Building in Village of Citrus Grove

Closed Thread
Old 05-21-2021, 06:31 AM
Default Building in Village of Citrus Grove

I am looking to move to T.V. Currently, new sales are in Citrus Grove. I just put a deposit on a lot on danielson loop behind a retention pond in line with hole number 3 on the southern oaks golf course. After placing the deposit, I noticed that there was a light green area on the map which indicates non village property. It is located a little below hole number 5 on the golf course. I asked my salesman what will be put there. He keeps saying he is looking into it. Within two days, I must wire transfer my next check to him. I am concerned. I watched a drone video and it looks like the green area will be a power station. It seems to be about 1/4 mile away from my location on Danielson on loop. How dangerous is that. Will there be high towers which will be seen from my location? Also, wondering if I will hear noise from the tpke. And the new ezell rec center, something I did not see originally. If I cancel now, I would only lose $2500 versus $10,000. Please help!
Old 05-21-2021, 07:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

OP we were down day before they went public. We walked all the sites that were on the course. Only a few you could hear a low drone from the turnpike. Except for the 2 unsold pie shape that backs to road, and the two lots that have what looks like a path between houses, we didn’t find anything about the lots we didn’t like. The views are great of the course, and sawgrass is just down the street. At this time there are only 5 lots not sold.
I didn’t notice the green space you are speaking of. Your rep should be able to go to your lot and zoom with you, as he walks the lot.
If your rep can’t answer, not sure if you can get an answer higher up.
Old 05-21-2021, 07:57 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,780 Times in 728 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgal44 View Post
I am looking to move to T.V. Currently, new sales are in Citrus Grove. I just put a deposit on a lot on danielson loop behind a retention pond in line with hole number 3 on the southern oaks golf course. After placing the deposit, I noticed that there was a light green area on the map which indicates non village property. It is located a little below hole number 5 on the golf course. I asked my salesman what will be put there. He keeps saying he is looking into it. Within two days, I must wire transfer my next check to him. I am concerned. I watched a drone video and it looks like the green area will be a power station. It seems to be about 1/4 mile away from my location on Danielson on loop. How dangerous is that. Will there be high towers which will be seen from my location? Also, wondering if I will hear noise from the tpke. And the new ezell rec center, something I did not see originally. If I cancel now, I would only lose $2500 versus $10,000. Please help!

Personally, I would run, not walk away from that deal. First of all, your realtor should have advised you by now for what purpose that property is designated or who owns it. It’s not brain surgery and if we have learned anything in our long lives it is not to buy next to or near vacant property. Who knows, maybe it will be a dog park!
Old 05-21-2021, 08:12 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,671 Times in 625 Posts

Quote:
I just put a deposit on a lot on danielson loop behind a retention pond in line with hole number 3 on the southern oaks golf course. After placing the deposit, I noticed that there was a light green area on the map which indicates non village property. It is located a little below hole number 5 on the golf course. I asked my salesman what will be put there. He keeps saying he is looking into it.
All he has to do is drive down there and look at it. We rode our bikes thru there on Sunday. The open space has some kind of nasty looking electric transformers or something like that, but nothing tall. They are planning to build houses very close to it. I don't think it would affect your new house on Danielson.

Quote:
Also, wondering if I will hear noise from the tpke.
We rode our bikes along Danielson. The views of the new course are beautiful but some houses may be hit by wayward golf shots from hole #7. Yes, you will hear noise from the turnpike.

We will probably ride our bikes out there on Sunday so we can take some pictures and send them to you if you can describe exactly where your lot is.

Quote:
If I cancel now, I would only lose $2500 versus $10,000. Please help!
In April 2016, we put down $10K to reserve a lot. When we got here in May, we had the option of changing to a different lot or using the money to buy an existing new home, commonly called a 'spec' home. We kept the lot we had reserved, saw a designer on July 9th to finalize our plans for a new house, and moved into the new house Oct 1.

At least that is how things worked five years ago.

Last edited by VApeople; 05-21-2021 at 08:41 AM.
Old 05-21-2021, 08:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces4 View Post
Personally, I would run, not walk away from that deal. First of all, your realtor should have advised you by now for what purpose that property is designated or who owns it. It’s not brain surgery and if we have learned anything in our long lives it is not to buy next to or near vacant property. Who knows, maybe it will be a dog park!
I would find a person who knows how to use a Drone with a camera.

All the new areas I have seen have hidden underground power lines. Ours does too, it is ten years old and our first home here had hidden power lines fifteen years ago.

I would not be afraid of being hoodwinked. The sales reps can sell as many homes as they have time for. They don't have to slip one by anybody.

Any homes near it you can find on Trulia or Realtor.com and see images?
Old 05-21-2021, 08:23 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,780 Times in 728 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

All the new areas I have seen have hidden underground power lines. Ours does too, it is ten years old and our first home here had hidden power lines fifteen years ago.

I would not be afraid of being hoodwinked. The sales reps can sell as many homes as they have time for. They don't have to slip one by anybody.

I think that’s a reach, Graciegirl, not to be diligent in your research because you wouldn’t be “hoodwinked”. We’ve both been here long enough to remember the stories of the train noise, sewer station aromas and retention ponds that are allowed to go back to nature and none of the future owners were advised of these issues prior to purchasing.
Old 05-21-2021, 08:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,689 Times in 1,205 Posts

There is no "perfect" lot, all have compromises depending on your preferences.

The average Villager moves 3 times. The way prices are increasing, the financial risk is low if you find a location you like better 1+ year from now.
Old 05-21-2021, 08:43 AM

land in question belongs to Florida Power,
Old 05-21-2021, 08:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,689 Times in 1,205 Posts

Quote:

The utilities can do mostly what ever they want on their easements.

SECO recently added power distribution poles/lines after homes were sold in Chitty Chatty.

A large gasline clean out station is being built near the turnpike at Monarch Grove after homes were sold.

So there is risk if the area in question becomes a power distribution facility.
Old 05-21-2021, 09:02 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,566 Times in 922 Posts

Also, consider whether or not you want to be on a golf course. 7 days a week, 365 from 7AM to 3 or 4PM, you will have people in your back yard. Make sure you are at a location “in between” 2 shots (i.e. not where a typical drive might land)
Old 05-21-2021, 10:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces4 View Post
I think that’s a reach, Graciegirl, not to be diligent in your research because you wouldn’t be “hoodwinked”. We’ve both been here long enough to remember the stories of the train noise, sewer station aromas and retention ponds that are allowed to go back to nature and none of the future owners were advised of these issues prior to purchasing.

Train noise you say? Retention ponds going back to nature? Sewer station aromas.

Boy Howdy. I remember them. Folks back then had eyes, ears, and noses too. Wonder how Jan likes Plant City?
Old 05-21-2021, 11:46 AM
Gold member

Quote:

The new areas south of 44 have huge A frame power lines, front and center.Its difficult to find a new home without some sort of power line in plain view, trust me, we have been looking. But some people don't seem to mind them, we do.
Old 05-21-2021, 12:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,937 Times in 5,277 Posts

Amazing that people pay huge amounts for lots and do not pay much attention to their surroundings when doing so.

Why would anyone want to build near an Interstate or huge power lines?

Would definitely pay more for a better location.
Old 05-21-2021, 12:53 PM
Default Citrus Grove

It appears that the back of your house (lanai) will face the Turnpike based on the description of your location. The Turnpike is on the opposite side of the golf course and you will definitely hear Turnpike noise. Your lot may have a pretty view of the golf course but the constant noise from the Turnpike would be a deal breaker for us.
Old 05-21-2021, 01:47 PM

We chose Bradford because it was far enough away from the turnpike that at least so far we've never heard it even late at night when things are quiet. We also weren't keen on power lines which we also avoided in Bradford. We're not on a pond, but otherwise the perfect spot for us.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, village, citrus, number, hole

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.