Was it all a dream......

Closed Thread
Old 03-10-2014, 03:03 AM
Gold member
Default Was it all a dream......

We closed on our beautiful home on Feb 12. Everything was perfect. (well, at least a very very short punch list) We received our appliances. (ohh ahhh!) unpacked our POD and loved every minute. Bill got to play a round on Arnold Palmer with our dear neighbor Dave Lindsey. It was a wonderful week.

then the week ended.....we flew back to snowy Utah, I resumed my commute to Ca to work and we are trying to liquidate our "stuff", and do some remodeling to our Utah home to be able to rent it as 2 separate units. Lots of contractors, Bids tooo high, slow response time, work, work work.

I am starting to think that our home in TV is just a pipe dream. But I have photos and a water bill. And over half of our stuff us there, so it must be real, right????

Bill retires April 1st. (hoot! hoot!) But being the 'young fair maiden' that i am I have to wait until Sept. which sucks! We just want to wrap things up and start this next chapter. The closing week was like a big teaser......and now it seems like a fantasy.

Word of encouragement gratefully accepted and appreciated.... ;-(
Old 03-10-2014, 05:45 AM
Soaring Eagle member

It will happen! And you will love it here in September. The weather is nice then, and not so many people or traffic. I remember the countdown when I was getting ready to retire - it felt like it would never happen, but so happy when it finally rolled around. You have a light at the end of the tunnel - enjoy!
Old 03-10-2014, 05:52 AM
Sage

Congratulations on the new home and on Bill's upcoming retirement. No, it wasn't a dream. You'll be here before you know it playing golf and wondering why you didn't' retire earlier.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:57 AM

It is like a little piece of Heaven here and you will be back before you know it. Time flies by so quickly. Your story sounds so much like ours. That was almost 6 years ago now and I don't know where the time went. Maybe you can come and visit before Sept.
Old 03-10-2014, 07:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Five years and counting..so your timeline is better
Old 03-10-2014, 10:42 AM
Soaring Eagle member

We closed last August and are finally going to move next month. Seems like a lifetime of waiting. I feel your pain.
Old 03-10-2014, 01:26 PM
Gold member

We did the same thing. We had three months after we closed on our house before we could be here full time. At least we were in Ark, 13 hours a way and we used us some of our vacation time to come back and forth while we did extra stuff on the house before we moved in. It was hard to leave and go back to ARK. In the end it is wonderful and so glad we are here. Just keep reminding yourself this is only temporary and then you will be a frog here in The Villages.

Nothing so needs reforming as other peoples habits. "Mark Twain"
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.