Building a new home...

Closed Thread
Old 02-22-2010, 11:14 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Building a new home...

We are actively evaluating our housing options in TV. We have looked at both pre-owned and new homes; each with their own pluses and minuses.

I'm curious how long it takes to build a new home. I would be interested in any information, concerning the building of a new home and the length of time it takes from signing the deal to moving in. We're looking at the Gardenia, Lantana and Natchez homes, if that makes a difference in construction time.

I have not asked my Sales Rep. this questions yet, since I felt I'd get a better cross-section of responses here.

Thanks, in advance, for your help.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:37 AM
Gold member

You will probably find that the time to build your house (from ground breaking to completion) and the time to close on it are significantly different. Our street was recently completed and it was amazing how fast they could put up a house (I'm guessing about 45 days). However, the time that they give you for closing is usually around 3 months or a bit more (we signed our contract on approx. 7/22 and closed on 10/31.) It took them several weeks before they actually broke ground (probably getting permits, etc. in place) and they were finished with the house in early October.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:10 PM

Why don't you ask your sales person? If you don't trust your salesperson ask for another one.
Old 02-22-2010, 01:41 PM
Gold member

We are building in Pennecamp, The Bridgeport Model. We signed final papers Dec 31 and the house was started mid January. At the time we signed the final papers they gave us our closing date of March 26th. House is moving along fast and positive we will make our closing date. The Villages does not miss a closing date from what everyone has told us. When we were looking we were quoted about 77 to 85 days for the whole process. Good Luck!

Nothing so needs reforming as other peoples habits. "Mark Twain"
Old 02-22-2010, 01:49 PM
Sage

Hi memason,

We purchased a re-sale, so I can't answer your question. Just want to tell you that I'm excited for you and wish you all the best in finding your dreamhome in TV. We're so glad that you are coming!
Old 02-22-2010, 01:49 PM

WE have been down twice looking for our new home ..We are planning on a Gardinia or Lantana --Salesman told us max 90 days from signature to closing.

Good Luck

Old 02-23-2010, 10:57 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Thanks for the input....

Thanks everyone for the input.... In the past, we have had a few issues with builders promising one thing and delivering another...namely "when" they will be finished. It appears that the builders, in TV, are more consistent in their build times, so it's likely something we can depend on.

90 days is reasonable and something to plan to...

We're flying back to the States [to visit] and will be in TV May 16 ~ 21 for a final house hunting and playing trip....

Thanks again!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.