Bond Amount - Village of Sanibel

Closed Thread
Old 05-07-2011, 09:36 AM
Default Bond Amount - Village of Sanibel

Anyone know how much the bond amount is in the designer unit opened earlier this week in Village of Sanibel?
Old 05-07-2011, 03:21 PM
Veteran member

In the past, the bond amount on a designer has been around 20K.
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Old 05-07-2011, 03:31 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by logdog View Post
In the past, the bond amount on a designer has been around 20K.
Can't say for sure but I think that it's a little higher now. IIRC our designer home was originally $22K in 2007 or 08. The OP will probably have to ask sales what it is currently to be sure.
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 05-07-2011, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Ivy View Post
Anyone know how much the bond amount is in the designer unit opened earlier this week in Village of Sanibel?
Our designer was $25,000, so the prices on designers must vary from village to village
.Our home was built in 2006 on a large corner lot, having 2600 sq. ft living space.Don't know if size makes a different, guess i need to ask the females about that!!!
Old 05-07-2011, 06:52 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentucky blue View Post
Our designer was $25,000, so the prices on designers must vary from village to village
.Our home was built in 2006 on a large corner lot, having 2600 sq. ft living space.Don't know if size makes a different, guess i need to ask the females about that!!!
KB - size matters in many things - but not with the bond (hehe).

A bond is determined by district. All designers in a district have the same bond. Premiers are higher (about twice the cost of a designer) and Villas are less, with patio villas being about half the cost of a designer and CYVs somewhat higher than that. I believe that the bond on cottages is = a designer.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:19 PM
Veteran member
Location: Chicago, Arlington Hgts, North Aurora, Il. TV since 2002!

So glad I bought where I did when I did! Village of Springdale, 3 bedroom 2 bath, ranch 2 car garage huge corner lot Bond was 6K 8 years ago!
Old 05-07-2011, 08:51 PM

The total bond issued including interest for each VCDD district is divided equally among each assessable acre in the "phase" of the district for which the bond was issued. This is the "cost per acre". The cost per acre is then multiplied by the number of acres in the development unit in which the lot is. The unit cost is then divided by the number of lots/parcels in the unit.
That is why the premium homes have the highest bond as they have the fewest lots in that development unit. The designer homes are next as their density is great that the premiums but not as dense as the villas. The lot with larger square footage pays the same bond as all of the other lots in that unit. I have a CYV with a lot in excess of 8000 sq. feet and my bond is the same as a neighbor who has a lot of 4500 sq. feet. I hope this make sense as this was something I rustled with when I was looking last year!
Old 05-07-2011, 08:53 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhdleo View Post
So glad I bought where I did when I did! Village of Springdale, 3 bedroom 2 bath, ranch 2 car garage huge corner lot Bond was 6K 8 years ago!
So glad we bought 12 1/2 years ago when the bond was $1500 on our CYV! Talk about inflation!
Old 05-07-2011, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillagesFlorida View Post
So glad we bought 12 1/2 years ago when the bond was $1500 on our CYV! Talk about inflation!
But i would have been only 40 years old back then............. that's my story and i'm sticking to it !!!!!!!

PS. Anybody that has never been to the Kentucky Derby, you have missed one of the magical moments of a lifetime.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:12 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentucky blue View Post
You would think that the bonds vary from village to village, however they actually vary from unit to unit within a district and there are usually several units within any given district or village.

i.e. We are in District 7 (with 4 Villages), in the Village of Hadley (with 4 Units), and in Unit 135. So each of those units within four villages probably have different designer bond amounts. Ours property in unit 135 happens to have an original bond amount of $21,111.92.

(Note that this explaination does not include Villas)

Confusing isn't it? Anyway, maybe the map you'll find at the following address may be somewhat helpful in understanding:

http://www.districtgov.org/yourdistr...spx?district=7
Old 05-07-2011, 10:59 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Ivy View Post
If you call 352-751-6700 they may be able to tell you how much the bonds in Sanibel will be for their units. It's the number for District 9 where Sanibel will be in.

http://www.districtgov.org/yourdistr...spx?district=9
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.