BRIDGE over THE TURNPIKE

Closed Thread
Old 01-11-2020, 05:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
So basically because you can't jump in a golf cart and go everywhere, your're upset. Nothing wrong with an air conditioned car with a radio. I don't see the big deal about a cart. It's a toy, if I'm not playing golf, my cart sits in the garage. I guess some people need to be amused. I've been heere 9 years and did something today I have done in 5 years, drive my cart to Lopez to play golf, took 40 minutes. It wasn't all that much fun, but to play you need a cart, I would of rather drove my car.
Why not just rent a cart. Lopez is a destination for us we just take the car and rent a cart
Old 01-11-2020, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Why not just rent a cart. Lopez is a destination for us we just take the car and rent a cart
"...To play you need a cart....", I've heard this sentiment often used here in TV. Well, I'm sure that is true for some folks, as they are not physically able to walk that distance. I'm from Pa., usually I walk, and there are many senior golfers up in Pa. that walk almost every day, and we don't slow thing down either. Down here in TV it is rare to see walkers. It's great exercise. And yes, this is on a regulation size 18 hole course. I don't see many walkers down here and, IMHO, those that can walk should consider doing so, especially on the executive courses. As I said, that is only my humble opinion.
Old 01-11-2020, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Sail on Silver Girl
Sail on by
Your time has come to shine
All your dreams are on their way
See how they shine, oh
If you need a friend
I'm sailing right behind
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will ease your mind
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will ease your mind
Thanks …. that song was played at our wedding a long time ago in a far-away galaxy.
Old 01-11-2020, 09:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John W
So basically because you can't jump in a golf cart and go everywhere, your're upset. Nothing wrong with an air conditioned car with a radio. I don't see the big deal about a cart. It's a toy, if I'm not playing golf, my cart sits in the garage. I guess some people need to be amused. I've been heere 9 years and did something today I have done in 5 years, drive my cart to Lopez to play golf, took 40 minutes. It wasn't all that much fun, but to play you need a cart, I would of rather drove my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
That's why I said it was something I hadn't done in 5 years, because normally I do drive my car and rent a cart. My neighbor and I just wanted to try something different. I was surprised it only took 40 minutes from Tamarind Grove to Lopez, I was thinking closer to an hour and my cart has not been sped up. We normally don't even play Lopez because we have one fellow in our group who lives in Labelle, but it's $5 cheaper with the new winter rates over the southern courses, so we gave it a shot. We'll probably play it more often.
Old 01-11-2020, 09:25 AM

We just bought in Linden and were told "sometime this year". I can understand how Alan is disappointed....but it's kinda like any type of sales, they are probably going to lean pretty hard on the upside and maybe gloss over the downside. Big construction plus (I'm guessing) plenty of red tape can lead to unexpected delays, unfortunately it's just a fact of life sometimes.

The bridges will be here soon, until then, as already mentioned, it's a pretty easy drive
Old 01-11-2020, 09:53 AM

I couldn’t have said it better. The villages isn’t the same as it was when me Schwartz and Gary Morse were in charge. All in infrastructure went in first then the houses were built. I’m sure they are both turning over in their graves
Old 01-11-2020, 10:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower33 View Post
I couldn’t have said it better. The villages isn’t the same as it was when me Schwartz and Gary Morse were in charge. All in infrastructure went in first then the houses were built. I’m sure they are both turning over in their graves
Old 01-11-2020, 10:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Just when were you in charge? And who are you?
Old 01-11-2020, 11:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Nice!
Old 01-11-2020, 03:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,015 Times in 1,009 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
I really don't understand why people get upset over this. It seems that the people who bought those homes are ok with the rec centers coming later. And, of course, they did come. And more on on the way.
dittos. i never regretted coming here. a small bridge or 2 isnt a deal breaker; i can drive the 4 miles to the next plaza
Old 01-11-2020, 04:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I believe the poster hit an 'e' but meant to hit an 'r'.

when me Schwartz and Gary Morse were in charge

when mr Schwartz and Gary Morse were in charge
Old 01-11-2020, 04:48 PM
Veteran member
Default Realistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
When Gary Morse was running the Villages, NO houses were built until the amenities were in place and running. NOW I only see houses built, selling LONG before the pool, postal station or bridge is built. To me, the family is ONLY interested in building / selling houses ....

RIP Gary .....

Am I being negative to the Villages..... NO, I'm realistic and say what I see. I love the Villages but the trend has changed to the negative for me...
Hot selling shirt at The Villages logo store (Kidding.)

idontcare-jpg
Old 01-11-2020, 04:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I believe the poster hit an 'e' but meant to hit an 'r'.

when me Schwartz and Gary Morse were in charge

when mr Schwartz and Gary Morse were in charge
Nah, its funnier with the e.
Old 01-11-2020, 05:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Nah, its funnier with the e.
He should have said "when Schartz, Gary Morse and I were in charge"

P.S. You gave me the kiss of death on my other post!
Old 01-11-2020, 06:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
The infrastructure implementation hasn't changed.
I believe what people have concluded is there are homes being built and there are rec centers under construction as well.....but not related to the completed homes/village or neighborhood.
Why would they change their proven process time and time again, over many, many, MANY years and thousands of homes built.....until now?
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, bridge, call, give, also, would

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.