broken secuity gates!

Closed Thread
Old 06-17-2011, 10:12 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
Good one. Apparently they've tried that though and it didn't work. I think the barcode on our new Villages IDs should open the gate with no need for an extra card. Seriously.

Not seriously: If someone doesn't have an ID card, it should go something like this:

Driver: (pushes button)
Wizard of Ozgate: Who goes there?
Driver: I'm Sam. Sam I am.
Wizard: Villager or Visitor?
Driver: Visitor
Wizard: Friend or Foe?
Driver: Friend
Wizard: Do you need directions to your destination?
Driver: No, no, just let me through.
Wizard: Do you know the password?
Driver: Um, is it, 'It's a beautiful day in the Villages'?
Wizard: Carry on.
Gate: (opens)
I usually agree with you, PT, but I am not sure using our ID is a good idea. An ID card is usually carried in one's purse or wallet as it is used in numerous situations. I carry my gate card in a handy place in my car as that is the only place I use it. Digging an ID card out of a wallet or purse to open a gate can be awkward.

I lot of gates will open without opening the car window. Some are more sensitive than others and different windows may have an effect .
Old 06-17-2011, 10:41 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster View Post
I usually agree with you, PT, but I am not sure using our ID is a good idea. An ID card is usually carried in one's purse or wallet as it is used in numerous situations. I carry my gate card in a handy place in my car as that is the only place I use it. Digging an ID card out of a wallet or purse to open a gate can be awkward.

I lot of gates will open without opening the car window. Some are more sensitive than others and different windows may have an effect .
Excellent points, Downeaster. I had thought about using our ID barcode after it was announced that we'd have to go through the gates even in our golf carts. I too always keep my gate card handy in the car. However, I could just have a second gate card for my cart and wouldn't have to fish out my wallet for my ID card. I think you just changed my mind. Thanks.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.