Brooklyn Water Based Bagels

Closed Thread
Old 04-17-2011, 09:50 AM
Send a message via AIM to LovinItAtTheVillages Send a message via Yahoo to LovinItAtTheVillages
Default Brooklyn Water Based Bagels

does anyone know if the New Bagel Place..Brooklyn Water Based is open yet? or when its opening?? its on 27/441 near Tuesday Morning I think
Old 05-01-2011, 11:26 AM
Veteran member

The location is in the building containing Honey Baked Hams, Fantastic Sam's, etc at the corner closest to Kohl's. There are construction signs, but no opening day posted. I look forward to being able to buy real water bagels. The 'Brooklyn Water' idea is just a gimmick.
Old 05-13-2011, 06:25 PM
Veteran member
Default Brooklyn Water Bagels

I went by today. They are building out the inside walls. It's coming but coming slowly. I expect an August opening.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:50 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQMan View Post
The 'Brooklyn Water' idea is just a gimmick.
Why?
Old 05-13-2011, 08:23 PM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion

Quote:
Originally Posted by katezbox View Post
Why?
"Brooklyn Water" is really a trade name for an in-house purification process that is supposed to purify water to closely resemble real NY Brooklyn Water. Each franchisee has this purification apparatus in their store and uses it to create the water that is used to make the bagels and to fill bottles of "Brooklyn Water" for you to buy and drink.

I am really looking forward to the opening of this business. I thought Gandolfo's might be the "real thing" when it came to making a true tasting NY bagel, but I'm a little disappointed in the texture of Gandolfo's bagels. Hoping these are awesome. Time will tell.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:11 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katezbox View Post
Why?
Because Broolyn water comes from most everywhere except Brooklyn. There are reservoirs upstate and I think on Long Island as well.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.