Bridgeport at Lake Sumter Gate Changes

Closed Thread
Old 06-26-2020, 01:44 PM
Default Bridgeport at Lake Sumter Gate Changes

Traveling on the golf cart path today approaching the entrance to Bridgeport at Lake Sumter the cart in front of me started to cross the street, Ternberry Forrest Drive, as a vehicle exiting Bridgeport approached the gate. The exiting vehicle approached the gate and slowed but never stopped, however the gate opened immediately. The cart had not cleared the roadway so the exiting vehicle laid on the horn. I was amazed at how quickly the gate opened as there had previously been a short delay in the gate opening when a vehicle approached, part of the fix to the ongoing traffic problems at that gate. As I passed across the exit road I noticed that the gate barrier has been shortened, allowing room for a golf cart to exit without having to stop. Wondering why the changes have been made, making this once again a dangerous intersection. Please be aware of these changes and take the appropriate precautions when crossing this intersection.
Old 06-26-2020, 04:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

The signs for golf carts are STOP and YIELD. Problem fixed.
Old 06-27-2020, 07:46 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
The signs for golf carts are STOP and YIELD. Problem fixed.

The use of common sense makes this a safe intersection.
Thanks for your Heads Up.
Old 06-28-2020, 04:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatlander View Post
Traveling on the golf cart path today approaching the entrance to Bridgeport at Lake Sumter the cart in front of me started to cross the street, Ternberry Forrest Drive, as a vehicle exiting Bridgeport approached the gate. The exiting vehicle approached the gate and slowed but never stopped, however the gate opened immediately. The cart had not cleared the roadway so the exiting vehicle laid on the horn. I was amazed at how quickly the gate opened as there had previously been a short delay in the gate opening when a vehicle approached, part of the fix to the ongoing traffic problems at that gate. As I passed across the exit road I noticed that the gate barrier has been shortened, allowing room for a golf cart to exit without having to stop. Wondering why the changes have been made, making this once again a dangerous intersection. Please be aware of these changes and take the appropriate precautions when crossing this intersection.
AHIP. Enough said.
Old 06-28-2020, 04:26 PM
Sage

Ahip?
Old 06-28-2020, 06:01 PM
John41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatlander View Post
The whole justification for gates was to increase golf cart safety so this is a hazard that needs to be fixed by requiring cars to come to a full stop.
I would call community watch as I think a private company maintains the gates. When we had a golf cart this was always a dangerous and uncomfortable intersection.
Old 06-28-2020, 07:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by John41 View Post
The whole justification for gates was to increase golf cart safety so this is a hazard that needs to be fixed by requiring cars to come to a full stop.
I would call community watch as I think a private company maintains the gates. When we had a golf cart this was always a dangerous and uncomfortable intersection.
Which gates actually cause a complete stop? More don’t than do.
Old 06-28-2020, 08:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,930 Times in 2,700 Posts

I go worried when I read the thread title that they put back those dam back jarring speed bumps.
Old 06-29-2020, 07:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
I go worried when I read the thread title that they put back those dam back jarring speed bumps.
Speed bumps need to be on the street not the cart path.
Closed Thread

Tags
gate, cart, vehicle, approached, exiting

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.