The Bridge

Closed Thread
Old 06-17-2019, 07:59 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenneyFanatic View Post
Any updates on the bridge?
6/17/2019 Daily Sun: The Villages signature logo now adorns both sides of the truss that will become the Meggison Road golf cart bridge across SR 44 just west of Buena Vista Boulevard. All truss and foundation work is in the final stages of completion.
Old 06-20-2019, 12:28 PM

Any rumors on when it goes up?
Old 06-20-2019, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Any rumors on when it goes up?
The rumor was it was set for 6/12 but was delayed due to all the wet weather. So likely any day now. However, as many have pointed out, it's currently a bridge to nowhere. Watching the progress as they build from both sides towards the middle has been fun, however none of it gets us anywhere until the big one across the turnpike is built. Rumor on that one is that the steel for it will be delivered to the site very soon. But while we are on the rumor subject, a year ago the target date for full connectivity was January of 2020. Latest rumor (I stress rumor) is that it's now slid to Spring of 2020.

The jokes and comments will continue to come, but it doesn't appear that it will be a bad ride at all from the Fenney area to Brownwood once it all gets done. I live in Fenney South and it takes me 11 minutes by cart from my garage to as far as you can currently go on the trail just short of the bridge site. I'm guessing 10 minutes or less from that point to Brownwood.
Old 06-20-2019, 01:53 PM

Folks are forgetting that the developer already OWNS a bridge across the turnpike. If you check out Don Wiley's most recent drone video, you will notice a lot of work being done at that former cattle bridge.
Old 06-20-2019, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Folks are forgetting that the developer already OWNS a bridge across the turnpike. If you check out Don Wiley's most recent drone video, you will notice a lot of work being done at that former cattle bridge.
That's true, but it is also currently a bridge to nowhere as there is no current way to get from that side of 468 (Warm Springs) to the Brownwood side. They have already announced that there will, eventually, be a bridge on the eastern end of the turnpike, and that one may eventually be it, but they have given no time frame. However, they are already preparing for another bridge over 44 down at the Lake Deaton plaza area.
Old 06-26-2019, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billlaur View Post
cant wait to make my journey to the southland..what a great day it will be when connection is made...
This is the enthusiasm I would hope all the Villagers would have about on going improvements and developments.
Closed Thread

Tags
bridge, sign, accent, lights, cool

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.