Bond

Bond

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Bond
Old 02-07-2019, 09:17 AM

Default Bond

How do I find out the balance of my Bond?

Old 02-07-2019, 09:25 AM
Platinum member

Go to districtgov.org, click on residential bond assessment information, click on amortization schedules, click on your county, district, etc. It will show the entire amortization schedule for your bond, assuming that you have not paid it off.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2019, 10:00 AM

Thank You!
Old 02-07-2019, 01:25 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozaville View Post
Bond Amortization Schedules
Old 02-07-2019, 05:30 PM
Gold member

Be sure to check the interest rate. It varies depending on when the home was built. Mine was a whopping 6.125%.
Old 02-07-2019, 07:24 PM

PS - as a buyer, I ALWAYS add the bond to the asking price of the house when comparing homes for sale. I believe (its just how I do it) that the bond amount should ALWAYS BE CLEARLY STATED in homes for sale. It is in fact, part of the capital amount you are or may be financing (directly or indirectly).
Old 02-07-2019, 07:38 PM
Gold member

Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom C View Post
PS - as a buyer, I ALWAYS add the bond to the asking price of the house when comparing homes for sale. I believe (its just how I do it) that the bond amount should ALWAYS BE CLEARLY STATED in homes for sale. It is in fact, part of the capital amount you are or may be financing (directly or indirectly).
It is my belief that the bond amount is not included in bank financing calculations and not included in an appraisal value. I base this on my experience financing my Village home purchase in 2014.
Old 02-07-2019, 09:15 PM

2-plane,

You are absolutely correct. However, you are paying for both, at an interest rate (some here have said they are paying in excess of 6% on their bond!). You ARE paying different parties, but you are still paying for both.

I am saying that to compare the overall costs, I add the bond to the asking price when looking at or comparing homes that are on the market.
Pay it off!
Old 02-07-2019, 09:54 PM

Default Pay it off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozaville View Post
Just take a look at how much interest is being charged on the bond and how front loaded it is. I bought 9 years ago with the intent of not moving from my house and paid off the bond immediately. After 8.5 years I am saving tons of money now. Of course if you have plans on moving to another house within 8 years or so from purchase most choose not to pay it off. The realtors are apparently trained to tell everyone to NOT pay it off but I consider that pretty bad advise. Even if selling within 8 years, houses with bond PAID are much more attractive than still having a bond that is almost the same as it started out. Either way, you have to factor in that the bond is part of what you are paying for the house.
Old 02-07-2019, 11:21 PM
Sage

Location: NJ, NY, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NM, CA and ID, not necessarily in that order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageswimmer View Post
Be sure to check the interest rate. It varies depending on when the home was built. Mine was a whopping 6.125%.
And as I understand it the interest on the bond is not tax deductible as mortgage interest usually is for most folks most of the time.

Tags
bond, balance, find