Boats and The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 04-08-2011, 02:00 PM
Default Boats and The Villages

Question: Do many, if any, people own boats in TV. If they do where do you used them, store them, dock them?

We have one at our up north house (power boat - pontoon) and are thinking of bringing down here.

Thanks for any info.

aj
Old 04-09-2011, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajdeck View Post
Question: Do many, if any, people own boats in TV. If they do where do you used them, store them, dock them?

We have one at our up north house (power boat - pontoon) and are thinking of bringing down here.

Thanks for any info.

aj
Obviously I'm not at TV, but here a link to a TOTV section that may help - https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...t=boat+storage

I've seen an RV and boat storage area on 466 when entering TV from 301.

I know there are a number of large lakes within 15-20 miles East of TV that I'm sure have marinas. Some may have in-water slips.

Here is a link to TV Fresh Water Fishing Club - http://www.freshwaterfishingclub.com. I'm sure a number of them have boats. I'm sure there are a lot of boat owners in TV. Just don't know about pontoon boats though.

Good luck with your decision. If it were me, I'd sale it and not go through the hassle of hauling it. That's a long drive with a pontoon boat behind you! Plus, once you get to TV, you may find you'll get involved with so many other interests, the boat could become a chore rather than a pleasure. I had a powerboat in MD that we paid to have hauled to Alabama. I should have sold it in MD!! Not many people in Alabama interested in a 28-footer (mostly fishing and pontoon boats). It became my nightmare as we got more and more away from boating. I don't know the population of pontoon boats on the larger lakes around TV, but if you get it down there and decide to sale it, like me you might find there isn't much of a market! Just my "2-cents"!!

Hopefully a Villager will give you first-hand information to help you make a more informed decision.
Old 04-09-2011, 12:07 PM
Veteran member

I live in The Villages. The most popular place to store boats, RV's, etc is just outside Villages property on 466 by Wal-Mart.

However, the previous poster was right in saying it is a long way to haul a pontoon boat.

There is a marina in Leesburg, though, on the Dead River. I imagine you could keep it there. Probably cheaper to rent a boat instead of having one of your own.
Old 04-09-2011, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
I live in The Villages. The most popular place to store boats, RV's, etc is just outside Villages property on 466 by Wal-Mart.

However, the previous poster was right in saying it is a long way to haul a pontoon boat.

There is a marina in Leesburg, though, on the Dead River. I imagine you could keep it there. Probably cheaper to rent a boat instead of having one of your own.

That's what I'm thinking is just rent and forget the problems and storage issue.

Thanks guys,
aj
Old 04-09-2011, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajdeck View Post
That's what I'm thinking is just rent and forget the problems and storage issue.

Thanks guys,
aj
Right on! Plus you're saving on insurance and gas (which is always higher at marinas). And, did I mention WORK! Wiping, cob webs, mold, etc. I plan to work less, golf and fish more!
Old 04-09-2011, 01:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts
Default Remember the boaters most pleasant days....

the day one buys the boat......the day one sells the boat.
A hole in the water that one pours money into.
Unfortunately I do not remember when I never owned a boat. When I am on it the perspective is totally different and I guess that is why I still own one.
Next to having a cigar and a glass of wine at GarVino's having a cigar and a beer on the boat is a tie for first place!!!

btk
Old 04-09-2011, 01:50 PM

I decided to leave two boats in NY ... plan to sell them there ... and rent one here when the urge to be on the water is overpowering ...
Old 04-09-2011, 07:01 PM

I will have to check out the fishing club. I can't imagine not having the boat there when we make the decision to buy in TV.

Love to fish and be on the water.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:10 PM
Location: Village of Marsh Bend, The Villages, FL; Oakland, CA; Boston, MA.

Maybe you should talk to The Villages Florida F16 1UB a TOTV member who brought his Bass Boat with him when he moved to TV. I'm sure he'd be happy to discuss boats and fishing with you.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkpup View Post
Maybe you should talk to The Villages Florida F16 1UB a TOTV member who brought his Bass Boat with him when he moved to TV. I'm sure he'd be happy to discuss boats and fishing with you.
Will do that, thanks.......
Old 10-14-2012, 06:38 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Does anyone knows who owns and controls the Open Rv and vehicle storage located at the intersection of 466 and 301? We happened to notice it on our way out from the villages
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.