Problem With Handyman

Closed Thread
Old 05-13-2011, 04:27 PM
Default Problem With Handyman

Has anyone had any dealings with a handyman named Grant Palmer?
I've been waiting 4 weeks for him to install my glass shower door. He is the only person I have hired(from the Villages) who asked for money before starting the job. He keeps making excuses as to why he can't complete the job. I hope I'm being paranoid and there really is no problem. I would be greatful for any information about him.
Old 05-13-2011, 04:49 PM
Veteran member

See the thread Weed Busters Landscaping in the Landscape Talk section.

You probably learned a hard lesson; NEVER advance money to independents and small contractors "for materials", or whatever. If they are so broke that they can't afford to pay for materials at least until its delivered to your door, you probably shouldn't do business with them. Just think what else they probably can't afford, licenses, permits, workers comp ins., liability ins, making good on something that goes bad later, etc, etc.
If you want to advance payment for materials, go with them to The Home Depot, or where ever, and ride back to your home so it is delivered and in your posession.

Buy cheap, get cheap, or worse.
Old 05-14-2011, 05:14 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via MSN to Bryan

Old 05-14-2011, 06:14 AM

you need to find a new handy man. action Jackson is good
Old 05-14-2011, 07:26 PM
Default handyman

we used ray vig from the villages,
we went with him to home depot and purchased the construction items needed, we paid and he delivered the goods. after completion he was paid in full for his labor. satisfied. i found his name in the newspaper and our builder referred him as well as his excellent work. being new in the villages, we were lost when it came to hiring trades, but our builder and sales agent dropped a few names.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyliz View Post
Has anyone had any dealings with a handyman named Grant Palmer?
I've been waiting 4 weeks for him to install my glass shower door. He is the only person I have hired(from the Villages) who asked for money before starting the job. He keeps making excuses as to why he can't complete the job. I hope I'm being paranoid and there really is no problem. I would be greatful for any information about him.
Grant Palmer recently completed a job for us and the work was very good. The job took a little longer than we were originally told but the quality of the work was very good. I was a little taken back when he requested half of the job up front but everything worked out for us. I hired him based on a recommendation from a neighbor which I had seen his work and was good. I will, however, in the future not pay until the job is completed. Based on being around him and watching him work I would have to feel that he will get your job completed and I'm sure it will be to your satisfaction.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:02 PM
TOTV Moderator

Original post almost 2 years old. Thread will be closed.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.