Book of mormon

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-23-2015, 08:57 PM
Karron's Avatar
Karron Karron is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Sable Chase, The Villages
Posts: 121
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Question Book of mormon

Have you been to see THE BOOK OF MORMON?
WHAT DID YOU THINK!
  #2  
Old 01-23-2015, 10:07 PM
zonerboy's Avatar
zonerboy zonerboy is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Tamarind Grove
Posts: 473
Thanks: 22
Thanked 78 Times in 18 Posts
Default

Haven't seen it, but would like too.
Where is it playing nearby?
  #3  
Old 01-24-2015, 08:09 AM
Karron's Avatar
Karron Karron is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Sable Chase, The Villages
Posts: 121
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

image-jpgWe saw it inTampa THURSDAY
Lot of profanity....."dancing *****es"
Otherwise, it was good...
  #4  
Old 01-24-2015, 09:19 AM
graciegirl graciegirl is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 40,003
Thanks: 4,677
Thanked 5,374 Times in 1,852 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karron View Post
Attachment 47213We saw it inTampa THURSDAY
Lot of profanity....."dancing *****es"
Otherwise, it was good...




It won two TONY's I am glad you brought this up....And the Mormon church is not annoyed. You learn something new every day. Any memorable songs????

Here are the lyrics to one of the songs............sounds kinda............well . I think I am getting OLD. I saw Hair.

http://www.lyricsreg.com/lyrics/the+...mon/I+Believe/
  #5  
Old 01-24-2015, 09:33 AM
JSR22's Avatar
JSR22 JSR22 is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,406
Thanks: 607
Thanked 1,222 Times in 423 Posts
Default Book of Mormon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karron View Post
Have you been to see THE BOOK OF MORMON?
WHAT DID YOU THINK!
I thought the show was terrific. Great music, dancing and singing. Additionally, found the the show to be extremely funny.
  #6  
Old 01-24-2015, 10:18 AM
Karron's Avatar
Karron Karron is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Sable Chase, The Villages
Posts: 121
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
I thought the show was terrific. Great music, dancing and singing. Additionally, found the the show to be extremely funny.
Yes, it was funny....
However, I was just prepared for the song lyrics & "dialog about Christ & The Church"!
(example: "F--- him inThe eye""
  #7  
Old 01-24-2015, 10:20 AM
graciegirl graciegirl is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 40,003
Thanks: 4,677
Thanked 5,374 Times in 1,852 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karron View Post
Yes, it was funny....
However, I was just prepared for the song lyrics & "dialog about Christ & The Church"!
(example: "F--- him inThe eye""

Like I said. I am getting old.

I loved the music from Hair.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...6F44DAE34D19D5
  #8  
Old 01-25-2015, 03:15 PM
lanabanana73's Avatar
lanabanana73 lanabanana73 is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Windsor, VT
Posts: 687
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Default

For anyone who may be interested, my friend Clark was in the original cast on Broadway. He was the only member of the Mormon church and "real" returned missionary they had. This interview in Part I talks about his journey as a gay Mormon. Part II is specifically about the musical and what his thoughts are on its meaning. I found it fascinating!

Clark Johnsen - Broadway Book of Mormon Musical | Mormon Stories Podcast
__________________
Alanna from Vermont

Drank the Kool-Aid and now own a home in Tamarind Grove. Yippee!!
  #9  
Old 01-26-2015, 11:58 AM
twoas1@comcast.net's Avatar
twoas1@comcast.net twoas1@comcast.net is offline
Member
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 39
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

anything about *****ing God in the eye is not right. I won't be seeing it. Suppose it was to shock people into laughing. Not me.
__________________
Lavendar49
  #10  
Old 01-26-2015, 12:02 PM
Karron's Avatar
Karron Karron is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Sable Chase, The Villages
Posts: 121
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanabanana73 View Post
For anyone who may be interested, my friend Clark was in the original cast on Broadway. He was the only member of the Mormon church and "real" returned missionary they had. This interview in Part I talks about his journey as a gay Mormon. Part II is specifically about the musical and what his thoughts are on its meaning. I found it fascinating!

Clark Johnsen - Broadway Book of Mormon Musical |UR
Mormon Stories Podcast
Thanks!
It is interesting !
Karron
  #11  
Old 01-26-2015, 12:24 PM
graciegirl graciegirl is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 40,003
Thanks: 4,677
Thanked 5,374 Times in 1,852 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoas1@comcast.net View Post
anything about *****ing God in the eye is not right. I won't be seeing it. Suppose it was to shock people into laughing. Not me.

There's a bright golden haze on the meadow,
There's a bright golden haze on the meadow.
The bee's are so busy they don't miss a tree,
And the old weepin' willow is laughing at meeeeeeee.

I loved the old stuff.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:10 PM.