BRIDGE over THE TURNPIKE

Closed Thread
Old 02-20-2020, 07:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
If the new leadership of the company wishes to do things a little differently, they certainly have that right. They are under no obligation to any of us to "do it the way Dad did".

I just don't understand why some get upset by such things.
Probably because the complainers are mad that they (the complainers) can't build a future for their heirs like the Developer is doing for their future generations.

As long as the Developers keep the infrastructure upgraded for all the previous Villages built, they can keep building as long as they want.

The complainers must really have a miserable life to have moved to an area where the biggest percentage of the us are "living the dream" and they (again, the complainers) sit around wondering what they can complain about today, tomorrow and everyday thereafter.

The bridges are going to get built; the Developers are waiting on FDOT approval to proceed.
Old 02-20-2020, 09:21 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,655 Times in 938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
Probably because the complainers are mad that they (the complainers) can't build a future for their heirs like the Developer is doing for their future generations.

As long as the Developers keep the infrastructure upgraded for all the previous Villages built, they can keep building as long as they want.

The complainers must really have a miserable life to have moved to an area where the biggest percentage of the us are "living the dream" and they (again, the complainers) sit around wondering what they can complain about today, tomorrow and everyday thereafter.

The bridges are going to get built; the Developers are waiting on FDOT approval to proceed.
Well said, my friend.
Old 02-20-2020, 10:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Friedrich Nietzsche was right.
Old 02-20-2020, 10:40 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Friedrich Nietzsche was right.
In many ways!
Steve
Old 02-21-2020, 07:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
When Gary Morse was running the Villages, NO houses were built until the amenities were in place and running. NOW I only see houses built, selling LONG before the pool, postal station or bridge is built. To me, the family is ONLY interested in building / selling houses ....

RIP Gary .....

Am I being negative to the Villages..... NO, I'm realistic and say what I see. I love the Villages but the trend has changed to the negative for me...
I doubt that they'd be building houses if there was no demand for them. Almost all of the houses that they've built south of 44 have sold.

It's also a bit unfair to say that they haven't built any amenities down there. There are several golf courses and at least two rec centers. And I understand that a fourth town square is being built.

People still have the option of coming to the rest of The Villages by car. It's not as though a wall has been built around the newest villages.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 02-21-2020, 04:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
Nothing wrong with an air conditioned car with a radio. I don't see the big deal about a cart. It's a toy, if I'm not playing golf, my cart sits in the garage. I guess some people need to be amused.
No, there is nothing "wrong" with an A/C car but I think the rest of your post is a bit arrogant. Evidently there are many more golf carts than golfers which indicates many people remain "amused" with their "toys.". To some the GC is a 2nd car, to some their only means of transportation and to many just a part of the fun of enjoying the "villages lifestyle" or why else are there signs all over saying "Welcome to The Villages, a golf cart community." It's great your happy driving your gas guzzler but to some the GC is part of the fun here. No, I don't play golf.

(Note: I do NOT live south of 44 but just enjoy my toy golf cart but do understand the frustration of those who live SO44 especially when they were "promised" otherwise).
Old 02-21-2020, 04:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I doubt that they'd be building houses if there was no demand for them. Almost all of the houses that they've built south of 44 have sold.

It's also a bit unfair to say that they haven't built any amenities down there. There are several golf courses and at least two rec centers. And I understand that a fourth town square is being built.

People still have the option of coming to the rest of The Villages by car. It's not as though a wall has been built around the newest villages.
Since you’re privy to inside information, where is the fourth town square being built?
Old 02-21-2020, 06:53 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,323 Times in 1,439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
Since you’re privy to inside information, where is the fourth town square being built?
South of 44
Old 02-21-2020, 07:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,349 Times in 2,505 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
South of 44
......but just north of Orlando!
Old 02-21-2020, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
There will be a fourth town square built, it was agreed to in writing with Sumter County. Also building more Championship courses. All good things come to those who wait.
Old 02-21-2020, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post

Excellent answer
Old 02-21-2020, 07:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcar View Post
There will be a fourth town square built, it was agreed to in writing with Sumter County. Also building more Championship courses. All good things come to those who wait.
For a lot of the retired masses here, they don’t know what waiting is; they want instant gratification.
Old 02-22-2020, 05:48 AM
Location: Village of Marsh Bend, The Villages, FL; Oakland, CA; Boston, MA.

If you purchased your Golf cart from The Villages Golf Cars, they will loan you a golf cart anytime you plan on being in an area not connected to your neighborhood. The Villages Golf Cars - Yamaha Golf Cars - Club Car Golf Cars | The Villages Golf Cars

I know that doesn’t fix the connectivity issue but it helps.
Old 02-22-2020, 08:21 AM

Quote:

The Villages Florida

Keep drinking....................
Old 02-22-2020, 08:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
For a lot of the retired masses here, they don’t know what waiting is; they want instant gratification.
The retired masses know what waiting is. They waited a long time to get here.
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, bridge, call, give, also, would

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.