BRIDGE over THE TURNPIKE

Closed Thread
Old 01-09-2020, 10:41 AM
Default BRIDGE over THE TURNPIKE

Alan Hardenstine I read your letter about being Mislead about things by the Villages, I live in the villages of Linden also,Would you please give me a call st 440-897-6915
Old 01-09-2020, 11:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,349 Times in 2,389 Posts

Another boycott?
Old 01-09-2020, 08:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Another boycott?
Can't wait to see this one......
Old 01-09-2020, 09:24 PM
Platinum member

Cancelling the bridge across the turnpike?
Old 01-10-2020, 08:52 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkeennyy View Post
Alan Hardenstine I read your letter about being Mislead about things by the Villages, I live in the villages of Linden also,Would you please give me a call st 440-897-6915
In case anyone is wondering about "the letter"

To the Editor:

When we bought a home in Linden (Fenney for all those north of 44) the realtor said we should have full connectivity to Linden by January 2020. That was July 2019. In fact this article from The Villages Daily Sun states:
“One of the most important features to Villagers will be the connectivity linking the existing parts of the community with the newest areas. Three golf car bridges (one over the Florida Turnpike and two traversing State Road 44), as well as a network of tunnels, will allow Villagers golf car access to everything from the new amenities to golf, shopping and dining. Some of the tunnels will be completed by the fall, with the entire connectivity network operational by January 2020.”
This is laughable.
I have been here six months and they are nowhere close to meeting these goals. They haven’t even started the turnpike bridge pillars which will take months to cure.
Why the deception?
Is it to sell houses quickly? Probably. The Developer knew exactly how long it would take or at least a close estimate. Even if they started the turnpike abutments today it will be at least a year before it is usable. I get it things take time. Why not be honest and stop over promising and under delivering?
Its going to be 12-18 months before connectivity is in place, at least for us folks south of the turnpike.
I wish they would be honest.

Alan Hardenstine
Village of Linden
Old 01-10-2020, 09:46 AM
Default Appears to me !!!!

When Gary Morse was running the Villages, NO houses were built until the amenities were in place and running. NOW I only see houses built, selling LONG before the pool, postal station or bridge is built. To me, the family is ONLY interested in building / selling houses ....

RIP Gary .....

Am I being negative to the Villages..... NO, I'm realistic and say what I see. I love the Villages but the trend has changed to the negative for me...
Old 01-10-2020, 09:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,748 Times in 1,385 Posts

The lifestyle we bought into 16 years ago is what matters and in my opinion it is as good if not better than when our home was built in 2004......when Buena Vista went to the Arnold Palmer circle and there was no Arnold Palmer CC....there was no Lake Sumter Landing....no shopping centers in and around the Target store....no Kohls....no Home depot or anything near it.....

So yes, the lifestyle is better.

Not everything was airline like scheduled....but it all did come to pass.

In the current build scheme some instances the timing or understanding may be the culprit.

But like it did the past 16 years, it will all come together.
Old 01-10-2020, 10:44 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,655 Times in 938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
When Gary Morse was running the Villages, NO houses were built until the amenities were in place and running. NOW I only see houses built, selling LONG before the pool, postal station or bridge is built. To me, the family is ONLY interested in building / selling houses ....

RIP Gary .....

Am I being negative to the Villages..... NO, I'm realistic and say what I see. I love the Villages but the trend has changed to the negative for me...
I really don't understand why people get upset over this. It seems that the people who bought those homes are ok with the rec centers coming later. And, of course, they did come. And more on on the way.
Old 01-10-2020, 11:47 AM
Sage

When we moved in , 2011--there was basically nothing south of 466a--wait it will happen soon enough
Old 01-10-2020, 11:56 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,323 Times in 1,439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post

RIP Gary .....

That is totally False. The neighborhood rec. centers with pools and postal stations have all been up and running before the homes were sold in all of the villages south of 44. There were less than 30 homes sold in Fenney when we bought and there was already a sports pool, neighborhood pool, mail station although there weren't enough of us to get the keys yet, the bocce and pickle ball courts, etc. were all open and before DeSoto, McClure, Linden, Monarch Grove, etc., were built they had their amenities in place also. The pools for DeLuna and Chitty Chatty are well underway and they have yet to build a house in either village.
Old 01-10-2020, 12:09 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,751 Times in 3,627 Posts

///
Old 01-10-2020, 12:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,349 Times in 2,505 Posts

Sail on Silver Girl
Sail on by
Your time has come to shine
All your dreams are on their way
See how they shine, oh
If you need a friend
I'm sailing right behind
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will ease your mind
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will ease your mind
Old 01-10-2020, 01:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,316 Times in 870 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
That is totally False. The neighborhood rec. centers with pools and postal stations have all been up and running before the homes were sold in all of the villages south of 44. There were less than 30 homes sold in Fenney when we bought and there was already a sports pool, neighborhood pool, mail station although there weren't enough of us to get the keys yet, the bocce and pickle ball courts, etc. were all open and before DeSoto, McClure, Linden, Monarch Grove, etc., were built they had their amenities in place also. The pools for DeLuna and Chitty Chatty are well underway and they have yet to build a house in either village.
Thanks for posting, while TommyT was being negative (don't know why he said he wasn't) it made me go to motive. Your post clarified what actually is going on down there. We live just above 44 and drive down once and awhile and have always explored the amenities that were being built long before the houses. The only thing that we have seen change is that when we purchased the houses did not go on the market until the neighborhood was completed. They don't seem to do that anymore and evidently not a big deal for those that purchase. This is still the best place to live

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 01-10-2020, 02:15 PM

"They haven’t even started the turnpike bridge pillars which will take months to cure." Hyperbole??? This has to be the first time I have ever heard of technology regressing so far. Fifty years ago when I was working my way through college in a civil engineering test lab concrete was curing to meet and usually significantly exceed design strength in 28 days. Occasionally we would test a sample at 45 days but they only should a marginal increase in strength over the 28 day test.
Old 01-10-2020, 10:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

So basically because you can't jump in a golf cart and go everywhere, your're upset. Nothing wrong with an air conditioned car with a radio. I don't see the big deal about a cart. It's a toy, if I'm not playing golf, my cart sits in the garage. I guess some people need to be amused. I've been heere 9 years and did something today I have done in 5 years, drive my cart to Lopez to play golf, took 40 minutes. It wasn't all that much fun, but to play you need a cart, I would of rather drove my car.
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, bridge, call, give, also, would

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.