Anyone Used TV Relocation Office?

Closed Thread
Old 03-14-2011, 02:28 PM
Default Anyone Used TV Relocation Office?

We are using TV Relocation Office. When we sell our home in Delaware, they promised us a place to rent until we find a house or have a house built.

My question is: Since we are using TV Relocation Office, have a Village Real Estate Agent and will be renting one of their properties, can we contact an outside realtor?

When we visited last April, I was sure that I wanted a new designer home. After reading all the comments on TOTV about previously owned homes, we decided to check out all our options.

"Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first."
Old 03-14-2011, 02:49 PM
Sage

Relocation, while owned by TV, is a separate entity. We are with a relocation reccomended agent right now, and would not hesitate to use an outside real estate agent if the situation called for it.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:41 PM
Veteran member

By all means, contact an outside realtor to show you houses not listed by The Villages.

I used Village Relocation to find a good moving company and a Realtor. I used an outside agent to buy my resale house. I also used a Villages Property agent to see houses listed by The Villages.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:59 PM

We are using the relocation sevice now. We have signed on and they will be taking pictures in about 2 weeks when we want them tol Husband is in Florida now. We have to pack up what we took to the basement now.
Been working on thinning out for about a year. we have tidied and painted and repaired and done tons of things to the house. Our realtor reccomended a selling price of 4 thousand more than we expected. we are delighted. Sibcycline.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:52 PM
Veteran member

We used their service and found them to be very helpful. We listed our house with one of their recommended realtors but ultimately sold as a FSBO. We thought their mover estimates were high and went to another nation chain and saved almost $2,000. The relocation service did get us a good deal on a rental and set us up with a temporary mailing address.

You're not signing a contract for using this free service so you can take their recommendations or go elsewhere.
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logdog View Post
We used their service and found them to be very helpful. We listed our house with one of their recommended realtors but ultimately sold as a FSBO. We thought their mover estimates were high and went to another nation chain and saved almost $2,000. The relocation service did get us a good deal on a rental and set us up with a temporary mailing address.

You're not signing a contract for using this free service so you can take their recommendations or go elsewhere.
We went with the relocation department too, but will not rent with them. Do you have to rent with them to get the temporary address?
Old 03-15-2011, 02:31 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesotalyn View Post
We went with the relocation department too, but will not rent with them. Do you have to rent with them to get the temporary address?
No, you don't have to rent from them... they just fixed us up with a general delivery address at the Lady Lake Post Office.
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Old 03-15-2011, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logdog View Post
No, you don't have to rent from them... they just fixed us up with a general delivery address at the Lady Lake Post Office.
Now is this a PO Box or how does this work, my lady's not in today
Old 03-16-2011, 12:50 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Now is this a PO Box or how does this work, my lady's not in today
Not a PO Box... General Delivery. They hold your mail until you come to the counter and show ID.
Old 03-16-2011, 02:18 PM

Thanks logdog, hope your not banging your head because of me.
Old 03-16-2011, 03:24 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Thanks logdog, hope your not banging your head because of me.
It only hurts when I stop...
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.