Brownwood (all-wood) Apartments

Closed Thread
Old 10-05-2019, 11:56 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,297 Times in 535 Posts

I can see the need for the apartments and you can bet The Villages Developer has done his due diligence on construction of such. These will rent quickly IMHO regardless of price and no garage.
Old 10-05-2019, 12:01 PM
Sage

Problem with these apartments, 1) no secured garages 2) if you have a neighbor who has roaches--everyone gets roaches 3) hauling groceries to an apt via an elevator is a real pain--the Admiral wants to move into these apps.--I told her she has to wait till I'm dead--

We lived in a Palm Coast Condo for 8 months--too long-bailed & moved to TV
Old 10-05-2019, 12:09 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,297 Times in 535 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Problem with these apartments, 1) no secured garages 2) if you have a neighbor who has roaches--everyone gets roaches 3) hauling groceries to an apt via an elevator is a real pain--the Admiral wants to move into these apps.--I told her she has to wait till I'm dead--

“The Admiral wants to move into these apps and I told her she had wait till I’m dead”. It could come sooner rather than later.
Old 10-05-2019, 12:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrudentLifer View Post
I would think renting a home all year in TV would be a lot cheaper than renting these apartments. Either way, no maintenance for the tenant and full amenities.
I see no benefit to living in an apartment building unless it's in a downtown big city location.
When we were first married the tenants above us would practice their bowling with a real bowling ball.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
There will be enclosed garage spaces for some units. They are the 11 rectangles in this screen shot.

Some have already been built and can be seen in this video at about the 7:50 mark: The Villages 9-8-19 Construction Update Credit for video goes to Gold Wingnut Productions!
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	The Lofts.jpg
Views:	2176
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	81169  
Old 10-05-2019, 03:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

A wood sub-floor doesn't require a wood floor over it. They could put a layer of soundproofing down over the subfloor, followed by a thin layer of concrete, followed by a layer of cushioning, followed by a layer of carpeting. You might hear someone tapdancing on in the kitchen if there was a tile floor there, but that's about it.

As for "why rent" - every time people come to ToTV to ask advice about moving, the #1 recommendation is always "try renting for a year first." This offers an excellent alternative to renting a house, for folks who need that transitioning buffer. If you've always lived in city apartments/condos, and this will be your first actual single-family free-standing house, the Brownwood apartments are an excellent choice for that year's "tryout" of the Villages.
Old 10-05-2019, 10:31 PM

Are these apartments available to anyone or is it open only to 55 plus? If you rent one are you a villager and you pay the same amenities as home owners and have access to everything?
Old 10-06-2019, 06:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad-tv View Post
Are these apartments available to anyone or is it open only to 55 plus? If you rent one are you a villager and you pay the same amenities as home owners and have access to everything?
The amenity fee is supposedly built in to the rent. The developer owns the building. So theoretically the developer pays 100% of all units' amenity fee to the District. There is no bond per unit, and since it's just one building it'd theoretically be $901 impact fee they'd pay for the building. I don't know if there's an impact fee for the 11 garages but I doubt it.

From the blurb I read on the website, it is intended to be a rental-only version of the Villages, which means at least one person occupying the unit must be 55+.

They will have access to all Villages amenities, but they will also have amenities that are exclusively for them. This should result in fewer of them wanting to go to other pools and rec centers since they have their own that no one else is allowed to use.
Old 10-06-2019, 08:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad-tv View Post
Lofts at Brownwood bringing apartments with amenities to The Villages

Villages News - July 28, 2019

The Lofts at Brownwood, which for the first time will offer apartment living with full use of amenities in The Villages, has begun taking shape a stone’s throw from Paddock Square.

The Lofts at Brownwood will include 265 age-restricted apartment-style units. The residents of the apartments will have their own private resort-style pool, clubhouse and fitness center. They also will have a dog park. In addition, 100 percent of residents of the Lofts at Brownwood will have Villages amenities built into their rental fee.

As the apartment buildings rise, many are wondering what the future holds for apartment life in The Villages.

Condominiums and apartments will be allowed in the new Villages of Southern Oaks, a sprawling development that will stretch from U.S. 301 east nearly to County Road 470 on both sides of the Florida Turnpike.

Apartments and condominiums would squeeze more money out of the acreage it is located on and provide a steady income for The Villages.

However, some residents who bought homes, pay amenity fees and pay property taxes are not happy about the idea of apartments in The Villages.

The Villages Florida
Old 10-07-2019, 07:36 AM
Sage

FYI a 3 story building is not required to have a sprinkler system.
Old 10-07-2019, 07:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

Nothing to worry about. The buildings will have these finishing touches. The Villages FloridaThe Villages Florida

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 10-07-2019, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Nothing to worry about. The buildings will have these finishing touches. The Villages FloridaThe Villages Florida

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Perfect for outdoor gardens and a constant supply of high pressure water to feed them.

"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears..."
George Orwell
Old 10-07-2019, 10:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,952 Times in 1,706 Posts

Intensification means more money, but... for some of us, the historic area keeps looking better and better.
Old 10-07-2019, 10:21 AM

“In season” Forget Brownwood, You will never get in there !!!
WTF were they thinking.
$$$$$$$$$$$
Old 10-07-2019, 10:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,689 Times in 1,205 Posts

Should help justify the next square to happen sooner than later
Closed Thread

Tags
apartments, fire, buildings, brownwood, stairways

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.