Bond Calculation Question

Closed Thread
Old 09-07-2013, 02:53 PM
Default Bond Calculation Question

Hate to bother you guys again but I have been trying to figure out what the CDD infrastructure bond will be for a given home. Is it the size of the lot, the price of the house? Would someone explain to me how I could look at a new home and calculate what the bond will be?

Thanks again for all the great info everyone has volunteered.

Marlinguy
Old 09-07-2013, 02:58 PM
Veteran member

It would be a daunting task for you to calculate the bond for a specific house. The bond amount takes into consideration the size of the lot, how many units are in a specific village, the interest rate on the bond and the term of the bond. The easiest thing would be to call the Community Development District, give them the unit and lot and ask them the bond amount.
Old 09-07-2013, 03:07 PM
Email Reported As Spam

its the total cost of the infrastructure in a section village etc divided by the number of units in each respective section or village where units are homogeneous
Old 09-07-2013, 05:57 PM

[url]http://www.districtgov.org/---

Bond Info

Go to this web site --you need the District number / unit number/ of the home you are looking for -- you can find all the bonds using the amortization table

good luck
Old 09-07-2013, 07:20 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlinguy View Post
Hate to bother you guys again but I have been trying to figure out what the CDD infrastructure bond will be for a given home. Is it the size of the lot, the price of the house? Would someone explain to me how I could look at a new home and calculate what the bond will be?

Thanks again for all the great info everyone has volunteered.

Marlinguy
Bond amount is determined by the unit # or villa the home is in and assigned to each lot or villa in the unit, it is not determined by the model or cost of the home or lot size.
Interest you pay on the bond varies but is usually 6-7% yearly plus an administration fee. Neither the bond payment nor the interest you pay on the bond is tax deductible.
Preowned homes may have a number of years paid but you can see the remaining balance if you know how many years have been paid already or the year the home was built.
Bond is usually paid in 30 annual installments shown in the amortization schedules. Each payment is almost the same for the entire 30 years but the bond can also be paid off early even at closing.
Taxes are regular property taxes to the county plus the annual maintenance fee to the Villages plus a fire department fee of about $81.

You can look it up here if you know what unit or villa you are or will be in:

Village Community Development Districts

Click Below:

http://www.districtgov.org/departmen...rtization.aspx

Last edited by KeepingItReal; 09-07-2013 at 08:02 PM.
Old 09-07-2013, 07:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

if you are buying a preowned or new..your sales person will have the exact amount
Old 09-07-2013, 07:38 PM
Location: Philadelphia PA, North Wildwood NJ, Village of Tamarind Grove - June 2011

This website was posted on TOTV about six months ago. It takes a few seconds to open but lists bond amounts by street in alphabetical order. Hope it works. http://root.z57.com/filemanager/uplo...ee546d11b3.pdf
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.