Happy For Chitty Chatty, Sad For Fenney, McClure, Desoto and Marsh Bend

Closed Thread
Old 03-06-2020, 07:06 AM
Default Happy For Chitty Chatty, Sad For Fenney, McClure, Desoto and Marsh Bend

Unbelievable to discover that the newest area Chitty Chatty, will have bridge access to Brownwood, a grocery store, banking and a drug store, all by golf cart, before those who bought a house in Fenney three years ago. The Morse Family has provided no definite time table when the rusting bridge over the turnpike will be installed or weed grown Magnolia Plaza will start development. Sad, very sad.
Old 03-06-2020, 07:22 AM

Don Wiley theorizes the expanded lane on the Warm Springs bridge crossing the Turnpike might be our answer to connectivity, cart access to the Chitty Chatty area?
Old 03-06-2020, 08:38 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,655 Times in 938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwick2112@yahoo.com View Post
Unbelievable to discover that the newest area Chitty Chatty, will have bridge access to Brownwood, a grocery store, banking and a drug store, all by golf cart, before those who bought a house in Fenney three years ago. The Morse Family has provided no definite time table when the rusting bridge over the turnpike will be installed or weed grown Magnolia Plaza will start development. Sad, very sad.
Not really a surprise, right. I mean, it seems that crossing 44 would be easier and quicker than crossing the turnpike. Therefore, it is logical to believe going in that these bridges would come first.
Old 03-06-2020, 08:46 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,323 Times in 1,439 Posts

If you can afford it you should subscribe to the Daily Sun for updates on the bridges. keep in mind it's 7 miles from the center of Chitty Chatty to the center of Paddock Square via golf car, not a quick ride by any means. Don't feel sad about those of us in Fenney. Quite a few of us are not in any hurry to have the bridges opened and are quite happy living in a peaceful and quiet village. From our home to Publix at Lake Deaton is less than 10 minutes by car, in a golf car to get to Magnolia when it opens will also be 10 minutes, I'll choose driving in the car with the air on as I don't plan on buying or storing a huge cooler for refrigerated or frozen items to be transported in my golf car. Once all of the bridges are open it will be a long golf car ride from the village of Fenney to Paddock Square and again, I'll stick with my car and get there in less than 10 minutes. Not sad, not very sad, not sad at all.
Old 03-06-2020, 10:03 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

Quote:
You need to read the newspaper and some of the other posts concerning this topic. The bridge over the turnpike is on hold waiting for state approval.
I couldn't care less if there is a bridge or not, that is one factor that didn't enter into our decision to buy in McClure. Do you live in this area? Have you even been in this area to see how far it is from Brownwood or the other squares? I have no desire to spend 30 minutes or more in a golf cart to get a gallon of milk or a loaf of bread. What is sad is the constant stirring of the pot by people that don't even live here.
Old 03-06-2020, 10:28 AM
Sage

Quote:
Please read this attachment - taken from the Feb. 28, 2020 Daily Sun.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Connectivity 2020-02-28.pdf (725.8 KB, 963 views)
Old 03-06-2020, 10:38 AM
Veteran member

Good...glad to hear you will be driving your car and not on a golf cart. With the migratory crowd here now we have plenty of golf carts on the North side of 44.
Old 03-06-2020, 10:45 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
The bridge was designed to look rusted, SAD, you must not have any outside contact to know what’s going on. You seem to one of less than 10 that are so unhappy. Where is your home in the new area. Besides did you see the premium on the lots in chitty chatty.
Old 03-06-2020, 11:17 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,323 Times in 1,439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeForChange View Post
Good...glad to hear you will be driving your car and not on a golf cart. With the migratory crowd here now we have plenty of golf carts on the North side of 44.
Please keep them up there.
Old 03-06-2020, 11:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,499 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
I went to art class and when I returned the post I posted on this thread was gone, that said you should keep up with the man I linked who posts video's of drone flyovers of the amazing and prolific recent progress. He is not affiliated with the developer but he is an excellent visual historian of things here in The Villages.

His screen name is Goldwingnut.
Old 03-06-2020, 09:58 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,211 Times in 350 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 GI View Post
You need to read the newspaper and some of the other posts concerning this topic. The bridge over the turnpike is on hold waiting for state approval.
I couldn't care less if there is a bridge or not, that is one factor that didn't enter into our decision to buy in McClure. Do you live in this area? Have you even been in this area to see how far it is from Brownwood or the other squares? I have no desire to spend 30 minutes or more in a golf cart to get a gallon of milk or a loaf of bread. What is sad is the constant stirring of the pot by people that don't even live here.
I think you've hit the nail on the head. I think most people aren't stressing about connectivity. I think a few people stir the pot. "Squeaky wheel."
Old 03-07-2020, 06:40 AM

This is NOT The Villages first envisioned by Harold and Gary. It's become all about slapping up and selling houses as quickly as possible and getting the county commissioners to fall in line and have the county residents pay for most of the infrastruture normally paid for by a developer. Remember that come election time this year.
Old 03-07-2020, 06:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,348 Times in 2,389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboat View Post
This is NOT The Villages first envisioned by Harold and Gary. It's become all about slapping up and selling houses as quickly as possible and getting the county commissioners to fall in line and have the county residents pay for most of the infrastruture normally paid for by a developer. Remember that come election time this year.
The new time seems to have passed you by.
BTW which Village do you live in?

Last edited by Bogie Shooter; 03-07-2020 at 07:05 AM.
Old 03-07-2020, 07:01 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,655 Times in 938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboat View Post
Living in the past is not good.
Old 03-07-2020, 07:28 AM
Michael Charles

Quote:
The Morse Family has provided no definite time table when the rusting bridge over the turnpike will be installed or weed grown Magnolia Plaza will start development. Sad, very sad.
NEWS FLASH! This just in! At the weed grown Magnolia plaza. We drove passed it around 6:30 p.m. last evening, there is a porta-potty on the lot! Now that's a major development!
Closed Thread

Tags
sad, bridge, store, fenney, chatty

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.