Brownwood location- what were they thinking?!!

Closed Thread
Old 01-28-2012, 07:16 AM
Veteran member

I guess it really doesn't affect me.

Our closest "neighborhood" town square is Spanish Springs (3 miles), so we usually go there for entertainment, dining, or just a nice walk around the square.

Occasionally (usually if there is a movie we want to see that is not offered in Spanish Springs or if we need a fix for our Starbuck's addiction) we'll head over to LSL.

I imagine that we will ocassionally make the trek to Brownwood, but I really feel like SS is our neighborhood downtown so I'm perfectly content going there the large majority of the time.

The distance really doesn't bother me. We regularly take day trips to Crystal River, Mt. Dora, Cedar Key, Clearwater, Orlando, St. Augustine etc. so a 20-25 minute jaunt to Brownwood doesn't seem like that big a deal (asuming there is anything there that I feel compelled to visit).

"Growing older but not up." J. Buffett

Coral Gables, FL, Bahamas, Belize, Wilmington, NC, Bocas del Toro, Panama and finally The Villages
Old 01-28-2012, 07:29 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijusluvit View Post
Here's a guess for you:
The Morse's have purchased large tracts of land between Rt 44 and the Turnpike.
That would be cool! Who knows.................????

Bill
Old 01-28-2012, 08:01 AM

A lot of people think that they are a lot better than everyone else.
drd
Old 01-28-2012, 08:09 AM
Eternal Member

The Villages owns a lot more property heading out that way. I would think Brownwood is out there for that reason.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:10 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
I agree. Also, most people in Wildwood are good people.
Exactly .....
Old 01-28-2012, 08:13 AM

Anybody who makes as much noney as the Morse family has a pretty good idea of what they are doing
drd
Old 01-28-2012, 08:35 AM
Veteran member
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James
Default Yes to Village of St. James

...and if you're lucky enough to live in the wonderful Village of St. James, you'll have the best of both worlds.
We are about halfway between LSL and Brownwood.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:36 AM
Sage

A contractor doing work on my home a few weeks ago mentioned something like: "TV has purchased 2500 acres for 400 million dollars". He wasn't exactly sure of the location but did say that he heard it was abutting the new 'south' area of TV. The math seems a little high but that is what he said.

Anyone else heard this?
Old 01-28-2012, 08:41 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimdawg View Post
...and if you're lucky enough to live in the wonderful Village of St. James, you'll have the best of both worlds.
We are about halfway between LSL and Brownwood.
We bought a resale in Largo because it is a central location between SS and Brownwood!
Old 01-28-2012, 08:44 AM
Veteran member
Location: Clinton, CT Sarasota, FL, The Villages - July 10, 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdodge View Post
Anybody who makes as much noney as the Morse family has a pretty good idea of what they are doing
drd
Too!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-28-2012, 08:54 AM
Sage

God-willing we are still living 10 years from now...we'll all be amazed at the developement that currently "isn't". I was in on a conversation the other day and heard that folks who live in Spanish Springs area think anything south of LSl is "far". So what?? They have their town square and shopping areas up there. What's happening on 44 will be for the south-end mostly. Wildwood will fare well with all the commerce.

When we first moved here 2 1/2 years ago, we heard that this tri-county area is/was very, very depressed and the folks living in it b/4 TV were VERY happy to have "us" all come here because of the opportunity TV has given them. THINK the jobs etc. I haven't gotten the privilege to chat with anyone who bought in "the historic" side maybe 20 years ago and have watched all the progress. Wonder what their thoughts are??!!! But I have chatted with folks who bought in Mallory some years back who are amazed at all that's gone in south of them in a few short years! We're privilege to have such a place as The Villages to retire to!!! Don't know why "some" have to find negativity and criticism in LIFE!!!!
Old 01-28-2012, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
God-willing we are still living 10 years from now...we'll all be amazed at the developement that currently "isn't". I was in on a conversation the other day and heard that folks who live in Spanish Springs area think anything south of LSl is "far". So what?? They have their town square and shopping areas up there. What's happening on 44 will be for the south-end mostly. Wildwood will fare well with all the commerce.

When we first moved here 2 1/2 years ago, we heard that this tri-county area is/was very, very depressed and the folks living in it b/4 TV were VERY happy to have "us" all come here because of the opportunity TV has given them. THINK the jobs etc. I haven't gotten the privilege to chat with anyone who bought in "the historic" side maybe 20 years ago and have watched all the progress. Wonder what their thoughts are??!!! But I have chatted with folks who bought in Mallory some years back who are amazed at all that's gone in south of them in a few short years! We're privilege to have such a place as The Villages to retire to!!! Don't know why "some" have to find negativity and criticism in LIFE!!!!
I absolutely agree!
Old 01-28-2012, 09:17 AM
Eternal Member

It's my understanding that the Villages owns property all the way to Coleman.
Old 01-28-2012, 09:21 AM

I haven't had the experience of retirement yet but I thought that part of the idea is that my time is my own. I can be as busy or as lazy as I want. I think that going by golf cart or driving anywhere in TV is part of the adventure no matter how near or far. Just saying !!!!
Old 01-28-2012, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
A contractor doing work on my home a few weeks ago mentioned something like: "TV has purchased 2500 acres for 400 million dollars". He wasn't exactly sure of the location but did say that he heard it was abutting the new 'south' area of TV. The math seems a little high but that is what he said.

Anyone else heard this?
A large Villages contactor also told me 15 months ago that their employees were all told not to worry about when the Villages buildout would end because there was another huge residential development project already planned for south and west of Wildwood out Rt 44 for several square miles (I foget how many but something that would provide jobs for a 5-10 year period). This project was awaiting the buildout of The Villages to be completed which would free up the construction workers for the new project.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.