Brownwood soft opening Friday10/12?

Closed Thread
Old 10-12-2012, 08:04 AM
Gold member

Shhhhh.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:25 AM

As of 8:45 AM the cart path was open. It took 16 minutes to travel from Sterling Heights Rec Center (St. James) to the Barnstorm movie theater.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:39 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,312 Times in 545 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tghoul View Post
As of 8:45 AM the cart path was open. It took 16 minutes to travel from Sterling Heights Rec Center (St. James) to the Barnstorm movie theater.
Thanks for posting this information!
Old 10-12-2012, 08:55 AM
Default Wildwood Growers Market?

Does anyone know of Wildwood Growers Market will be at Brownwood tomorrow (Saturday AM?) I heard they are moving the market there (from the Courthouse Square location). Tomorrow or next week? I wish it was getting more publicity. Please support them when they come!!!
Old 10-12-2012, 09:09 AM

Big ad on page A7 in today's Daily Sun about 'Brownwood Farmers Market' every Saturday (starting tomorrow) at the Paddock Square in Brownwood. 35 local vendors - so I imagine this is the former Wildwood Farmers market. It is supposed to be open from 9-2
Old 10-12-2012, 09:09 AM
Default Brownwood Opens

It's in the paper today (10/12/12) -- Brownwood opens today .... but is the cart path open?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cquick View Post
if they are having a soft opening, what good would it do them without some PR? I really haven't heard anything nor seen anything new in the paper....hmmmmmmmm
Old 10-12-2012, 09:13 AM

Brownwood opening tonight, it's in the paper. Anyone know if you can get there by cart? Tried last weekend but couldn't get all the way there.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:16 AM
Sage

Check post # 32
Old 10-12-2012, 09:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

from an email from a reliable source:

"...Those of you that are familiar with a "soft opening" know that there will be no advertising of this... it is a way to let those who know about it participate while they work the "kinks" out... a formal ribbon-cutting grand opening will follow at a later date...."

Those who do venture down yonder, keep in mind "Brownwood open" is not exactly correct.....it is only phase I of who knows how many, so there will be areas of in-completeness looking with construction around the edges.

For those who gotta go, have fun and let us know what you think.

As an aside, if you watched the video....I think episode 10 where they update Brownwood progress; I found it very unusual that the Morse family did the interview. They have been since the beginning a very low profile, little if any publicity, rare to even ever see a photo of them. And now a full blown happy family venue promoting Brownwood. There are not very many actions taken by the developer family that are inconsistent...this interview is....in my opinion. While it was interesting, I wonder why now? (not intended to be a negative aspect what so ever, I am always intrigued by changes to a methodology).

btk
Old 10-12-2012, 09:48 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post

As an aside, if you watched the video....I think episode 10 where they update Brownwood progress; I found it very unusual that the Morse family did the interview. They have been since the beginning a very low profile, little if any publicity, rare to even ever see a photo of them. And now a full blown happy family venue promoting Brownwood. There are not very many actions taken by the developer family that are inconsistent...this interview is....in my opinion. While it was interesting, I wonder why now? (not intended to be a negative aspect what so ever, I am always intrigued by changes to a methodology).

btk
I found it odd too, almost bordered on pandering. (God knows theses people don't need to.) I get the impression that the Brownwood name has a very emotional attachment to these people and frankly I find the name a bit bland, not in character with the rest of the joint.

Y'know that part of your brain that tells you "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I think I'm missing it.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
from an email from a reliable source:

" . . .

btk
Gary Morse is the family member who is never seen. His son (Mark) and daughters are very visible, do the yearly town meeting, and show up in many of the V-Mail videos.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGx2 View Post
Brownwood opening tonight, it's in the paper. Anyone know if you can get there by cart? Tried last weekend but couldn't get all the way there.
read earlier posts.....................
Old 10-12-2012, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tghoul View Post
How fast does your cart go? Mine goes the LEGAL 19.9 mph. Can I get there in 16 minutes?
Old 10-12-2012, 12:30 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,312 Times in 545 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimivillager View Post
How fast does your cart go? Mine goes the LEGAL 19.9 mph. Can I get there in 16 minutes?
Just got back from Brownwood to Village of Sanibel right at 15 minutes @ 20 mph. Brownwood is a great addition to TV and will be even more so when completed.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:39 PM
Gold member

I was at Brownwood this morning. Nice but not much is open. Just the bank, cart store, Logo store (like the mercantile) and theater. A barbque trailer is set up and a stand for City Fire. The barbque trailer and City Fire stand were not open but will probably be open this afternoon. There is construction going on at the real City Fire but I didn't see any indication of anything else on the way.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.