Brodie (aka Suicide) Knobs

Closed Thread
Old 10-19-2021, 07:18 PM

that's what we need, excessive speed and steering.. one way to keep the hospitals busy
Old 10-19-2021, 07:50 PM

This thread is pretty funny and strange overall. Just sayin'.
Old 10-19-2021, 10:32 PM
Default Brodie knob

It’s America, use knob if you want. Some states outlawed them because they can be unsafe when used with power steering. Since all of today’s automobiles have power steering, the knob has become obsolete for automobiles. But can be helpful on golf carts without power steering.
Old 10-20-2021, 11:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
Same reason many states outlawed them in cars. It allows the vehicle to turn quicker than the reflexes of the driver can respond. We call that common sense.
I expect in a car first of all in a crash, your head can hit the knob. It might also effect the air bag. In days of old before cars had power steering, you had a far bigger steering wheel and it took far more turns of the steering wheel to turn the wheels-mechanical advantage.
Old 10-24-2021, 02:21 PM
Default This thread really took me back some years......way back!! LoL!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzLoreleiLee View Post

This thread is pretty funny and strange overall. Just sayin'.
At first, I wasn't sure what the thread was about, cause I wasn't familiar with the term "Brodie" knob or suicide knob. We just called them steering wheel knobs. Anyway, back in the 60's, as kids, we'd all at one point or another go thru our dad's crap in the garage or the basement, you know......the boxes or foot lockers of WWII or Korean War stuff they brought back that we weren't supposed to mess with!!

Well, one of the things we found that got us all cracking up was this "knob" that at first we couldn't figure out what to do with, until one of the older kids cracked the code and took it out to a car in the garage. Well, we all rolled on the floor as we took turns turning the steering wheel and watched the Pin-Up Girl "undress" as the knob went from 10 o'clock to 6 o'clock!!! LoL!!! What a hoot that was!! And I was the king of the block for a long while after that, and of course, had to stash it in my shop class locker at school and show all the guys there as well!! Never forget that damn thing!! Had a whole different perspective of my Dad from then on.......
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, carts, golf, brodie, aka

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.