Brownwood bridge

Brownwood bridge

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Brownwood bridge
  #1  
Old 07-15-2019, 07:12 AM
joe & kathy joe & kathy is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 2
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Brownwood bridge

Is the bridge over 44 in place and usable to the square?
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old 07-15-2019, 07:46 AM
dewilson58's Avatar
dewilson58 dewilson58 is online now
Sage
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Posts: 4,613
Thanks: 40
Thanked 104 Times in 61 Posts
Default

nope
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #3  
Old 07-15-2019, 10:34 AM
kansasr kansasr is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 326
Thanks: 0
Thanked 10 Times in 2 Posts
Default

And even once in place, you won't be able to go anywhere because there are no roads on the other side yet.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-15-2019, 12:51 PM
davefin davefin is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Village of Hillsborough
Posts: 108
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Is it just me, or does it seem like they have built several thousand new homes in the time it takes to get a bridge ready for use.
__________________
"Always remember, your are unique, just like everyone else"
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to davefin For This Useful Post:
  #5  
Old 07-15-2019, 01:43 PM
FenneyFanatic FenneyFanatic is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: NJ, ME, FL
Posts: 84
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Seems to me that most of the folks "down south" are content to wait for connectivity. There's plenty to do down here. The folks who are upset about the pace of connectivity are mostly from the north. Why the rush? Aren't these the same folks who routinely disparage our southern communities?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FenneyFanatic For This Useful Post:
  #6  
Old 07-15-2019, 02:41 PM
ColdNoMore's Avatar
ColdNoMore ColdNoMore is online now
Sage
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Between 466 & 466A
Posts: 8,963
Thanks: 0
Thanked 50 Times in 36 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davefin View Post
Is it just me, or does it seem like they have built several thousand new homes in the time it takes to get a bridge ready for use.

It's not just you.

Pretty pathetic and shortsighted really...when one actually thinks about it.
__________________
Standing up for the underdog and against bullies...every chance I get.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-15-2019, 02:46 PM
biker1 biker1 is offline
Platinum member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,838
Thanks: 0
Thanked 31 Times in 21 Posts
Default

Who knows what exactly was involved, and how long it took, in getting the pieces together to provide golf cart access to the areas south of 44. Should they have waited 3+ years on the golf cart access to begin construction of new homes and amenities? I doubt you were privy to what was involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post

It's not just you.

Pretty pathetic and shortsighted really...when one actually thinks about it.

Last edited by biker1; 07-15-2019 at 02:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-15-2019, 03:08 PM
ColdNoMore's Avatar
ColdNoMore ColdNoMore is online now
Sage
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Between 466 & 466A
Posts: 8,963
Thanks: 0
Thanked 50 Times in 36 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
Who knows what exactly was involved, and how long it took, in getting the pieces together to provide golf cart access to the areas south of 44. Should they have waited 3+ years on the golf cart access to begin construction? I doubt you were privy to what was involved.
Conversely, I doubt that you were privy to the planning/permitting process either (which given the family's track record of long-horizon development, 'Villages South' has undoubtedly been on the drawing board for quite a while) and don't have any idea if it would take 3+ years...to accomplish golf cart access.

History has shown that Da Family is far from inept at generating revenue and since golf cart paths don't directly result in Benjamin's...it obviously wasn't at the top of their list.

Selling houses, and whatever effort it takes to accomplish that...is/was their primary concern.

__________________
Standing up for the underdog and against bullies...every chance I get.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-15-2019, 03:10 PM
dewilson58's Avatar
dewilson58 dewilson58 is online now
Sage
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Posts: 4,613
Thanks: 40
Thanked 104 Times in 61 Posts
Default

Nothing pathetic or shortsighted.................the project is right on schedule. Everything going as planned.


The people (I've met) in Fenney seem very happy with what they have. Some day with will be connected North by golf cart and then they can decide if they travel North.


I'm in no rush to travel South. Some day I will.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-15-2019, 03:32 PM
biker1 biker1 is offline
Platinum member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,838
Thanks: 0
Thanked 31 Times in 21 Posts
Default

I have no knowledge of how they operate and neither do you but I am not the one criticizing the Developer (with words like shortsighted and pathetic) for something you don't have a clue about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Conversely, I doubt that you were privy to the planning/permitting process either (which given the family's track record of long-horizon development, 'Villages South' has undoubtedly been on the drawing board for quite a while) and don't have any idea if it would take 3+ years...to accomplish golf cart access.

History has shown that Da Family is far from inept at generating revenue and since golf cart paths don't directly result in Benjamin's...it obviously wasn't at the top of their list

Selling houses, and whatever effort it takes to accomplish that...is/was their primary concern.

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bridge, usable, place, square, brownwood

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:57 PM.