Brownwood (all-wood) Apartments

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 10-05-2019, 11:15 AM

Great input from all, a sprinkler system for fire suppression should do it.

Old 10-05-2019, 11:25 AM
Sage

You can also bet that they will have fire risers allowing the Fire Dept to pump high pressure water to the upper floors.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2019, 11:27 AM
Sage

The wood construction is a standard building technique for a 3 story building. Even many hotels are constructed with wood. It should not present a fire hazard. The problem is that, if I were to live in the building, I would want a top floor unit. Otherwise, you will very likely have a noise problem with the people living above you, especially if the people above you are heavy. I have never seen a wood floor constructed in a way that will eliminate noise transmission to the unit below. Sometimes, they will install a thin concrete floor topping which doesn't work. And, over time the wood floor joists will start to squeak, and the noise problem will get worse. Just my opinion.
Old 10-05-2019, 11:46 AM

Default Brownwood (all-wood) Apartments

I would think renting a home all year in TV would be a lot cheaper than renting these apartments. Either way, no maintenance for the tenant and full amenities.
I see no benefit to living in an apartment building unless it's in a downtown big city location.
When we were first married the tenants above us would practice their bowling with a real bowling ball.

"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell

Last edited by PrudentLifer; 10-05-2019 at 11:51 AM.
Old 10-05-2019, 11:56 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrudentLifer View Post
I would think renting a home all year in TV would be a lot cheaper than renting these apartments. Either way, no maintenance for the tenant and full amenities.
I see no benefit to living in an apartment building unless it's in a downtown big city location.
When we were first married the tenants above us would practice their bowling with a real bowling ball.

"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell
I agree. It reminds me of people who worked in downtown Washington, DC, and would buy a townhouse 40 miles from work with more than an hour daily commute.
Old 10-05-2019, 11:56 AM
Sage

Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle

I can see the need for the apartments and you can bet The Villages Developer has done his due diligence on construction of such. These will rent quickly IMHO regardless of price and no garage.
Old 10-05-2019, 12:01 PM
Sage

Problem with these apartments, 1) no secured garages 2) if you have a neighbor who has roaches--everyone gets roaches 3) hauling groceries to an apt via an elevator is a real pain--the Admiral wants to move into these apps.--I told her she has to wait till I'm dead--

We lived in a Palm Coast Condo for 8 months--too long-bailed & moved to TV
The Following User Says Thank You to Chatbrat For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2019, 12:09 PM
Sage

Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Problem with these apartments, 1) no secured garages 2) if you have a neighbor who has roaches--everyone gets roaches 3) hauling groceries to an apt via an elevator is a real pain--the Admiral wants to move into these apps.--I told her she has to wait till I'm dead--

“The Admiral wants to move into these apps and I told her she had wait till I’m dead”. It could come sooner rather than later.
Old 10-05-2019, 12:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrudentLifer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
There will be enclosed garage spaces for some units. They are the 11 rectangles in this screen shot.

Some have already been built and can be seen in this video at about the 7:50 mark: The Villages 9-8-19 Construction Update Credit for video goes to Gold Wingnut Productions!
Attached Thumbnails
lofts-jpg  
Old 10-05-2019, 03:17 PM
Gold member

A wood sub-floor doesn't require a wood floor over it. They could put a layer of soundproofing down over the subfloor, followed by a thin layer of concrete, followed by a layer of cushioning, followed by a layer of carpeting. You might hear someone tapdancing on in the kitchen if there was a tile floor there, but that's about it.

As for "why rent" - every time people come to ToTV to ask advice about moving, the #1 recommendation is always "try renting for a year first." This offers an excellent alternative to renting a house, for folks who need that transitioning buffer. If you've always lived in city apartments/condos, and this will be your first actual single-family free-standing house, the Brownwood apartments are an excellent choice for that year's "tryout" of the Villages.

Tags
apartments, fire, buildings, brownwood, stairways