Building in Village of Citrus Grove

Closed Thread
Old 06-19-2021, 01:28 PM
Default What did you decide?

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgal44 View Post
Thanks so much for doing this for me. My lot looks more like the 5th pic. I am not one of the lots on the golf course. I am closer to the middle the pond. I had asked a friend who lives outside t.v. If they would take a look. I will be down there in a couple of weeks. This friend asked one of the ce,ent workers what that strip was. He said it’s a road they flatten out so their trucks could drive up and down to plant trees. He said “no path”. He said the construction dept. has all the maps and they would know about paths. He insisted there would be not walk/bike path there. Sure hope he’s right.
So, did you get a chance to visit and see your lot?
Old 06-19-2021, 09:02 PM

There are now new houses being built on the other side of the pond.
--------------------------------------------
We live in interesting times
Old 06-20-2021, 07:55 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiminmiss View Post
Yes, what was the outcome, inquiring minds want to know!
Old 06-20-2021, 08:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,900 Times in 914 Posts

The current conundrum is that lots and houses are going fast and low on resale inventory as the boomers retire, and are looking for a lower tax base and better retirement weather. Do you have to move and can wait for a better resale in a year from now? There is a huge case of popular TV FOMO (fear of missing out) right now, and this is what is driving the current buying craze. . If I were you, I would continue to sell your home as its a great time to sell, and rent a villa, condo, whatever you can fit into , in TV, and continue your search down here. . . and be ready to pounce, ie close in one day, (hyperbole to the literals) when you find the perfect lot. . . there is more time available than you realize without getting caught up in FOMO, and you will get a better deal for your dreams than rushing it right now. . . and write the $2,500 off on your taxes as an investment loss. . .

finance guy
Old 06-20-2021, 08:57 AM
Gold member

If you move three times in a short time period suggests to me you didn't do your homework. My 2 cents.
Old 06-20-2021, 10:06 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,176 Times in 757 Posts

You will defiantly hear the turnpike from there.
Old 06-20-2021, 12:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottoguy View Post
If you move three times in a short time period suggests to me you didn't do your homework. My 2 cents.
Or you bought first home as a VaCa home, 2nd home so parents could enjoy also. Third home is where you live, but not really attached and could sell and move at anytime. It’s good to have more than 2 cents, and young enough to do it.
Old 07-24-2021, 11:55 PM
Default Building in village of citrus grove

We did travel down to see it. We went many times to listen for highway noise. The only time we heard any was when there was strong wing in direction of lot. That happened only twice in about 20 visits. I think it will be even better after all the houses on that block are built. Now we are trying to decide between the laurel oak and the zinnia (stretched). Any input would be appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiminmiss View Post
Old 07-25-2021, 12:01 AM
Default Building in citrus grove

Unfortunately, we will be losing $10,000, not $2500. I agree with your logic but from what I have investigated, the only area upcoming, without highways too close, and with view lots, will be in Richmond, but that will not be opening for another 6 months to a year. By that time, I will have already lost the money. I would hate to waste so much money renting for a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post
The current conundrum is that lots and houses are going fast and low on resale inventory as the boomers retire, and are looking for a lower tax base and better retirement weather. Do you have to move and can wait for a better resale in a year from now? There is a huge case of popular TV FOMO (fear of missing out) right now, and this is what is driving the current buying craze. . If I were you, I would continue to sell your home as its a great time to sell, and rent a villa, condo, whatever you can fit into , in TV, and continue your search down here. . . and be ready to pounce, ie close in one day, (hyperbole to the literals) when you find the perfect lot. . . there is more time available than you realize without getting caught up in FOMO, and you will get a better deal for your dreams than rushing it right now. . . and write the $2,500 off on your taxes as an investment loss. . .

finance guy
Old 07-25-2021, 12:03 AM
Default Building in citrus grove

Yes but you can definitely hear the noise from there.,we drove around and noticed that.

QUOTE=M2inOR;1962129]There are now new houses being built on the other side of the pond.[/QUOTE]
Old 07-25-2021, 07:28 AM

Re: Richmond and St. Johns

Both new areas will soon see construction of new homes, but are still quite close to the Turnpike for most of the building sites.

The area of Richmond near the new rec center between the Water Lily bridge and Brownwood/44 is about a mile away from the Turnpike. Originally, there was a plan to build apartments, but looks now to be future home sites.

We are 1 mile from Turnpike in Marsh Bend, near Edna's. Turnpike noise is mostly like white noise, and not bothersome. Wind and temperature sometimes makes it louder, and at times not heard at all.

Good luck with your search.
We live in interesting times
Old 07-25-2021, 08:15 AM

We live in Hawkins -- closer to Warm Springs Road -- about 1/4 mile form the turnpike. Some evenings you can hear Warm Springs traffic and nothing from the Turnpike. Other nights, it sounds like the truckers from the turnpike are on your lawn. It is amazing how the weather/wind/clouds affect the noise in the neighborhoods along the turnpike.

When we see the development for the newer sections of Hawkins along the turnpike, Casson Hammock, and Citrus Grove, we wonder if folks are ready for the noise. Some people are ready -- they moved from big cities and noisy suburbs.

I don't have any answers. Just know that 1 or 2 visits to your lot may not be even to fully appreciate the experience across all hours and seasons.
Old 07-25-2021, 04:31 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,016 Times in 523 Posts
Default Moving to Citrus Grove

For what it worth, my wife and I purchased a lot back in early March in CG and have zero regrets. We look forward to being near Azel and Sawgrass. We are three blocks from the dog park in Homestead. One block from the CG pool and post office and 2 blocks from Sawgrass. We like it that way. But then we have been living around peace and quiet for years.

“Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see further.” Thomas Carlyle
Old 07-25-2021, 06:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,022 Times in 5,323 Posts

This thread with the worries about not being happy with your location makes us happy we bought in an established village and knew what we were getting.
Old 07-25-2021, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post
The new areas south of 44 have huge A frame power lines, front and center.Its difficult to find a new home without some sort of power line in plain view, trust me, we have been looking. But some people don't seem to mind them, we do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Amazing that people pay huge amounts for lots and do not pay much attention to their surroundings when doing so.

Why would anyone want to build near an Interstate or huge power lines?

Would definitely pay more for a better location.
We are buying with a clear and present view of the massive power lines in the back.

We choose to look at it as a positive, as there can never ever be houses built behind us. No kissing lanais for us. Just open land for where those lines go through. Some well placed trees and landscaping will take the focus off most of it.

In reality, this is a no brainer trade-off for all the great things they are planning for that area.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, village, citrus, number, hole

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.