Building in Village of Citrus Grove

Closed Thread
Old 05-21-2021, 02:17 PM

The lot is not on the golf course. It’s in the middle of Danielson with the back of lot facing a retention pond. The cross street is near james street. At the end of Danielson I’d the golf course.
Old 05-21-2021, 02:38 PM
Default Building in village of citrus grove

The lot is not on the golf course. It’s in the middle of Danielson and at the middle of pond with the back of lot facing a retention pond. The cross street is near james street. At the end of Danielson, is the golf course. The only lots available large enough to hold a three car garage, with a view, not on a corner, or near electrical towers, we’re in citrus grove. We’ve been looking since October. There was Always an issue, such as towers in back yard, cart path practically in the back yard, kissing lanais, too close to rec centers, etc.
Old 05-21-2021, 05:05 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,323 Times in 1,439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post
The new areas south of 44 have huge A frame power lines, front and center.Its difficult to find a new home without some sort of power line in plain view, trust me, we have been looking. But some people don't seem to mind them, we do.
There are hundreds if not thousands of homes down here that do not have a view of a power line. Look a little harder they are all over the place. Start with Fenney, the most populous of all villages and the only power lines are on 468 which only a hand full of the hundreds of homes here can see, same goes for DeSoto and most of McClure, on the other side of the Turnpike there are Bradford, Hawkins, and parts of St. Catherine, the south side of Linden and West side of Monarch Grove also come to mind.
Old 05-22-2021, 05:00 AM
Veteran member

You should be ready to hear turnpike noise and watch the traffic.
Old 05-22-2021, 05:45 AM
Veteran member

salespeople have a way of avoiding questions that will impact sales. Take Coleman prison for instance. I asked salespeople about the rumor of a prison near Fenney and I was told....what prison? I don't know anything about a prison. And there was the quarry that no one mentioned....blasting constantly. Buyer Beware!!
Old 05-22-2021, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie0723 View Post
The utilities can do mostly what ever they want on their easements.

SECO recently added power distribution poles/lines after homes were sold in Chitty Chatty.

A large gasline clean out station is being built near the turnpike at Monarch Grove after homes were sold.

So there is risk if the area in question becomes a power distribution facility.
The poles were swapped with newer, more capable poles. There were none “added.”
Old 05-22-2021, 06:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts

Don’t rely on your salesman. The Villages consistently takes the position that researching the ownership, zoning and potential use of private property abutting The Villages is the responsibility of the prospective home owner. You’d better crank up your own research on your question.
Old 05-22-2021, 06:09 AM
Veteran member

Buyer beware if you are buying undeveloped lots.
Old 05-22-2021, 06:24 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,674 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgal44 View Post
The lot is not on the golf course. It’s in the middle of Danielson and at the middle of pond with the back of lot facing a retention pond. The cross street is near james street.
I think that is a very good lot.

When we rode by there on Sunday, we saw another couple in a golf cart driving over that lot, so people are sure out there looking around.

The retention pond is a little odd because it appears to be divided by a strip of dirt in the middle. We thought that was only temporary and would be removed, but it looked like there were shrubs being planted in the dirt area.

If we go out there tomorrow, we will look at it more carefully and take a picture.
Old 05-22-2021, 06:32 AM
Default 4 car garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
There are hundreds if not thousands of homes down here that do not have a view of a power line. Look a little harder they are all over the place. Start with Fenney, the most populous of all villages and the only power lines are on 468 which only a hand full of the hundreds of homes here can see, same goes for DeSoto and most of McClure, on the other side of the Turnpike there are Bradford, Hawkins, and parts of St. Catherine, the south side of Linden and West side of Monarch Grove also come to mind.
We have been looking for a while now. First for a spec home. Then for lots. The big problem for us is finding a lot/home with a 3 or 4 car garage or a lot that will hold that size garage. We don’t want a corner lot, or a kissing lanai, and we want a view. Very tough combination to find. We liked Hawkins and fenney but we just missed the boat on fenney. Lots were mostly sold when we first came down to look. At the time Hawkins was available we were still look for spec homes. Now that we realized we have to build, citrus grove is the only area in the near future, with lots large enough to hold a 3 or 4 car garage.
Old 05-22-2021, 06:40 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,072 Times in 429 Posts

Do yourself a favor, and visit your lot at night to experience the noise from the turnpike. You will find the noise is much more noticeable at night, when other ambient daytime noises are not present. In particular, stand in the area where your lanai will be. It would be a shame to feel like you couldn't sit on your lanai at night if the noise is too bothersome. Also, you should be able to transfer your deposit to another lot if you change your mind.
Old 05-22-2021, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
All he has to do is drive down there and look at it. We rode our bikes thru there on Sunday. The open space has some kind of nasty looking electric transformers or something like that, but nothing tall. They are planning to build houses very close to it. I don't think it would affect your new house on Danielson.

We rode our bikes along Danielson. The views of the new course are beautiful but some houses may be hit by wayward golf shots from hole #7. Yes, you will hear noise from the turnpike.

We will probably ride our bikes out there on Sunday so we can take some pictures and send them to you if you can describe exactly where your lot is.

In April 2016, we put down $10K to reserve a lot. When we got here in May, we had the option of changing to a different lot or using the money to buy an existing new home, commonly called a 'spec' home. We kept the lot we had reserved, saw a designer on July 9th to finalize our plans for a new house, and moved into the new house Oct 1.

At least that is how things worked five years ago.
That is so nice of you to offer. How would you send me pics. My lot is at the middle of Danielson, near the cross street of James road. the back of lot faces the retention pond. I am worried sick about this. The $10k is due on Tuesday. I’m worried about noise from sawgrass, noise from the highway, and potential power lines at the new power substation below hole 5 on the golf course., which I didn’t know about when we picked the lot). This is all so new to me. First time I’m buying my own home. I didn’t realize I could look at the surrounding areas on a map on t.v. Website. Just recently discovered that. I’m a real rube.
Old 05-22-2021, 07:07 AM
Default sinkholes

You should get a H O insurance quote , and ask about a separate policy for sinkhole insurance. I know for a fact that retention ponds are susceptible to spontaneously draining, Sinkhole insurance is not available in many sections of the Villages because of this. Also the Developer will not fix a sinkhole even tho the sales tour will imply the that he will.
Old 05-22-2021, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgal44 View Post
I am looking to move to T.V. Currently, new sales are in Citrus Grove. I just put a deposit on a lot on danielson loop behind a retention pond in line with hole number 3 on the southern oaks golf course. After placing the deposit, I noticed that there was a light green area on the map which indicates non village property. It is located a little below hole number 5 on the golf course. I asked my salesman what will be put there. He keeps saying he is looking into it. Within two days, I must wire transfer my next check to him. I am concerned. I watched a drone video and it looks like the green area will be a power station. It seems to be about 1/4 mile away from my location on Danielson on loop. How dangerous is that. Will there be high towers which will be seen from my location? Also, wondering if I will hear noise from the tpke. And the new ezell rec center, something I did not see originally. If I cancel now, I would only lose $2500 versus $10,000. Please help!
I did a simple Google search for "The Villages, FLorida" then oriented the map and zoomed in on the Citrus Grove location. Just East of the WVLG radio tower (end of Albatross) is a little marker that says, "Southern Oaks Substation."

Hope whatever you decide is good for you & yours.
Old 05-22-2021, 07:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
Not if you want a 3 car garage, view site, and room for a pool. We have been looking for a year for those two items, so far 3 homes came on the market, 2 with marvelous power lines out you back door.

Tags
golf, village, citrus, number, hole

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.