Bridge parking

Closed Thread
Old 03-16-2011, 09:26 AM
Gold member
Location: Retired and living fulltime in The Village of Bonita!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog103 View Post
Uhhh, Army Guy, aren't you still a snowbird?
I don't know if you would consider me that, we are in TV about 10-15 days a month, and will start fulltime 1 July this year, as I retire 4 June. Start terminal leave 7 April, so will also be down more then the 10-15 days a month. Matter of fact heading down to TV for St Pats in a few hours!
We don't get much snow in Alabama! Just every once in awhile. And in the warmer months actually, TV is cooler then Alabama!

Army Guy
Old 03-16-2011, 11:51 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army Guy View Post
I don't know if you would consider me that, we are in TV about 10-15 days a month, and will start fulltime 1 July this year, as I retire 4 June. Start terminal leave 7 April, so will also be down more then the 10-15 days a month. Matter of fact heading down to TV for St Pats in a few hours!
We don't get much snow in Alabama! Just every once in awhile. And in the warmer months actually, TV is cooler then Alabama!

Army Guy
Just ribbing you a little Army Guy. I grew up in Alabama near Ft. Rucker. Two kinds of people we didn't like.1) Yankees and 2)Army guys. Army guys from the north were especially disliked.
Later on I became both. Go figure.
Believe it or not it's often hotter in New York during the summer than in TV. The humidity is usually much lower though. Same for Alabama. I have a lot of family in Florida, a little ways south of TV. As a kid I hated it when my parents made me go visiting during the summer. The heat was pretty similar but the humidity was much worse. Then in the afternoon often it would rain and cool things down some. I couldn't wait to get back north to Alabama. That was in the days before everything was air conditioned.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:15 PM
Gold member
Location: Retired and living fulltime in The Village of Bonita!

Quote:
Just ribbing you a little Army Guy. I grew up in Alabama near Ft. Rucker. Two kinds of people we didn't like.1) Yankees and 2)Army guys. Army guys from the north were especially disliked.
Later on I became both. Go figure.
Believe it or not it's often hotter in New York during the summer than in TV. The humidity is usually much lower though. Same for Alabama. I have a lot of family in Florida, a little ways south of TV. As a kid I hated it when my parents made me go visiting during the summer. The heat was pretty similar but the humidity was much worse. Then in the afternoon often it would rain and cool things down some. I couldn't wait to get back north to Alabama. That was in the days before everything was air conditioned.
Yes, I knew you where! Funny you bring up about the two kinds. That is exactly what my wife was told by her parents and look who she married, as I am both! But we are still strong going on 25 years.
Shoot the rain in the summer makes the humidity go through the roof!

Army Guy
Old 03-16-2011, 04:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
... I grew up in Alabama near Ft. Rucker...

...Believe it or not it's often hotter in New York during the summer than in TV...
I was stationed at Ft. Rucker in 1970 on tank hill, went to ATC school from July to November. What I mostly remember was going to PC every weekend, I think the whole beach was maybe 15 or 20 blocks back then. I never got back to Ft. Rucker, but I did live in Pensacola for six years and became real familiar with the panhandle.

I didn't get out in the local Ft. Rucker area too much, except once a carload of us went to an Enterprise drive-in to see a non-stop night of Clint Eastwood spaghetti westerns. Also, remember going to a Dothan theater to see "Woodstock".

I grew up in St. Petersburg in the 1960's and 70's and never remember seeing the temps go above 95 degrees, here in Baltimore we'll top a 100 degrees every summer a few times.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.