Bridge parking

Closed Thread
Old 03-15-2011, 03:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,361 Times in 2,394 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleMN View Post
Beginning to seriously wonder if Villages is more hype than substance.
Maybe you should come see for yourself!
Old 03-15-2011, 03:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbrown View Post
I can honestly say I have never met any person, anywhere that has said anything this arrogant within my earshot. My reaction would have been to laugh out loud. After realizing they were serious, I would fix every ball mark, rake every trap for them for the rest of the day always blurting out "I GOT THAT" before I did.

After the round I would make sure the pro shop knew of him.....
Now I like that way to channel anger. Wonder if they would "get" it.

I have thought about having a card printed saying something like...

Most people are so annoyed and so angered when they see someone saving places. Most people are too polite or too timid to say anything. I am one of those people. Please consider the fact that hardly anyone likes what you are doing and are too kind or too afraid to say something..

signed. One of the silent majority...

And I have never run into that at the sunset place on the bridge. If I did, I would summon the girls...

And........I don't think you need worry about this place being hype. Have you been here? If not please come and see.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:04 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army Guy View Post
Although I really do not want to I have to totally agree......
TV has a totally different feel once they head back North.

Army Guy
Uhhh, Army Guy, aren't you still a snowbird?
Old 03-15-2011, 04:06 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Maybe you should come see for yourself!
We have...three years running now...and, overall, have loved it...but behaviors we've witnessed while there and things we've read here causes some concern. Of course, that probably would be the case anywhere. People just don't care enough about others.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:15 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetv View Post
In some places, especially in New England, many people were extremely rude and uppity toward "outsiders" they think were born in a log cabin without plumbing
Yup, you gotta watch out for those New Englanders, especially the Red Sox and Patriot fans. You just can't be too careful!
Old 03-15-2011, 04:18 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleMN View Post
Beginning to seriously wonder if Villages is more hype than substance.
This is Florida's friendliest home town, and I will tell you why. It is not because of the signs that proclaim it's friendliness. It's not because people are different down here. It is because lots of people like you and me make the extra effort every day. The only thing that makes this place special and the only thing that will keep this place special is the kindness we show to each other. I think it important to remember that even when faced with rude, pushy people. It is more difficult to take the high road, but in the end it is much more rewarding.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by brostholder View Post
This is Florida's friendliest home town, and I will tell you why. It is not because of the signs that proclaim it's friendliness. It's not because people are different down here. It is because lots of people like you and me make the extra effort every day. The only thing that makes this place special and the only thing that will keep this place special is the kindness we show to each other. I think it important to remember that even when faced with rude, pushy people. It is more difficult to take the high road, but in the end it is much more rewarding.
Brostholder....what you said is so right and so nice.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:08 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Old 03-15-2011, 07:16 PM
Default Mea Culpa

As a"seasonal resident" of 11 years please accept my profound regrets for clogging up "your"golf courses and" your"restaurants and"your"roads.My heart goes out to the"fulltimers"who are so severely incovenienced by our appearance every year.Perhaps you could prevail on the developer to build a separate area where you could segregate us.To the people who make an effort to befriend us thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army Guy View Post
I was told by one snowbird, that they should have priority on everything in TV since they are only here part of the year but still have to pay for the whole year as if fulltimers!!
Army Guy
That snowbird was mistaken. He/she does not have to pay for the whole year. He/she chose to buy here and snowbird. The rules still apply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfal View Post
I was told by a vacationer from Michigan who was here for Feb, March & April that he didn't have to rake sand traps or fix ballmarks because he's just renting and he paid for that privilege. What can you say to that kind of stupidity?
Whereas owners do not pay for the privilege? Congrats! You've met Mishugina from Michigan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Now I like that way to channel anger. Wonder if they would "get" it.

I have thought about having a card printed saying something like...

Most people are so annoyed and so angered when they see someone saving places. Most people are too polite or too timid to say anything. I am one of those people. Please consider the fact that hardly anyone likes what you are doing and are too kind or too afraid to say something..

signed. One of the silent majority...

And I have never run into that at the sunset place on the bridge. If I did, I would summon the girls...

And........I don't think you need worry about this place being hype. Have you been here? If not please come and see.
If the card doesn't work, I'll answer the summons.

Quote:
You are so right and I'm glad you said this. Rudeness is contagious-- and so is going out of your way to be kind and considerate. If we want to remain Florida's friendliest hometown, each of us needs to be on our most pro-actively friendly behavior. It catches on!

We all need to be more like Gracie!
Old 03-15-2011, 08:32 PM
Platinum member

I really don't think it makes any difference where someone is here from....North, South, East, or West. I don't know of anyone (might be tho) who was born in TV so that makes all of us from elsewhere by my reckoning. You have idiots from all areas and all walks of life anywhere. All I know is that they have got to be some mighty miserable folks. What a waste.

Besides, as ole Ron White says, "You just can't fix stupid!".
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
Old 03-15-2011, 08:46 PM
Smile

As a soon to be Full time resident of TV in 30 days and current resident of Orlando for the past twenty years. I at times have been so exasperated with the lack of consideration on the roads in Orlando. I gave serious consideration to creating a bumper sticker that procalimed "Thank you in advance for being courteous". I'm not the bumper sticker type but thought it might cause people to pause.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:49 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillywho View Post
I really don't think it makes any difference where someone is here from....North, South, East, or West. I don't know of anyone (might be tho) who was born in TV so that makes all of us from elsewhere by my reckoning. You have idiots from all areas and all walks of life anywhere. All I know is that they have got to be some mighty miserable folks. What a waste.

Besides, as ole Ron White says, "You just can't fix stupid!".
You know what they say... "You can fix anything with duct tape!" Just use your imagination a little!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 03-16-2011, 12:00 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
You know what they say... "You can fix anything with duct tape!" Just use your imagination a little!
Sounds like you need to see the Red Green Duct Tape Hall of Fame.

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/vid...VR5&FORM=LKVR4
Old 03-16-2011, 12:14 AM
Sage

Quote:
This is Florida's friendliest home town, and I will tell you why. It is because lots of people like you and me make the extra effort every day. The only thing that makes this place special and the only thing that will keep this place special is the kindness we show to each other. I think it important to remember that even when faced with rude, pushy people. It is more difficult to take the high road, but in the end it is much more rewarding.
brostholder, my sentiments exactly. If we all take the high road, this truly will become Paradise!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.