If you could ask Mark Morse one Question!

Closed Thread
Old 03-21-2007, 03:43 PM
Founder
Default If you could ask Mark Morse one Question!

If you were one on one with Mark Morse in your home or in his office and you could tell him one thing or ask him one question, and you had his undivided attention, what would it be?
Old 03-21-2007, 07:14 PM
Sage
Default Re: If you could ask Mark Morris one Question!

I'd ask him for a candid and honest answer to what he sees the Villages looking like in 10-15 years, after buildout is finished. Will it look and feel and act like it does today or will it get old, worn down, expensive to maintain, and become a constant fight of homeowner vs CDD/VCDD management over budgets and costs? I'm hoping for the former but fear the latter.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:37 PM
Veteran member

I think Mr. Morse has a very clear idea what The Villages will look like in 10 to 15 years in terms of condition, population, economic demographic and boundary etc. Perhaps less clear is his vision of the properties (and businesses) that surround The Villages development area (and control to a large extent). My question relates to business development. The Villages will no longer sell land to businesses seeking to establish within The Villages boundaries. I've learned this from independent and very reliable sources. The Vlllages apparently will now only lease the land at a very hefty fee which often contributes to business owners rethinking locating here. Just examine the business development along the northern (neglected) side....this practice has severly squelched the continued development of the northern most perimeter along County Road 42. Less certain is the impact this "lease only" practice may have on business development south of CR 466A. If I had only one question to ask (but geez I have a lot more), it would be...why lease the land if it slows down business development? I think I know how he would respond....I just would like him to answer the question honestly if he's up to the challenge. ???
Hollywood, FL
Woodstock, GA
The Villages, FL
Old 04-02-2007, 09:48 AM

I would like Mr Morris to tell me why The Villages Sewage Treatment plants stink. I know enough about sewage treatment to know that if treated properly they will not have an odor. I'm surprised that anyone will play Bacall. It's discusting. >
Old 04-02-2007, 05:02 PM

Dear Group:

I don't think Mark Morris could answer your questions regarding the different issues up for discussion.

I believe you would prefer to ask those pertinent questions to Mr.Mark Morse!

We are here 5 years now, and all in all the family has done a very good job, we have no complaints.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:04 PM
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstwatchng
Dear Group:

I don't think Mark Morris could answer your questions regarding the different issues up for discussion.

I believe you would prefer to ask those pertinent questions to Mr.Mark Morse!

We are here 5 years now, and all in all the family has done a very good job, we have no complaints.
Thanks for the correction. I knew that but was not very careful in my first post.

JLK
Old 04-02-2007, 09:04 PM

So you spelled his name wrong : I think everyone knew who you were talking about.
Old 04-28-2007, 08:27 AM
Default Re: If you could ask Mark Morse one Question!

I would like to find out why Mr. Morse did not return the $65,000 that had been spent by The Villagers for common area charges for Mulberry Plaza. Without looking at the leases that the tenants at Mulberry Plaza signed, I would have to think the leases were "triple net" meaning tenant pays his proprtionate share of real estate taxes, insurance AND maintenance. Residents had paid for common area maintenance at Mulberry Plaza since its inception and it has since been rectified. However, my understanding is past monies spent on common area were not returned.
Honest mistake, fine...lots going on. However, Morse was collecting monies from tenants at Mulberry Plaza and Villagers were paying for maintenance.
Double dipping and not right.
VCCCD 4 told me they had bigger fish to fry with water retention issues. One issue has nothing to do with another.
Shame on him! Return the funds, the money is not yours nor would you miss it.
Or get a retired lawyer in the Villagers to fight for return of funds and give him a protion of what he wins in Court.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.