BRIDGE over THE TURNPIKE

Closed Thread
Old 04-07-2020, 04:46 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,519 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tblue View Post
I am curious what is going on to the East of the service plaza on the turnpike. Heading north on the turnpike yesterday as I approached the service plaza to the East there is an awful lot of dirt being moved in that area. Any ideas?
That is the Village of Bradford, St. Katherine, Homestead, and work on a new championship course. There is also work on a new power substation going on and a radio tower for WVLG.
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 04-07-2020, 06:23 AM
Default Pictures of people working on Waterlily bridge

We have been by the Waterlily bridge many times over the past week or so, and they appear to be working on the bridge and driving the pylons for the foundation in to the ground. See attached pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	bridge 1.jpg
Views:	653
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	83567   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	bridge 2.jpg
Views:	523
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	83568  
Old 04-07-2020, 08:07 AM
Default The Lifestyle is missing

I moved to the villages for the lifestyle, I drive my golf cart anytime I go out and stay inside the bubble, I actually sold my Benz and Denali and went with our a Car for 7 months. I am sympathetic to the folks dealing with the bridge issue, my Village Realtor tried to get me to consider Fenney with the thought of the bridge being completed and access to the squares by cart in Jan 2020 I informed her if she bought it up again she was done. The old saying buyer beware of promises made by a salesperson should have been verified before signing a contract. False promises are made all the time and the Village realtors are well schooled on how to close the Fenney deals. If they by chance decide to bring a lawsuit against the developer I’m certain they would be able to find past agents to testify against the developer. In the meantime your right about them driving their car to the square but I don’t believe you will get to enjoy much of the village lifestyle that way. Greed has defined the way things are being developed here and that’ll never change.
Old 04-07-2020, 10:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry Azz View Post
I moved to the villages for the lifestyle, I drive my golf cart anytime I go out and stay inside the bubble, I actually sold my Benz and Denali and went with our a Car for 7 months. I am sympathetic to the folks dealing with the bridge issue, my Village Realtor tried to get me to consider Fenney with the thought of the bridge being completed and access to the squares by cart in Jan 2020 I informed her if she bought it up again she was done. The old saying buyer beware of promises made by a salesperson should have been verified before signing a contract. False promises are made all the time and the Village realtors are well schooled on how to close the Fenney deals. If they by chance decide to bring a lawsuit against the developer I’m certain they would be able to find past agents to testify against the developer. In the meantime your right about them driving their car to the square but I don’t believe you will get to enjoy much of the village lifestyle that way. Greed has defined the way things are being developed here and that’ll never change.
Agree, never trust the sales people to be accurate.....also the mistake people make is that when they are told something by a salesperson they somehow extrapolate that to a promise. If it isn't in a contract it's only an opinion....how did we get this old and so naive? You came here for the lifestyle which was only made possible and available to you because of the developers "greed" (your opinion and so wrong) and I for one hope it continues.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 04-07-2020, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Agree, never trust the sales people to be accurate.....also the mistake people make is that when they are told something by a salesperson they somehow extrapolate that to a promise. If it isn't in a contract it's only an opinion....how did we get this old and so naive? You came here for the lifestyle which was only made possible and available to you because of the developers "greed" (your opinion and so wrong) and I for one hope it continues.
Agree with the point, but in this case the agent was very likely speaking in good faith. The Villages was proudly and publicly touting the fact, and even had it printed on current maps, that the bridge was to be completed by January of 2020. It was not made up or hearsay or rumor. Obviously something happened to change that plan and my only gripe is with the lack of acknowledgement and transparency around the fact that it changed. Would it have changed my decision to buy in that area if I knew then what I know now - No. We like it here and are perfectly fine getting around by car until things are completed.
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, bridge, call, give, also, would

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.