Bored?

Closed Thread
Old 03-19-2020, 04:20 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!
Default Bored?

Quarantined? Or just cooped up more than usual? Wanna occupy your time crafting? Didja ever make pinecone ornaments? Well here's a couple of websites to get you on your way to decorating styrofoam eggs for any holiday of the year! Use your imagination when it comes to picking out a covering from ribbon to fabric to quilted fabric! They can make a cute addition to any Grand's Easter basket or a swap at a Christmas ornament gathering or a holiday dust catcher in any room of your home!

Use Ribbon to Make Pretty Pinecone Ornaments - Matt and Shari

Ribbon Pinecone Ornament - Reese Dixon

I'd bet materials can be ordered online and delivered if you're not leaving the house!

Old 03-19-2020, 04:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Not Bored yet but I'm keep this in mind. I've taken up praying for the time being. Not for me particularly but that the world learns a lesson and Slows Down a Bit!
Old 03-19-2020, 05:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,513 Times in 3,106 Posts

Not bored at all. I'm cooking more and even bought some yeast to make a few loaves of bread next week (by hand, with a wooden spoon, I don't own a mixer or a bread machine).

Gardening more.
Shooting at the archery range.
Also working part time at a supermarket - thank you to all my customers, who have been pretty understanding for the most part, all things considered!

Playing ArmageddonMUD a couple hours every night, watching Survivor on Wednesdays (I'm not much of a TV person other than that), visiting Facebook, Twitter, this forum, City-Data, Discord - I've been pretty active in the online world for over 2 decades, so being at home keeping busy without staring at the boob tube is nothing new to me.

I also downloaded a couple more books from Google Play, which is a nice way to spend an hour on the lanai in the morning, while I enjoy my cappuchino and watch the birds come visit for a snack in the grass.
Old 03-21-2020, 08:52 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

After enjoying home take a walk around the neighborhood. Stay healthy!
Old 03-21-2020, 09:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Out walking in the warm sunshine in itself raises one's spirits.

Cooped in the house with the 24/7 mainstream mania is a major downer.
Old 03-21-2020, 09:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,513 Times in 3,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Out walking in the warm sunshine in itself raises one's spirits.

Cooped in the house with the 24/7 mainstream mania is a major downer.
You don't have to put up with mainstream mania 24/7, even if you're cooped up in the house.

You can use your computer** to get free movies legally with IMDB TV. No special Roku device or cable subscriptions necessary - all you need is a computer with speakers (or ear buds, or a headset).

**or tablet, laptop, or any other device that allows you to download movies - but obviously the bigger the screen the better
Old 03-21-2020, 11:36 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

I'm not bored, I really haven't changed my routine much at all. I keep busy working outside in the mornings and inside when it get's hot. I did get a haircut on Monday and had her buzz it as it will probably be my last until this is over, we usually would go out to eat once per week at this time of the year and will convert that to carryout or delivery, we had a good supply of TP so not worried about not being able to buy any, we always have enough food to last 2 weeks and we will probably order more take out to make that last another week. When I make burgers on the grill I make an extra 9 or 10 of them cooked medium rare and flash freeze them, if we want them, 1 minute in the micro gives great tasting burgers without making the mess, also brown and freeze ground beef to use later in pasta sauce and/or sloppy joes. So, if I add it all up I don't think I'll need to go to a large store for several weeks, milk, eggs, and bread we can pickup at one of the dollar stores or convenient stores. I don't mind staying around the house.
Old 03-21-2020, 01:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Hal W Kangas - πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Old 03-21-2020, 01:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,931 Times in 2,454 Posts

Down in back, can’t really do much anyway. Today I felt better and changed the oil golf cart, done safety inspection, lub, and cleanup, Took all of hour. Repotted some of my pepper plants. Took less than hour. While I had the golf cart in garage I cleaned it out also. Feel good enough now to go for 3 mile walk. What the heck am I going to do tomorrow?????
Old 03-21-2020, 01:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
.......... milk, eggs, and bread we can pickup at one of the dollar stores or convenient stores. I don't mind staying around the house.
Dollar stores sell eggs?

Tags
holiday, make, fabric, gathering, ornament

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.