Brownwood Farmers Market needs your help

Closed Thread
Old 08-17-2015, 05:56 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydealmaker View Post
I know several locals farmers who take their produce to these wholesale markets.
Thanks, Indy.
Old 08-17-2015, 07:34 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPaLarry View Post
One "Good" thing!!! You can get to Brownwood by golf cart!!!!
If you have two hours to kill. But hey, what's the hurry? You're retired, right?
Old 08-17-2015, 07:37 AM
Soaring Eagle member

It's business. If they offer good value, and a product in demand, they will survive. If not, they will close.
Old 08-17-2015, 08:21 AM

Well, the guacamole is made right in front of you. That is about as fresh as it can get. Ohhhhhh, nooooooo, those beautiful avocados are not local. -- She said with a little sarcasm. Shame on her. -- Maybe buy some (and the chips, too) at the end of your visit, take it home, and make some sangria later to go with it.

We always start the visit to Brownwood with a crepe for breakfast.

I usually find something at the produce stands, too.

The markets are a nice addition to the squares. I want to see them continue.......Ever heard anybody &$@#%-ing about empty commercial space in stripmalls and big malls, and even our squares, while ordering everything for themselves online? -- The Irony Principle. -- When we are in TV, I buy books at B&N. That is not easy to do elsewhere anymore. I sure hope B&N stays at LSL....Whoops.....I digress....

Morning-version-of-sort-of-snotty Laurie2

Last edited by Laurie2; 08-17-2015 at 08:55 AM.
Old 08-17-2015, 11:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
If you have two hours to kill. But hey, what's the hurry? You're retired, right?
2 hours?
Old 08-17-2015, 11:25 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
2 hours?
If you live in the north end of town and drive a cart, I think roundtrip it's 2 hours.
I asked before and don't think anyone answered my question. Are the veggie vendors in Spanish Springs on thursday the same ones at Brownwood?
Old 08-17-2015, 11:50 AM
Platinum member

It appears that many of the vendors sell at both locations.

I have enjoyed fresh crepes made by Jorge at both locations- although if he is booked for a private event he will sometimes miss a market day.
Old 08-22-2015, 06:02 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
If you live in the north end of town and drive a cart, I think roundtrip it's 2 hours.
I asked before and don't think anyone answered my question. Are the veggie vendors in Spanish Springs on thursday the same ones at Brownwood?
I think they are. because when I went to Spanish Springs, I saw 3 of the same vendors that work out of Brownwood. Of course, I don't know them all, but the ones I frequent, I noticed. I myself, enjoy the cart ride to Brownwood, even though it takes a good 40 minutes from Caroline. I just don't buy frozen shrimp that day. hehehe
Closed Thread

Tags
brownwood, win, farmers, market, slow, year, giving, product, vendor, lose, helps, check, fruit, sat, promote, morning, shop, stands, vegetable, week, stores, hit, time

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.