Breakdown of Monthly Amenity Fees

Closed Thread
Old 05-15-2021, 06:12 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,862 Times in 785 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlasowicz View Post
Hi I have owned a villa for over 5 year now. So for the most part I have a general idea what the monthly amenity fee pays for. My wife and I will be looking at new home to buy possibility in the future in Fl. There's no guarantee it will be in the villages. Its not cheap to live in the villages even though they provide a lot . My wife doesn't play golf and I do very occasionally. She feels the monthly amenity goes a lot toward golfing . So I was curious if the CDD a general percent breakdown of the monthly amenity fee of how much goes to support golf, how much to the pools , rec. centers, community watch, etc.
Thanks
Once I settled in, I got involved with making music, and now it takes up most of my time. Most of this happens at various rec centers. I haven’t had time to play golf even once. I have my own pool, so I haven’t been to any other pools. What do I get for my money? I get miles of manicured beauty (most from the landscaping and flowers and trees and golf courses, but also plenty from everyone’s hard work keeping their places looking nice). I get the safety of living in The Villages (probably the safest city of its size in the country). A lot of employees and volunteers make that possible. I get about a hundred miles of cart paths where I can tool around if I want to. I get access to endless activities, which is why I’m having the time of my life, even though I only participate in a dozen of them. I don’t know anywhere else in the country where I could do that. If I want to go out dancing, I can do it every night of the week, for free, instead of paying to dance in some bar or ballroom or wherever other people dance. (And I can get free dance lessons if I want to get better at it.) I could go on, but I definitely consider my amenity fee money well spent.
Old 05-15-2021, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlasowicz View Post
Hi I have owned a villa for over 5 year now. So for the most part I have a general idea what the monthly amenity fee pays for. My wife and I will be looking at new home to buy possibility in the future in Fl. There's no guarantee it will be in the villages. Its not cheap to live in the villages even though they provide a lot . My wife doesn't play golf and I do very occasionally. She feels the monthly amenity goes a lot toward golfing . So I was curious if the CDD a general percent breakdown of the monthly amenity fee of how much goes to support golf, how much to the pools , rec. centers, community watch, etc.
Thanks
Some people will accuse me of drinking the kool aid but in general, once you add EVERYTHING together the costs are very similar (usually less than $100.00 per month} to other 55+ community’s and no other community even comes close to the amenities, friendliest and cleanliness of the villages. Please don’t tell me place X doesn’t have a bond because there is always another fee to replace it or the HOA is $350 per month. I’ve checked them all out, everyone is within $100 bucks a month
Old 05-15-2021, 06:19 AM
Veteran member

Here is the other side of the coin, it's a both positive and a negative. If you bought your home 5 or 10 years ago, you definitely got a bargain. However if you're newly what in the last one or two years then your housing price is at least one or $200,000 more did any of the other communities within 20 miles of The villages. I live in a community that's very nice with over 1,000 homes mostly stick build but yes some are modulars and we paid much less than the villages and there's still 27 holes of golf for those who want it two pools hundreds of activities and mostly of all nice neighbors. So you can consider it's a positive and a negative housing prices are way up in The villages and it's pricing some people out if they still pay mortgages or don't have the assets to out right buy a home
Old 05-15-2021, 06:20 AM
Veteran member
Default P.s.

And also if I don't have a 100 mi of golf carts paths, I don't need to buy a golf cart and have an extra large garage to put it in also so yes that's a positive and a negative so I can tell you for a fact and more people moving to my community from The villages then move out of the community to The villages
Old 05-15-2021, 06:28 AM

It’s not mandatory to buy a golf cart and it’s not mandatory to get a house with a golf cart garage.
Old 05-15-2021, 06:39 AM
Default Great explanation

We are newcomers and have asked many people, including our real estate agent to explain the bond. You have finally made it clear to us why the bond was different in most of the houses that we looked at.
We currently live in a four year old house with a substantial bond and must consider whether to pay it off or not. Our agent advised us not to, but we feel that this is our forever home.
Old 05-15-2021, 06:46 AM

There are cheeper overall communities. I think it's rather ignorant to say the average pensioner can live here. Remove the bond and the fact your in TV the same house could be 40-60 grand less. Most of us are here for the value we think we get. You can live cheeper but can you live as well. Good luck
Old 05-15-2021, 06:46 AM

You need to check at other places to see what it would cost you. You’ll see this is the best and least expensive. Also there are 2018 free clubs you can join
Old 05-15-2021, 06:52 AM

You get a nice clean hopefully crime free safe and quiet community to live in. This is paradise in my opinion. Well worth the fees established.
Old 05-15-2021, 06:57 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1ceasar View Post
And also if I don't have a 100 mi of golf carts paths, I don't need to buy a golf cart and have an extra large garage to put it in also so yes that's a positive and a negative so I can tell you for a fact and more people moving to my community from The villages then move out of the community to The villages
So, just curious, why are you posting on this website since you apparently like your community better?
Old 05-15-2021, 07:21 AM

The home owners (1200+) at Pennbrooke Fairways, off 44 in Leesburg, voted to secure a 5 year contract with Spectrum for high definition cable and 400 mbs wifi for $52 (taxes and fees included) a month. This is added to everyone's HOA monthly fee.

I'm tired of Comcast Xfinity here in TV and looking for viable alternatives. Oh how I wish.
Old 05-15-2021, 07:34 AM
Location: Mt. AIRY NC, NORFOLK VA, VA BEACH, VA, FT WAYNE,IN, CINCINNATI, OH, ROSWELL, GA, THE VILLAGES
Default Cut the. Cable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdeb View Post
The home owners (1200+) at Pennbrooke Fairways, off 44 in Leesburg, voted to secure a 5 year contract with Spectrum for high definition cable and 400 mbs wifi for $52 (taxes and fees included) a month. This is added to everyone's HOA monthly fee.

I'm tired of Comcast Xfinity here in TV and looking for viable alternatives. Oh how I wish.
With a 4-k firestick a d $19/mth streaming service and get over 5000 channels. Including all local channels, all sports channels, all movie channels and much more. Ask me how.
Old 05-15-2021, 07:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,367 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by richs631 View Post
It’s not mandatory to buy a golf cart and it’s not mandatory to get a house with a golf cart garage.
and not mandatory that you live in TV.
Old 05-15-2021, 07:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,367 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1ceasar View Post
If you don't live here, why should you care?
Old 05-15-2021, 07:48 AM
Default Oranges to oranges

Just a comment on comparing HOA fees to what you pay in The Villages. The HOA equivalent is the amenity fee PLUS the district assessment fee you pay on your property tax bill. Averaging the various district amounts plus the amenity fee runs to a little more than $350 a month.
Closed Thread

Tags
monthly, amenity, general, fee, wife

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.