Thanksgiving Invite

Closed Thread
Old 11-06-2007, 12:56 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch
Default Thanksgiving Invite

Okay, this is going to sound strange but it feels right, so here goes. I'm used to having all my single friends over for Thanksgiving. Here, I know hardly anyone. My family consists of my daughter and me. Cooking a huge meal for two seems an exercise in futility. Going out for Thanksgiving dinner is just not my idea of fun and there's NO leftovers. So, I'm putting out the invite here -- if you're not going to be with family on Thanksgiving, don't want to go out to dinner and would love a homecooked meal with some friendly strangers, I'm extending an invite to any TOTV who would like to come over for dinner. Couples are welcome. You're welcome to bring something or not. All I ask is that you be friendly, accept that I'm bound to either muck up one dish or forget to serve something (usually both) and have some fun. Any takers?

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 11-06-2007, 01:47 PM
Default Re: Thanksgiving Invite

What a great idea ... good luck with the dinner. I make a list of what I will serve because I always find I missed something ... rolls, cranberry mold, always something. HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Pat
Old 11-06-2007, 01:51 PM
Sage

Pat, I usually end up throwing the list away because something got spilled on it. My friends consider it a Thanksgiving tradition to see who can guess what I've forgotten to serve (mind you, not make, but SERVE) first.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 11-06-2007, 02:06 PM

Redwitch,

Fantastic invitation. I REALLY wish I were in TV this year to be one of the lucky ones to share Thanksgiving dinner with you and your daughter. See you NEXT year, though. Very nice and very thoughtful.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:02 PM
Veteran member

RE: THANKSGIVING INVITE
:#1:
Now there's a woman who just confirmed her reservations in Heaven. What a wonderfull gesture :bigthumbsup:
Handie :joke:
Old 11-06-2007, 05:32 PM
Sage

redwitch you are a real sweetheart! It felt right because it IS RIGHT! THAT IS A WONDERFUL IDEA! :agre

Reminds me of the Thanksgiving I tried to let the nursing home back home send some people over who were going to be alone onthat day. Unfortunately they wouldnt let me because of all the redtape involved.

Extending your invitation has made you a candidate for sainthood, good luck and have a VERY HAPPY Turkey day!! :bigthumbsup:

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:49 PM
Sage

Nope, no sainthood here. Pure selfishness. I want a turkey. I like the dark meat and the skin. Can't have those if you get the silly-looking breasts. I like leftover sandwiches. Can't have that if you go to a restaurant and, as much as I like liver, I don't want it for Thanksgiving and there's no way on God's good earth that my child will even eat a bite of it.

BTW -- I didn't mean couples only are welcome. I meant they are as welcome as any single would be. Heck, even families are welcome. Just people who want a family atmosphere on turkey day! All I ask is even advance notice so I know what size gobbler to buy.

The dining room table holds 8 semi-comfortably. There's a small kitchen table. There's the lanai table. There's the patio table. So, plenty of seating.

Old 11-06-2007, 06:19 PM
Platinum member

Redwitch,

I had a neighbor that used to provide a holiday meal for police officers that worked on holidays. They loved her and vice versus. She even made the news.

Great idea. Hope it works out well for you. You have made the rest of us feel "Why didn't I think of that?"

Steve
Old 11-08-2007, 01:20 AM
Soaring Eagle member

What a lovely gesture wish I could be there to take you up on it.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:09 PM
Sage

Okay, I have one taker from here, one from a friend of my daughter's. Any others want to join in the fun? Would love to have some more on turkey day and, yes, football will be on one tv. Would have Heidi on another but don't have that movie (for those who remember the Heidi game).

Old 11-13-2007, 01:21 PM
Sage

UP -- Just in case someone missed it. I promise to only bump this one more time. Okay, maybe 2 but no more than that!

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.