Building in Village of Citrus Grove

Closed Thread
Old 05-22-2021, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgal44 View Post
That is so nice of you to offer. How would you send me pics. My lot is at the middle of Danielson, near the cross street of James road. the back of lot faces the retention pond. I am worried sick about this. The $10k is due on Tuesday. I’m worried about noise from sawgrass, noise from the highway, and potential power lines at the new power substation below hole 5 on the golf course., which I didn’t know about when we picked the lot). This is all so new to me. First time I’m buying my own home. I didn’t realize I could look at the surrounding areas on a map on t.v. Website. Just recently discovered that. I’m a real rube.
We’ve been in that area twice in the last week and I’m familiar with the location of your lot - I think your fears are probably unfounded.

You’re nowhere near close enough to Sawgrass to hear significant noise from there, plus when build-out is complete in that area I think there will be a lot of homes between you and noise from Sawgrass.

There is a large existing electrical substation southeast of hole 5 and Merhottein Loop but it is a long way from your lot and you will not be able to see it from anywhere on your lot.

Re: turnpike noise - I spent some time yesterday on lot 39 at the western end of Danielson next to the tee boxes for hole 8. From that lot there are a few gaps in the golf course and berm where you can see vehicles on the turnpike. I didn’t think the noise was a problem and it probably won’t be noticeable at all indoors - but the caveat has to be that every person has their own sensitivity (or lack of) to noises. With your lot being further away and the outside rear facing NNW, I don’t think it will be an issue, but that’s just my $0.02.

Good luck and be happy with whatever you decide.
Platinum member
Thanked 1,858 Times in 784 Posts

Quote:
I am looking to move to T.V. Currently, new sales are in Citrus Grove. I just put a deposit on a lot on danielson loop behind a retention pond in line with hole number 3 on the southern oaks golf course. After placing the deposit, I noticed that there was a light green area on the map which indicates non village property. It is located a little below hole number 5 on the golf course. I asked my salesman what will be put there. He keeps saying he is looking into it. Within two days, I must wire transfer my next check to him. I am concerned. I watched a drone video and it looks like the green area will be a power station. It seems to be about 1/4 mile away from my location on Danielson on loop. How dangerous is that. Will there be high towers which will be seen from my location? Also, wondering if I will hear noise from the tpke. And the new ezell rec center, something I did not see originally. If I cancel now, I would only lose $2500 versus $10,000. Please help!
A number of us enjoy walking our dogs on the shady paths under the trees in the grove of laurel oaks and cedars that surrounds a rather large transformer station. This is right next to the dog park with the brand new pavilion. (You can see at the left of the photo below the white pavilion on the map, with the small yard for smaller dogs and the big yard for big dogs off leash.) I can hear the hum of the transformers while am on those paths, but I can’t hear it on the other side of the trees. A quarter mile distance should not be a problem. Freeway noise can carry a lot farther. You should go listen. At least, from a quarter mile away, you shouldn’t hear it inside with the windows closed.

I live on the 14th fairway at Tierra del Sol, and the cart path is within thirty feet of my property line. It hasn’t been a problem. The carts on the cart path make no more noise than the carts going by on the street, and those aren’t a problem.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	A9A5FC88-F33A-42A3-9B22-6B764A760CBB.jpg
Views:	1354
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	89589  
Soaring Eagle member
Exclamation Due Dilligents

I honestly don't understand how anyone would or should purchase a home site without a
total investigation. Example, the purchase of a home should include at least 3 visits of some length of time. The potential home should be investigated at night for noises and security, during the day for noises, surroundings, nearness to stores, banks, etc., Also prices as related to prices of homes in the area and many many other things. When we decided to buy in the The Villages we rented for a month just to get the lay of the land, we then rented the next year for 2 months to determine the best location. We then watched the real estate sales and which made the best sense, a new or pre owned. After this we picked out a location and waited for a home in that area to come up for sale. One did which we really liked and it was then that we locked up a sale. That was about 13-14 years ago and we could not be happier with the choice. It is perfected located and the value was better than we guessed. Net: Buying a home is a major investment and deserves many months of planning, studying and investigating before any decision. In my opinion I would forfeit the $2,500 and start over.
Old 05-22-2021, 07:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,743 Times in 1,225 Posts

I agree, if there is at least a street or 2 homes between you and road noise, the sound is substantially reduced.

There are very few totally "quiet" lots in the Villages, or anywhere populated.
Old 05-22-2021, 08:12 AM

Look at Google Maps... there is something called Southern Oaks Substation on it. You seem to be far enough away that it won't affect you. Also, you can switch your money to another lot, so you don't lose your money unless you back away from The Villages altogether. At least that is what we were told earlier this year. As for turnpike noise, did you not go to the lot personally?
Old 05-22-2021, 08:18 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,199 Times in 461 Posts

Baloney. Noise from roadways travel hundreds of feet and a couple of houses will not mitigate it. I used to be on a planning board when issues like this came up in developments. You would need hundreds of feet of thick evergreen trees to make any mitigation noticeable and the turnpike is 24/7. Remember, the developer does not seem to have a problem selling but that does not mean you will not have a problem on a resale.
Old 05-22-2021, 08:26 AM

You definitely have to be on your game around here when searching for a lot. We almost bought in Hawkins in October but the lot just wasn’t perfect and after returning home our agent found our perfect lot in St Catherine - preserve view, room for a pool, no power lines. We are grateful that he was able to get it at the exact moment it went on sale. The Villages has so much land that my personal opinion is that if you aren’t 100% certain, you should wait. We are so glad we did. If you aren’t confident in your agent, find a new one. Good luck!
Old 05-22-2021, 08:55 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,674 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
I am worried sick about this.
All of us who moved here from another area felt sick about things at some point.

Like I said in an earlier post, we also put down $10K in advance to reserve a lot. We were told we could either keep that lot, change to a different lot, or use the money to buy a spec home.

To be honest, if you really need a 3 or 4 car garage, maybe you need to throw some stuff out. Possessions can get in the way of you enjoying your life. Either you throw it out or your kids will throw it out.

We will try to post pictures tomorrow.
Old 05-22-2021, 09:07 AM

Quote:
I am worried sick about this. The $10k is due on Tuesday. I’m worried about noise from sawgrass, noise from the highway, and potential power lines at the new power substation below hole 5 on the golf course., which I didn’t know about when we picked the lot). This is all so new to me. First time I’m buying my own home. I didn’t realize I could look at the surrounding areas on a map on t.v. Website. Just recently discovered that. I’m a real rube.
Golfgal. Let me put your mind at ease having gone through the same experience over the past 18 months. I tracked houses and lots from January 2019 deciding on an area in Marsh Bend which was to be released during the year. We booked a lifestyle in January 2019 and flights at the end of October 2019. The lots came and went and when we got out to see the land there were only a few left. We weren't 100% sure but put down our $2,500..on a $250k premium LOT. We returned to the UK and put down the balancing $10k a week later. HERES THE THING - YOU CAN change your lot once for free (double check this still applies). We knew we had 90 days to complete designs (check the timing) and that there would be other locations coming available in the coming months. We flew out in March 2020 and went from MCO straight to our lot - the surrounding area had built up and we realised we had made a monumental mistake!!!!

DeLuna had sites, one in particular was fabulous, and Chitty Chatty had just been released - and was pretty much sold out. We decided to change lots to one costing $170k in Chitty Chatty.

Our home got built, Covid struck, the borders were closed and a year later we have as yet to be allowed into the USA to actually see our completed home. We decided to rent it out rather than leave it empty. Have a look on Facebook to see if there is a residents group yet, and if not set one up for Citrus Grove (I did this for Chitty Chatty). The group now has over 250 neighbours registered and they have organised events and parties (check out Chitty Chatty on You Tube). I have yet to meet a single neighbour in the person - yet count them as some of my cosest friends. One mows my lawn, another is helping with my US taxes. Residents have looked out for my home

So returning to your concern. Check that you can move lots, put down your deposit and then take your time to go have a proper look at the site. Check out videos from Gold Wing Nuts, Papa Pinapple, Expoloring The Villages - all of whom have done VERY informative videos of the area. I wish you every success - feel free to PM me.
Old 05-22-2021, 09:35 AM

If you are that concerned it definitely would be better to pass on this lot and wait for one that doesn't have all the potential problems you have heard about and are concerned with. The Villages is always expanding and another new area will open up, probably within 6 months. You could also look at some of the already developed areas. The cost of a new bond alone would probably pay for completely renovating an existing property. While scarce there are some older homes with the amenities/features you are looking for plus you won't have to drive 10 miles to do your shopping.

Last edited by larcha; 05-22-2021 at 09:43 AM.
Old 05-22-2021, 09:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,743 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymini View Post
Baloney. Noise from roadways travel hundreds of feet and a couple of houses will not mitigate it. I used to be on a planning board when issues like this came up in developments. You would need hundreds of feet of thick evergreen trees to make any mitigation noticeable ...
Not correct, a structure provides ten told noise reduction over landscaping. That's why the build sound barriers.

Last edited by Altavia; 05-22-2021 at 10:08 AM.
Old 05-22-2021, 09:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
I am looking to move to T.V. Currently, new sales are in Citrus Grove. I just put a deposit on a lot on danielson loop behind a retention pond in line with hole number 3 on the southern oaks golf course. After placing the deposit, I noticed that there was a light green area on the map which indicates non village property. It is located a little below hole number 5 on the golf course. I asked my salesman what will be put there. He keeps saying he is looking into it. Within two days, I must wire transfer my next check to him. I am concerned. I watched a drone video and it looks like the green area will be a power station. It seems to be about 1/4 mile away from my location on Danielson on loop. How dangerous is that. Will there be high towers which will be seen from my location? Also, wondering if I will hear noise from the tpke. And the new ezell rec center, something I did not see originally. If I cancel now, I would only lose $2500 versus $10,000. Please help!
May I point out, posters are their OPINION. The money and the decision are yours.

I'm not an attorney. From what I understand real estate law all that matters is what is in writing. I will look into that is a common stall. I do not know where you are. As far as a power station, IF, THAT IS SO I sure you can contact government offices and find out.
PHONE? You will likely get a more valid response if you set up an appointment and stop by.

Again, I am not an attorney. "I will only lose $2500 versus $10,000," only if you agree to do that. Seems to me if your claim is so, they concealed information.
Old 05-22-2021, 10:13 AM

Agreed. We’ve been looking since September.
Old 05-22-2021, 10:26 AM

We live in Marsh Bend, in the middle of Lowlands golf course.

We are 1 mile from the turnpike. We hear the traffic at night and early morning from our east facing lanai. Many homes and roads between us and the turnpike.

There are Villas halfway between us and the turnpike. Took a long time to sell them but they are now sold.

There are view lots on Lawler Loop between us and the Turnpike. Took a long time to sell those too. There is a spec designer home listed for $700+K and several pending. Soon, a few more spec homes will come to market. Originally offered as Designer Homesite lots, but they did not sell quickly. Suddenly they are, at a premium.

I did a quick look at your home site. You definitely will hear the turnpike. Only you will know if the noise bothers you. We wouldn't consider it.

Also, across the pond is a map area currently colored green; not a preserve, but likely will be future homesites. An aerial drone view will show the infrastructure that is being developed right now.

Hire Don Wiley, Goldwingnut to video your site.

Of course, this is all my opinion.
--------------------------------------------
We live in interesting times
--------------------------------------------
Old 05-22-2021, 10:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie0723 View Post
There is no "perfect" lot, all have compromises depending on your preferences.

The average Villager moves 3 times. The way prices are increasing, the financial risk is low if you find a location you like better 1+ year from now.
Perhaps, I am different from others. Average Villager moves 3x. I know two that are on number 4. My view do it right the first time and I do not need to pack all my stuff etc. Prices are increasing ok fine so you got more for your home than you paid for it. Reality, assuming you will buy in the villages, or realty, anywhere, the replacement has also gone up in cost.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, village, citrus, number, hole

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.