BRIDGE over THE TURNPIKE

Closed Thread
Old 01-12-2020, 08:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower33 View Post
I couldn’t have said it better. The villages isn’t the same as it was when me Schwartz and Gary Morse were in charge. All in infrastructure went in first then the houses were built. I’m sure they are both turning over in their graves
The pools, mailboxes, Rex centers, can be seen as the dirt is moved around for homes sites. Regional center come as homes are being completed. Retailers arrive when there is enough residents to shop their. Nothing has changed. But if you were involved with the Morse family, maybe you could give some insight on what’s coming, then the rumors could be confirmed.
Old 01-13-2020, 01:49 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie66 View Post
Thanks …. that song was played at our wedding a long time ago in a far-away galaxy.
Hey! That's OUR song!
Old 01-13-2020, 11:01 PM
Bosoxfan

Is there anyone out there that has any real information on when connection will be completed? Progress seems to have come to a halt
Old 02-19-2020, 07:05 PM

Someone told me the state is thinking of making the turnpike 6 lanes. So holding off on the permit for the bridge. This could be bogus, don't know. But no information from the builder leads me to believe something isn't going right.

I live in Fenney. I would like to drive my cart to a championship course. So, yes I can go to a championship course and get a free cart rental. But don't show up too late in the day or you're forcing the golf staff to stay late. They don't like that.
Old 02-19-2020, 07:23 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_sjc View Post
Someone told me the state is thinking of making the turnpike 6 lanes. So holding off on the permit for the bridge. This could be bogus, don't know. But no information from the builder leads me to believe something isn't going right.

I live in Fenney. I would like to drive my cart to a championship course. So, yes I can go to a championship course and get a free cart rental. But don't show up too late in the day or you're forcing the golf staff to stay late. They don't like that.
You might as well play off campus. Carts are "free" there too, and the greens fees are half the price. And several courses that are more interesting than those in The Villages.
Old 02-19-2020, 07:58 PM
Sage

Quote:

Lots of tee times on Champs. This is high season, it’s the most open times we have seen in 13 years
Old 02-19-2020, 08:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:

No message

Last edited by kcrazorbackfan; 02-19-2020 at 08:17 PM.
Old 02-19-2020, 09:38 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,656 Times in 938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
When Gary Morse was running the Villages, NO houses were built until the amenities were in place and running. NOW I only see houses built, selling LONG before the pool, postal station or bridge is built. To me, the family is ONLY interested in building / selling houses ....

RIP Gary .....

Am I being negative to the Villages..... NO, I'm realistic and say what I see. I love the Villages but the trend has changed to the negative for me...
If the new leadership of the company wishes to do things a little differently, they certainly have that right. They are under no obligation to any of us to "do it the way Dad did".

I just don't understand why some get upset by such things.
Old 02-19-2020, 11:14 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Quote:

Just bring that cart back before sunset and everything will be hunky dory.

Steve
Old 02-20-2020, 07:31 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswirs View Post
"...To play you need a cart....", I've heard this sentiment often used here in TV. Well, I'm sure that is true for some folks, as they are not physically able to walk that distance. I'm from Pa., usually I walk, and there are many senior golfers up in Pa. that walk almost every day, and we don't slow thing down either. Down here in TV it is rare to see walkers. It's great exercise. And yes, this is on a regulation size 18 hole course. I don't see many walkers down here and, IMHO, those that can walk should consider doing so, especially on the executive courses. As I said, that is only my humble opinion.
I walk the execs. But the champs have two much distance from green to tee on a lot of the courses. The additional walking time could easily make me 'slow'. So, I don't do it.
Old 02-20-2020, 07:32 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower33 View Post
I couldn’t have said it better. The villages isn’t the same as it was when me Schwartz and Gary Morse were in charge. All in infrastructure went in first then the houses were built. I’m sure they are both turning over in their graves
Well, I am sure that they are both beaming with pride.
Old 02-20-2020, 02:29 PM

Online news had an article about road improvements and had an attachment with all of the road projects. A few of the projects is widening the turnpike from 4 to 6 lanes from 301 to 470. So, that could be a big issue if the developer bridge isn’t long enough to cover all 6 lanes.

Last edited by Dond1959; 02-20-2020 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Take out link that didn’t work
Old 02-20-2020, 02:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,750 Times in 1,386 Posts

The possibility of widening the area where the bridge was to be built would have most certainly come up during the planning/approval process...somehow!!!
Old 02-20-2020, 05:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dond1959 View Post
Online news had an article about road improvements and had an attachment with all of the road projects. A few of the projects is widening the turnpike from 4 to 6 lanes from 301 to 470. So, that could be a big issue if the developer bridge isn’t long enough to cover all 6 lanes.
Onlinenews. Do you really think there will be a big surprise issue for the developer.
Old 02-20-2020, 06:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dond1959 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
The possibility of widening the area where the bridge was to be built would have most certainly come up during the planning/approval process...somehow!!!
Typically, widening from 4 to 6 lanes is done by adding a left lane in each direction. This is the current median which is already owned by the highway authority. This would not affect the length of the span that the bridge will cross over. but it might delay the permitting process.
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, bridge, call, give, also, would

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.