Bridge parking

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 03-15-2011, 03:42 PM
Bogie Shooter Bogie Shooter is offline
Sage
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 14,380
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1,004 Times in 504 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleMN View Post
Beginning to seriously wonder if Villages is more hype than substance.
Maybe you should come see for yourself!
  #32  
Old 03-15-2011, 03:46 PM
graciegirl's Avatar
graciegirl graciegirl is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 38,139
Thanks: 2,822
Thanked 2,407 Times in 883 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbrown View Post
I can honestly say I have never met any person, anywhere that has said anything this arrogant within my earshot. My reaction would have been to laugh out loud. After realizing they were serious, I would fix every ball mark, rake every trap for them for the rest of the day always blurting out "I GOT THAT" before I did.

After the round I would make sure the pro shop knew of him.....
Now I like that way to channel anger. Wonder if they would "get" it.

I have thought about having a card printed saying something like...

Most people are so annoyed and so angered when they see someone saving places. Most people are too polite or too timid to say anything. I am one of those people. Please consider the fact that hardly anyone likes what you are doing and are too kind or too afraid to say something..

signed. One of the silent majority...

And I have never run into that at the sunset place on the bridge. If I did, I would summon the girls...

And........I don't think you need worry about this place being hype. Have you been here? If not please come and see.
  #33  
Old 03-15-2011, 04:04 PM
bluedog103's Avatar
bluedog103 bluedog103 is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Villages, FL
Posts: 1,436
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army Guy View Post
Although I really do not want to I have to totally agree......
TV has a totally different feel once they head back North.

Army Guy
Uhhh, Army Guy, aren't you still a snowbird?
__________________
New York State, Alabama, South Carolina, Texas, Italy.
  #34  
Old 03-15-2011, 04:06 PM
DaleMN DaleMN is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Brainerd, MN....TV soon I hope!!!
Posts: 1,756
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Maybe you should come see for yourself!
We have...three years running now...and, overall, have loved it...but behaviors we've witnessed while there and things we've read here causes some concern. Of course, that probably would be the case anywhere. People just don't care enough about others.
  #35  
Old 03-15-2011, 04:15 PM
bluedog103's Avatar
bluedog103 bluedog103 is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Villages, FL
Posts: 1,436
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetv View Post
In some places, especially in New England, many people were extremely rude and uppity toward "outsiders" they think were born in a log cabin without plumbing
Yup, you gotta watch out for those New Englanders, especially the Red Sox and Patriot fans. You just can't be too careful!
__________________
New York State, Alabama, South Carolina, Texas, Italy.
  #36  
Old 03-15-2011, 04:18 PM
brostholder's Avatar
brostholder brostholder is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kingfisher Villas in Pennecamp
Posts: 604
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleMN View Post
Beginning to seriously wonder if Villages is more hype than substance.
This is Florida's friendliest home town, and I will tell you why. It is not because of the signs that proclaim it's friendliness. It's not because people are different down here. It is because lots of people like you and me make the extra effort every day. The only thing that makes this place special and the only thing that will keep this place special is the kindness we show to each other. I think it important to remember that even when faced with rude, pushy people. It is more difficult to take the high road, but in the end it is much more rewarding.
  #37  
Old 03-15-2011, 04:45 PM
graciegirl's Avatar
graciegirl graciegirl is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 38,139
Thanks: 2,822
Thanked 2,407 Times in 883 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brostholder View Post
This is Florida's friendliest home town, and I will tell you why. It is not because of the signs that proclaim it's friendliness. It's not because people are different down here. It is because lots of people like you and me make the extra effort every day. The only thing that makes this place special and the only thing that will keep this place special is the kindness we show to each other. I think it important to remember that even when faced with rude, pushy people. It is more difficult to take the high road, but in the end it is much more rewarding.
Brostholder....what you said is so right and so nice.
  #38  
Old 03-15-2011, 05:08 PM
golf2140 golf2140 is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bonita
Posts: 1,862
Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brostholder View Post
This is Florida's friendliest home town, and I will tell you why. It is not because of the signs that proclaim it's friendliness. It's not because people are different down here. It is because lots of people like you and me make the extra effort every day. The only thing that makes this place special and the only thing that will keep this place special is the kindness we show to each other. I think it important to remember that even when faced with rude, pushy people. It is more difficult to take the high road, but in the end it is much more rewarding.
__________________
Villager from 2000 until they take me out in a small box!!!
  #39  
Old 03-15-2011, 07:16 PM
bargee bargee is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Villages Florida
Posts: 348
Thanks: 25
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Default Mea Culpa

As a"seasonal resident" of 11 years please accept my profound regrets for clogging up "your"golf courses and" your"restaurants and"your"roads.My heart goes out to the"fulltimers"who are so severely incovenienced by our appearance every year.Perhaps you could prevail on the developer to build a separate area where you could segregate us.To the people who make an effort to befriend us thank you from the bottom of my heart.
  #40  
Old 03-15-2011, 07:56 PM
Pturner's Avatar
Pturner Pturner is offline
Sage
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 7,066
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army Guy View Post
I was told by one snowbird, that they should have priority on everything in TV since they are only here part of the year but still have to pay for the whole year as if fulltimers!!
Army Guy
That snowbird was mistaken. He/she does not have to pay for the whole year. He/she chose to buy here and snowbird. The rules still apply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfal View Post
I was told by a vacationer from Michigan who was here for Feb, March & April that he didn't have to rake sand traps or fix ballmarks because he's just renting and he paid for that privilege. What can you say to that kind of stupidity?
Whereas owners do not pay for the privilege? Congrats! You've met Mishugina from Michigan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Now I like that way to channel anger. Wonder if they would "get" it.

I have thought about having a card printed saying something like...

Most people are so annoyed and so angered when they see someone saving places. Most people are too polite or too timid to say anything. I am one of those people. Please consider the fact that hardly anyone likes what you are doing and are too kind or too afraid to say something..

signed. One of the silent majority...

And I have never run into that at the sunset place on the bridge. If I did, I would summon the girls...

And........I don't think you need worry about this place being hype. Have you been here? If not please come and see.
If the card doesn't work, I'll answer the summons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brostholder View Post
This is Florida's friendliest home town, and I will tell you why. It is not because of the signs that proclaim it's friendliness. It's not because people are different down here. It is because lots of people like you and me make the extra effort every day. The only thing that makes this place special and the only thing that will keep this place special is the kindness we show to each other. I think it important to remember that even when faced with rude, pushy people. It is more difficult to take the high road, but in the end it is much more rewarding.
You are so right and I'm glad you said this. Rudeness is contagious-- and so is going out of your way to be kind and considerate. If we want to remain Florida's friendliest hometown, each of us needs to be on our most pro-actively friendly behavior. It catches on!

We all need to be more like Gracie!
  #41  
Old 03-15-2011, 08:32 PM
dillywho dillywho is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Summerhill
Posts: 1,764
Thanks: 125
Thanked 58 Times in 25 Posts
Default

I really don't think it makes any difference where someone is here from....North, South, East, or West. I don't know of anyone (might be tho) who was born in TV so that makes all of us from elsewhere by my reckoning. You have idiots from all areas and all walks of life anywhere. All I know is that they have got to be some mighty miserable folks. What a waste.

Besides, as ole Ron White says, "You just can't fix stupid!".
__________________
Lubbock, TX
Bamberg, Germany
Lawton, OK
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
  #42  
Old 03-15-2011, 08:46 PM
JeffBorn JeffBorn is offline
Member
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 43
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile

As a soon to be Full time resident of TV in 30 days and current resident of Orlando for the past twenty years. I at times have been so exasperated with the lack of consideration on the roads in Orlando. I gave serious consideration to creating a bumper sticker that procalimed "Thank you in advance for being courteous". I'm not the bumper sticker type but thought it might cause people to pause.
  #43  
Old 03-15-2011, 08:49 PM
skyguy79's Avatar
skyguy79 skyguy79 is offline
Eternal Member
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza
Posts: 5,576
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillywho View Post
I really don't think it makes any difference where someone is here from....North, South, East, or West. I don't know of anyone (might be tho) who was born in TV so that makes all of us from elsewhere by my reckoning. You have idiots from all areas and all walks of life anywhere. All I know is that they have got to be some mighty miserable folks. What a waste.

Besides, as ole Ron White says, "You just can't fix stupid!".
You know what they say... "You can fix anything with duct tape!" Just use your imagination a little!
__________________
ARE VILLAGERS OLD OR ARE THEY RECYCLED TEENAGERS
At my age rolling out of bed in the morning is easy.
Getting up off the floor is another story.
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
  #44  
Old 03-16-2011, 12:00 AM
K9-Lovers's Avatar
K9-Lovers K9-Lovers is offline
Soaring Eagle member
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany
Posts: 2,135
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
You know what they say... "You can fix anything with duct tape!" Just use your imagination a little!
Sounds like you need to see the Red Green Duct Tape Hall of Fame.

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/vid...VR5&FORM=LKVR4
__________________
K9-Lovers
  #45  
Old 03-16-2011, 12:14 AM
Barefoot's Avatar
Barefoot Barefoot is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Winters in TV, Summers in Canada.
Posts: 17,646
Thanks: 1,248
Thanked 170 Times in 120 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brostholder View Post
This is Florida's friendliest home town, and I will tell you why. It is because lots of people like you and me make the extra effort every day. The only thing that makes this place special and the only thing that will keep this place special is the kindness we show to each other. I think it important to remember that even when faced with rude, pushy people. It is more difficult to take the high road, but in the end it is much more rewarding.
brostholder, my sentiments exactly. If we all take the high road, this truly will become Paradise!
__________________
Barefoot At Last
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:18 AM.