a house of course do not have carports.
Its no different today...........4 years later!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.