Fishing in TV

Closed Thread
Old 03-20-2011, 08:07 AM
Default Fishing in TV

What kinds of fish are in the ponds south of 466? what size hooks do you use? What is the bait of choice? What time of day have you been most successful? Do you need a fishing license if you are over age 65?
Old 03-20-2011, 11:37 AM
Gold member

Do a search for fishing heron TOTV. I asked these questions awhile ago and BillandBrillo sent me a great link. All I remember is that it is catch and release and Hubby does not do catch and release so I promptly forgot everything the link said. LOL
Old 03-20-2011, 11:39 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatever View Post
What kinds of fish are in the ponds south of 466? what size hooks do you use? What is the bait of choice? What time of day have you been most successful? Do you need a fishing license if you are over age 65?
You need a really big hook for the gators.
Old 03-20-2011, 12:53 PM

where to go for catch and keep?
Old 03-20-2011, 05:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by whartonjelly View Post
where to go for catch and keep?
Salt water. Thinking of getting into fishing again myself. I like to eat what I catch. Fresh water around here is appealing because you can drive up in your cart and make a few casts. Sounds relaxing and I wouldn't want to eat any of the fish in these lakes anyway. You got a longer drive to salt water though.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:13 PM

Lake Miona has a nice dock for fishing from shore. If you are over 65 you do not need a license. Try contacting the guys from the freshwater fishing club I am pretty sure they are having a tournament on this Wednesday.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:39 AM
Sage

I believe it is Florida residents 65 and over do not need hunting or fishing licenses.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 03-21-2011, 12:01 PM
Platinum member
Default Non-residents need license regardless of age

Please check FRESHWATERFISHINGCLUB.COM or go to the highlited site below for fishing locations. Should be fun this week at the bass tournament located within TV that's golf cart accessable. Yes this tournament will be for bank fisherman, artificial baits, and catch & release. Look for results in Thursdays paper.

http://freshwaterfishingclub.com/The_Villages.htm
Old 03-21-2011, 02:08 PM

Thanks, thats good info, because I look at all these ponds and lakes in The Villages adjoining golf courses and wonder, could I sneak over there and fish in them, is it legal to do that?
Old 03-21-2011, 02:37 PM
Gold member

Catch and keep..that is the way to go. LOL My dear Uncle left hubby all of his salt water fishing gear and it has been of no use to us here in the mountains of New Mexico...we are looking forward to using them when we get down there. Hubs is now talking about a fishing boat; of course he is also talking about a really cool golf cart, a motorcycle, etc. Men and their toys. In my opinion, if his worst trait is liking the toys, I am a lucky woman.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:55 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by F16 1UB View Post
Please check FRESHWATERFISHINGCLUB.COM or go to the highlited site below for fishing locations. Should be fun this week at the bass tournament located within TV that's golf cart accessable. Yes this tournament will be for bank fisherman, artificial baits, and catch & release. Look for results in Thursdays paper.

http://freshwaterfishingclub.com/The_Villages.htm
Steve

Are you going to defend your title from last year? Did you happen to get over to Tavares event? Good luck.

John
Old 03-21-2011, 03:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladydoc View Post
Catch and keep..that is the way to go. LOL My dear Uncle left hubby all of his salt water fishing gear and it has been of no use to us here in the mountains of New Mexico...we are looking forward to using them when we get down there. Hubs is now talking about a fishing boat; of course he is also talking about a really cool golf cart, a motorcycle, etc. Men and their toys. In my opinion, if his worst trait is liking the toys, I am a lucky woman.
My father always said, "the difference between men and boys is the price of their toys"
Old 03-22-2011, 08:31 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwind View Post
Steve

Are you going to defend your title from last year? Did you happen to get over to Tavares event? Good luck.

John

I'm a weigh-master. No castin & windin for me this time. Just gotta make sure what the anglers catch meet the requirements, is documented, then swims away.

The only reason I won last year was because of the lack of competition. All 2 of us. My chances were pretty good on winning. As of Sunday we had almost 80 anglers.

And yes I did see the professional guys at Tavares. Shaw Grigsby, the winner, could hardly contain himself. I asked him if he'd won and he held his arms low while sitting in the boat flashing 2 thumbs up. It was a giveaway when his wife came and gave him a kiss prior to going on stage. Should be on tv in a week or so. He received 101K.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:23 PM
Sage

that's probably what it costs to buy one of those 275 HP outboard motors those guys use.

(I saw a Coast Guard launch being pulled down I-10 near Pensacola last year with twin 275's ! !)

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 03-22-2011, 08:49 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinca View Post
that's probably what it costs to buy one of those 275 HP outboard motors those guys use.

(I saw a Coast Guard launch being pulled down I-10 near Pensacola last year with twin 275's ! !)

Mercury Verado 275 hp $21,195 prop not included. Helluva deal huh!?!?!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.